PDA

View Full Version : 11 sux

spartancode117
07-19-2005, 06:00 PM
i dont think that "Final Fantasy" XI should be considered a final fantasy, because not everyone could get a chance to play it. Being a major FF fanboy myself, XI is the only one i cant play, just because it's online. I have almost every other final fantasy in the series, including origins, tactics, and chronicles. but because i dont have any way of paying the fee, i cant get XI. :( :( :(

Necronopticous
07-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I still think that Final Fanatasy XI should have been called Final Fantasy Online, though I don't see any problem in calling it "Final Fantasy" because it was a Final Fantasy game, that much was obvious. I was fortunate enough to have been able to play the game when it came out and play to the point where I felt as if I'd seen most of what the game had to offer so I personally feel as if I've got XI under my belt, however, it's really going to suck for fans that come to the series after Final Fantasy XI goes offline because they'll forever have that gap and never be able to experience one of the numbered installments of the series.

Vaprice
07-20-2005, 01:34 AM
FF games in general made by square...

FFXI still made by square...

you could've gotten this game dude, either a better computer, or your PS2!!!!! ZOMGOMGOMGOMG! though it does cost money you CAN still be able to PLAY it!

Oh and by paying for the fee you could get a JOB~~~ water flowers, work anywhere you could find money?

FFXI to me is called a final fantasy game because it has the name in the title...."Final Fantasy" although it is an online game makes no difference what so ever, it still has the FANTASY part working out for it!

Rostum
07-20-2005, 02:25 AM
Also, if you think there's no real story to this game, think again. This game is massive.And they still have all the eastern continents to introduce (which have already been incorporated within the story).

Here's a site: http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/
It has a little of the story and most important characters, but the guy is still posting more stuff about the story.

In anycase, I wouldn't have thought you could get all of what this game has to offer unless you were level 75 and had completed everything up to the end of CoP (which is being continued in this new patch).

This game is just as true to any other FF game (mainly FF1 I can think of right now), just online though. You still have stats and jobs to build up, lots of FF elements, still made by the same company. So I don't see how it sucks - expecially if you haven't played it / got past level 40-60.

Anyways, just my two gil.

strawberryman
07-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Well, I'm sorry you 'can't play', but where theres a will, there's a way. It's worth it. :)

Oh and by paying for the fee you could get a JOB~~~ water flowers, work anywhere you could find money?

Lionx
07-20-2005, 07:44 AM
FFXI = more people will play :P I would name it XI too, because it will sell more.

EQ is still online, so long there are people still playing it snot going off for a long tmie.

Xalibar
07-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Is FFXI better played through the computer or the console?

Miriel
07-22-2005, 06:05 AM
I say through the Computer, but I've never played it on the playstation so I wouldn't really know.

Ouch!
07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
Computer is my personal preference. I can do everything on the keyboard without having to use a controller too. Aside from that if you've got a nice computer it looks much better.

-N-
07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
i dont think that "Final Fantasy" XI should be considered a final fantasy, because not everyone could get a chance to play it. Being a major FF fanboy myself, XI is the only one i cant play, just because it's online. I have almost every other final fantasy in the series, including origins, tactics, and chronicles. but because i dont have any way of paying the fee, i cant get XI. :( :( :(Somebody call the waaaah-mbulance.

Miriel
07-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Somebody call the waaaah-mbulance.
If this were in-game, I might blist you for that comment. :)

It's unfortunate that more Final Fantasy fans can't (or won't) play this game because I really think that (despite it's many many faults) it's one of the best Final Fantasy games I've ever played.

lordblazer
07-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I know how it feels to not be able to play an online game because your parents are so self righteous that thy htink its a waste of money but oh well lol dude.

KamiTidus
07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Im going to have to agree that it shouldnt have been called Final Fantasy XI...

Reasons:

1. All Final Fantasy games were love stories, XI isnt in my opinion... (main reason)
2. Final Fantasy games are 3 (or 4) person parties.... not 6...
3. You cant solo which is really lame..
4. Horrible music... (except the music that plays when making a mthra >.>;; )
5. Their just now adding NPC characters that can be used for party...
6. Story progression is too slow.
7. Just cause its my opinion.

I still play it though cause I have nothing better to do..

Lionx
07-29-2005, 01:05 PM
1. All Final Fantasy games were love stories, XI isnt in my opinion... (main reason)
2. Final Fantasy games are 3 (or 4) person parties.... not 6...
3. You cant solo which is really lame..
4. Horrible music... (except the music that plays when making a mthra >.>;; )
5. Their just now adding NPC characters that can be used for party...
6. Story progression is too slow.
7. Just cause its my opinion.

1.) So in that sense FFXII is also not a real final fantasy...and also FF1 as well...wait so the first final fantasy isnt a final fantasy? Wow..O_O

2.) And FFIV is not an FF because it has 5 person parties...wow O_O

3.) But you never solo ever in other FFs as well. When are you ever alone and able to stand a chance for real? I dont think ever. Plus exp aqqusition patch makes it a little better. Partying is what makes people come back many times for those who quit and join other MMOs and i find that lacks the most in every MMO.

4.) Your opinion, i find alot of em to be good especially Zilart and Promathia.

5.) The NPC doesnt stay very long, the standard party is still going to be better for exp, hwoever for certain fights an NPC might work out well. you might as well critize Guild Wars as the idea is made from that.

6.) Story progression is a little slow if you dont have friends to do missions for you. So get a good LS and start doing them, or maybe you should level up higher for them.

7.) The first 2 arent opinions at all D: the 5th is not valid at all and makes no sense whatsoever. The rest however are more valid opinions and if you dont wanna solo FFXI is not the game for you. I dont see why anyone would want to play solo in an massive online game with other people but...yeah if you dont like partying then stick to offline games.

xtreme112
07-30-2005, 10:48 AM
So I'm confused here...

So you can play FFXI both online and on PS2? Do they sell the games seperately or can you simply put the pc game into your ps2 and play (the only version I've seen is always in the pc area so i dont know)

But I do see where Spartancode117 is coming from here, I really wanted to play FFXI and I would love to be able to play a game online too, but i think it is a rip-off to have to go out and buy the game, then go and pay so you can actually play it. I don't like the idea of p2p system (That system has kept me from playing Ragnarok Online and it is KILLING me inside!) and because of that system I haven't been able to even see what the game is really like.

So can you actually play FFXI without the P2P system? Even if it doesn't mean playing online?

°¿°¿°
07-30-2005, 11:00 AM
for the ps2 FF11 you need to buy a specialy cartridge thing to your ps2 to play it and a think you got to buy seperate game to but the pc and ps2 games both lead to the same world thats why somtimes you see people saying ther eplaying on ps2

Lionx
07-30-2005, 11:50 AM
That special "cart" is a HDD Hardrive built for the PS2, you need older models to play it however.

You cannot play this offline at all, online is the only way possible. Games that do not get paid regularly usually have bad updates anyway..if any.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856 -_-;

Rostum
07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
You people complain that you have to pay to play it and therefor it shouldn't be titled Final Fantasy XI? Weird.

Vaprice
07-30-2005, 11:51 PM
You people complain that you have to pay to play it and therefor it shouldn't be titled Final Fantasy XI? Weird.

xD Omecle its all right they're not aussies like us :P lol

but who cares if you have to pay for it. Get a job, make a deal with your parents or something. Just becuse this game is online doesn't stop this game from being called a Final fantasy~

who knows SE could decide to make all of their games...ONLINE???? lol jk, that'd be funny though, I'd like to see who would not call them FF's

Yeargdribble
07-31-2005, 01:05 AM
I too wish that perhaps it had been entitled Final Fantasy: Online. The only reason is that I like my little collection of FFs on the shelf (save for FF III) and when I can always go back and play them years from now I won't be able to do the same with FF XI when it goes offline (which I think is still several years away).

However, games like FFXI provide the kind of memories you don't really develop with Single Player Games (SPGs henceforth). I have great memories from FFVI and I can play back through it again and think about the first time but after a while it's not the same.

It's coming past the one year mark of me playing FFXI. After its release I avoided it for nearly a year for many reasons but eventually thought I had to give it a try. I have so many memories of my beginnings in the game. I only started this game once and will only have single golden memories of certain events. With an SPG you may play it over and basically repeat the experience and there's not quite the magic of remembering.

I remember the first time I walked out into West Ronfaure with a few 'high level' friends (30s) helping me get started. I remember soon after Summerfest started. Looking back now I have the urge to level some of the (very few) jobs I don't have at 10 yet in Ronfaure even though I find XPing 6-10 in Ghelsba more rewarding. There's a great feeling hearing that Summerfest/Ronfaure music and thinking that a year ago I was a lowly subless BLM working my way though epic solo battles where my life was always hanging by a single thread.

Here I am a level 73 BRD... nearly to the peak of my dreams when starting the game. I have a whole new perspective and it's great to look back on what got me here. It's great to see what a noob I was in retrospect... what friends I had back then and where they are now. Who got me to where I am... How can I help others who are where I was.

Now I'm just rambling but my point is.... there are memories to be made in a MMO that are absolutely special and there will never be an exact repeat of the moment in time when those memories were formed. At some point in the distant future when the last FFXI server shutsdown and I move on I can at least cherish those memories of my humble beginnings.

Nicolai
08-01-2005, 11:58 PM
your actually saying it shouldn't be called a final fantasy game just cause ur too poor to pay for it?! BAD!
( '_')---|('_' ) ( '_')---/(0_0) :smash:

Mo-Nercy
08-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't get it. Are you actually telling me that being unable to say "I've played every mainstream Final Fantasy. I am too frickin' leet for you!" actually upsets you because it's you're never going to play FFXI? I don't know about you, but I'm fine with saying, "Yeah, I've played a lot of FFs, not XI though." I'm not exactly going to collapse into a pool of tears 20 years from now when I look through my old FF collection and see FF1 to FF10 and then suddenly have it jump to 12.

I'm sorry I'm not as dedicated as you.

DJZen
08-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes, obviously FFXI is not a true Final Fantasy, and I will now present my list of reasons why:

1) It's an MMORPG and none of the other FFs were RPGs. The series has never branched out or tried anything new since the first installation, which is why we're using turn-based battles and don't have any FMVs.

2) It doesn't have a memorable cast of main playable characters. The other people you play with online don't have interesting personalities of their own, and FFI, III, VIII, T, TA and CC all had nothing but playable characters with strong, unique personalities.

3) It's reverted back to the medieval setting. This is a step backwards for Square because FFVII, VIII and (arguably) X were all futuristic in setting, and 23% of a series is always enough to be definitive.

4) It doesn't have any awesome FMVs, because the install disc (PS2) and regular game startup (PC) don't contain any FMV at all, and FF has been using FMVs since its first appearance on the NES.

5) It radically breaks from too many FF traditions and thus we shouldn't call it a FF. This is why nobody ever refers to FFII, FFIV, FFVII, FFVIII, or FFX as part of the main series. There are also no references to Chocobos, Moogles, Flare, Holy, Meteo, Summons, Cactuars, Tonberrys, Malboros, spell/spellra/spellraga level spell progression, red/black/white mages, Gil, potions, elixirs, ethers, phoenix downs, any of the named weapons, or any other major Final Fantasy traditions in the game.

6) I have to pay a monthly fee to play the game. No other FF has ever had this and it's really not fair to make me pay for the maintenance of the servers, the tech support, the use of bandwidth, updates, resurrecting servers, employee wages, the cost of expansion, and generally keeping the game running when all I want to do is play the game.

7) You can never really beat the game. There is no final boss and a random content generator continuously spits out new content so you can never experience everything in the game. Even if you COULD beat some sort of "theoretical final boss", you would just be able to keep on playing anyway, and Square would NEVER make a game where you can continue playing the game after you beat the boss.

8) The game sucks up way too much free time by making you do repetative things for items that are worth increasingly little as time goes by. FF games have NEVER done this before. No FF has ever been repetative or devalued your items as you progressed in the game.

9) The storyline isn't as immersive since FFXI is an MMORPG, and MMORPGs make you level up for hours and hours between plot segments. All other FF games bombard you with plotline constantly without having stretches where levelling up is important.

10) Because there are no mopey emo bois with huge swords in the game.

Why yes, OBVIOSULY FFXI could NEVER be a REAL FF.

Ouch!
08-02-2005, 03:25 AM
DJZen, have I ever told you that I love you?

Lionx
08-02-2005, 03:55 AM
No you cannot have him, Torren is mine!! XD

DJZen
08-03-2005, 04:45 AM
And I love you guys too and want to autograph your subligar! I'll write "Torren wuz here" on the backside!

Rostum
08-03-2005, 05:28 AM
And I love you guys too and want to autograph your subligar! I'll write "Torren wuz here" on the backside!

I have paper subligar, be carefull not to rip it. (>^_~)>

chionos
08-07-2005, 01:14 AM
dj
that was the best post
ever
I don't wear subligar because i'm a galka and that'd be scary...
but would you sign my tail?

Vaprice
08-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Im too poor to have a subligar so all I have is some whitey titghties! if that works lol

DJZen
08-08-2005, 03:41 AM
For you, Vaprice, anything.

-N-
08-08-2005, 05:54 AM
If this were in-game, I might blist you for that comment. :)I posted in this thread? What's blisting? What's FFXI? Why am I here?

Cloud_99
08-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Yeah I hate to say it man but you can't say that FFXI isn't a real FF just becasue you can't afford it. Kids in poorer parts of Africa can't afford to play FFVII does that mean that that's not a real FF either?

DJZen
08-19-2005, 06:54 AM
If this were in-game, I might blist you for that comment. :)I posted in this thread? What's blisting? What's FFXI? Why am I here?

blist = black list. It's basically an "ignore" button.

Vertisce
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I still think that Final Fanatasy XI should have been called Final Fantasy Online, though I don't see any problem in calling it "Final Fantasy" because it was a Final Fantasy game, that much was obvious. I was fortunate enough to have been able to play the game when it came out and play to the point where I felt as if I'd seen most of what the game had to offer so I personally feel as if I've got XI under my belt, however, it's really going to suck for fans that come to the series after Final Fantasy XI goes offline because they'll forever have that gap and never be able to experience one of the numbered installments of the series.
It will be years upon years before FFXI goes offline and even then they will probably have a way for people to play it offline too like they do with UO and other MMORPG's of the past. Most MMO's after thier popularity dies make private servers for people to play for free.

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I still think that Final Fanatasy XI should have been called Final Fantasy Online,

*concurs*

omnislasher
08-27-2005, 08:38 AM
It will be years upon years before FFXI goes offline and even then they will probably have a way for people to play it offline too like they do with UO and other MMORPG's of the past. Most MMO's after thier popularity dies make private servers for people to play for free.
yea, thats what happened to starcraft. and that game still rox my sox

Lionx
08-27-2005, 08:48 AM
..........Starcraft was never pay to play and isnt an MMORPG..