PDA

View Full Version : Problem.

Khaotic
07-19-2005, 06:15 AM
I've recently came into an error with my ps2, or game, please help.

Basically, its star ocean: till the end of time, I put the game in, disc 1 or 2, both have the same problem, basically the game works fine, however, the control does not work at all, it is plugged in, all that common sense stuff is correct. I took the game out, put in another game, older(ffx) and newer(atelier iris:eternal mana) and the controller works fine, so whats the deal? It makes no sense what-so-ever to me as to why the game works perfectly fine, but the controller does it. It is a regular see-through green analog controller for Ps2, I even tried another controller, and that failed as well.

ANY advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.

oh, and I thought I might add, the game discs are in mint condition as well.

Rengori
07-19-2005, 06:35 AM
If it wasn't a PS2 game, I'd say check the analog, but I'm afraid that won't to work. I say get a regular PS2 controler by Sony rather than a third party company.

Khaotic
07-19-2005, 06:36 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801434

it IS a "real" analog controller, and its made by sony.

Rengori
07-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Well then, I don't know what to say.

Khaotic
07-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks anyways, I emailed Square Enix about it. Hopefully they will give me some sort of advice, if not a refund, even though the game is quite old in gaming standards, so I doubt I will, but oh well.

Dreddz
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Im stomped for answering. Just........hope?

Aphelion
07-22-2005, 05:00 PM
My SOTTEOT has a huge slowdown problem everytime I enter a battle. It's like, 2 to 3 minutes before I can even see the characters in the screen (but the battle music keeps playing, which is a good thing). I think it might be just an error in your DVDs, so try to get a new one (from Square-Enix, of course) and your problem will probably be solved, I hope.

Rengori
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
According to one of the Adventurers comics I read yesterday, the data on the DVD is closer towards the middle, so a scratch deep enough on either side will damage the disc. A CD however has data closer to the label, so getting the label scratched up is a bad thing. Anywho, you might just need a new copy of the game.