PDA

View Full Version : DDR!!! ^_________^

Levian
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
omg, isn't this just so much fun? ^_^ I play it at the arcade with my friends and we all laugh and play, but i screw up a lot though, lol. ^_^;;;

Captain Maxx Power
07-19-2005, 11:45 PM
...indeed. Move your feet, to the beat!

ZeZipster
07-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I played for 8 hours today. I'm beat.

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I enjoy DDR when I play it on an arcade pad. My soft pad just doesn't cut it.

Anywho, off to General Gaming...

Rye
07-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I've never played it before. Am I the only one who hasn't?

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 01:53 AM
This game is fun in arcades, though it took me several days to get the hang of it. But once I did, I was told I was pretty good.

kikimm
07-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Eh.....I don't really like it. Although it seems like it's good for excercising, so maybe I'll change my mind. Seems really expensive, though.

I don't like doing DDR at arcades. Not very fun. Especially if you have the setting on Easy, or Slow. Whatever it is.

:D

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 01:58 AM
i love this game, move your feet to the beat :)

i think im the only person in australia who can do orion 79 on maniac in australia

ive beaten the 5th best in australia at that song.

ovcourse he flogged me at any other one.

Black Mage
07-20-2005, 02:10 AM
My friend's mother is better at DDR than me.

I'm that bad.

I'd imagine it's fun if you're good at it.

Kittay
07-20-2005, 02:17 AM
I enjoy DDR when I play it on an arcade pad. My soft pad just doesn't cut it.

Agreed. I own a crappy DDR Remix game for PS, and my 2 soft pads don't work so well. The left arrow keeps losing sensativity and my feet slip too much. I DDR-ed this summer on the boardwalk, and did surprisingly well, considering it was in front of more people than I'm used to.

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 02:21 AM
it gets tiring if your good at this game, thats why i only do maniac.

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 03:02 AM
http://www.digitaltorque.com/mydancepad/
This is worth checking out for anyone with huge interest in DDR, time, and some money.

Cruise Control
07-20-2005, 03:05 AM
I love it, I've got sKills.

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 03:39 AM
yeah, its awesome once you get the gist of it and show off.

SomethingBig
07-20-2005, 04:45 AM
I am teh own at DDR.

Meat Puppet
07-20-2005, 09:22 AM
One time I played DDR against this little half man and he beat me, like a zillion points to negative 8. So I kicked him in the head and took my money. :cool:

Reles
07-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Uh...I laugh at people who play DDR. I don't know why...maybe it's because they worship it and clean off the DDR pad after every round. Or everyone just sits there and watches and the majority of the people that play have some sort of competition. I sat down and watched one once and they're all pretty talented and all, this guy did this backflip once. It's quite intense, but it's so intense it makes me laugh, because every gets all serious.

I work at an arcade though and we have a new game that's like DDR, but instead of 4 steps, there's 8, and you can move around a lot more, it's called exceed or something and it's got somewhat nekkie anime women on it. But yeah...I have to put up with that all day at work.

Cz
07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
DDR is great fun. If you're good at it, then it's a unique and challenging gaming experience. If you're bad, it's just another fun thing to do with your friends while drunk. :D

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Uh...I laugh at people who play DDR. I don't know why...maybe it's because they worship it and clean off the DDR pad after every round. Or everyone just sits there and watches and the majority of the people that play have some sort of competition. I sat down and watched one once and they're all pretty talented and all, this guy did this backflip once. It's quite intense, but it's so intense it makes me laugh, because every gets all serious.
I usually just play it for fun, but one time my summer gym class took a trip to an arcade/minigolf/etc. place and there was this guy there that took it way too seriously. The guy had like...gym shorts, tank top, tube socks pulled up half his leg, and I think a sweat band on. Everyone was watching him and admiring his skill, but when he sat down and started chugging his Powerade like Napoleon Dynamite I think everyone was full of material to make fun of the guy with on the bus ride home.

Rye
07-20-2005, 06:25 PM
I usually just play it for fun, but one time my summer gym class took a trip to an arcade/minigolf/etc. place and there was this guy there that took it way too seriously. The guy had like...gym shorts, tank top, tube socks pulled up half his leg, and I think a sweat band on. Everyone was watching him and admiring his skill, but when he sat down and started chugging his Powerade like Napoleon Dynamite I think everyone was full of material to make fun of the guy with on the bus ride home.

Only Napoleon Dynamite can chug Powerade like that. Haha, could you imagine Napleon doing DDR. If there is ever a Napoleon sequal, I hope he DDRs.

Cruise Control
07-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Uh...I laugh at people who play DDR. I don't know why...maybe it's because they worship it and clean off the DDR pad after every round. Or everyone just sits there and watches and the majority of the people that play have some sort of competition. I sat down and watched one once and they're all pretty talented and all, this guy did this backflip once. It's quite intense, but it's so intense it makes me laugh, because every gets all serious.Thats NOT me!

Sephex
07-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I like it. I can play tough standard to tough heavy songs, depending on what they are. I haven't played in awhile. I'd probably play more often if my freinds would stop being insecure and play it already (I know you are going to get into it edczxcvbnm, so don't bitch).

Psychotic
07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I was playing some DDR like thing at the last EoFF UK meet up on Saturday because Lenna made me and she put it on hard and I'd never played before so I sucked. After 5 seconds I got off and decided to only hit the down arrow. I rocked. :cool:

StarlightAngel
07-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm horrible at it, but its still fun to play :)

Against people who suck as bad as I do.

Fate Fatale
07-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I LOVE this game! I have DDR MAX and I"ve unlocked the song "Max 300" has anyone here gotten at least a AA on that song? its frickin hard!!!

DK
07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I've never played it before. Am I the only one who hasn't?

No. :} If i'm in an arcade I prefer to play Racing games or Beat 'em ups.

Mo-Nercy
07-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I prefer Pump It Up because it has classical music to dance to. :D (and FIVE foot-things!)

i think im the only person in australia who can do orion 79 on maniac in australia
I got A in Healing Vision on Maniac once. Yeah! :cool:

I was playing some DDR like thing at the last EoFF UK meet up on Saturday because Lenna made me and she put it on hard and I'd never played before so I sucked. After 5 seconds I got off and decided to only hit the down arrow. I rocked.
I do that to my friends too. 'Cuz they don't know that you can change it on the songlist too. :mad:

Lenna
07-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Psy ruled at DDR, should I mention Stepmania ? :P if you like DDR you'll love stepmania ;D www.stepmaniaonline.com (you can download all song packs in existance for DDR and also buy a usb converter so you can use the mat with it ;D)

Excelsior
07-21-2005, 05:19 AM
o god, dont even get me started. ive played maxx unlimited so many times that i can pass it on dark wave 1.5 speed and overhead mods. AND I smurfING FULL COMBOED PSM HEAVY BUT THEN FAILED AT THE DEATH RUN!!! PSM = TEH SUX!!! :mad2: :mad2: (exept its my favorite 10-footer tied with maxx unlimited :D )

P.S. one of my friends can get a B on PSMO. I saw him do it. I was left speechless.

KuRt
07-21-2005, 10:59 AM
DDR is sooooo wonderful ^^

Markus. D
07-21-2005, 03:41 PM
i can get AA in orion 69 and A orion 78 civilization mix hard/maniac level on fast forward ddr mode.

i cant help laughing though, high pitch japanese shouting woman shouting at a high speed is a major distraction (i enjoy the challenge).

my A achievments on Maniac/hard

123 step or something
A (yeah that song is awesome)
V (yeah, this song to)
paranoia eternal
stoic
healing vision (not angelic)
japan
sakura
tsugaru apple mix
tsugaru
holic

the list goes on forever.

i guess im a ddr freak. :)

Ouch!
07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
I got my sister DDR for her last birthday (I swear I wasn't thinking of myself, she wanted it too!) and I suppose I'm decent at it. I've gotten too used to the soft matt and I have a hard time on the arcade version because of the size difference. I don't get to play the arcade version much either because the only one I know of is at the movie theater and I don't go to the theater often.

I can pull off at least a B on just about every song on standard but heavy owns me. D=

Cruise Control
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm a beast, A & V (EXTREME) have A** on heavy, I've got skill.

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 03:47 AM
yeah, A and V are like teh awesomest of the songs.

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 03:48 AM
DDR is my source of excerise...wow...that's sad...

SomethingBig
07-22-2005, 04:23 AM
My best songs and results are listed below. I don't use any mods or anything.
Healing Vision: Angelic Mix - A
So Deep - A - Almost AAed it, but the last 10-15 steps never stop messing me up
Burning Heat - A
Rhythm and Police - A

Excelsior
07-22-2005, 06:09 AM
my best scores:

Paranoia Rebirth:AA Heavy 2x
Sakura: A Heavy 1.5x
Max 300: A Heavy 1.5x
Maxx Unlimited: B Heavy 1.5x

AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN A ON PSM HEAVY IF I DIDNT smurfING FAIL AT THE DEATH RUN!!! IM STILL MAD ABOUT THAT!!! :mad2: :mad2:

right now im working on the Legend of Max heavy, theres one part i totally suck at, but otherwise, I can do pretty well, and I can full combo the whole end after the slow-down. oh yeah, and PSMO is just impossible :P

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 06:19 AM
the greatest diffucult song in my eyes is Drop Out and that japonese jazz song that goes twice as fast as it.

-TIDUS-
07-22-2005, 06:58 AM
i love this game, move your feet to the beat :)

ive beaten the 5th best in australia at that song.

ovcourse he flogged me at any other one.

Thats nothing in Canada, theres like tourneys every week here and DDR is life here. There are kids who AAA Orion here. ME myself, I can AA every song on heavy except for Maxx Unlimited and Paranoia Survivor and Survivor Max. LOL, but I ain't one of those freaks, I've just been playing since DDR ever came out which was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Rase
07-22-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm okay at it, but not that good. I'll usually only play it with my friends, since we all suck so it's hilarious. We do teams too, with 2-4 people per pad :D

Alice
07-22-2005, 07:09 AM
I definitely am better than alot of people out there... but i still have a long while till im as good as the champs. ^_^ i get cramps so easy though... i get em from walkin too... so i know im limited, i still get AAs all the time, never gotten an AA in hard mode though, always Bs :P oh well.
I just got done playing as a matter of fact and I really just use the workout mode all the time. I cant wait for Extreme 2 for ps2, im currently looking to obtain the entire NA PS2/1 releases ;) yay for ebay

Markus. D
07-23-2005, 01:24 AM
wow, i wanna play ddr in canada :)

Lenna
07-23-2005, 01:30 AM
I can AA Practically all the easy songs well on my way to Triple A'ing them but when I was at the UK Meet I managed to get AA on Max 300 Difficult/Standard (which is difficult for americans etc) so next time I'm gonna try heavy. But here in the UK we're limited to games etc. In order to get all the good song's you need to either have imported PS2's/game consoles or Stepmania with a USB converter. I'm lucky enough to have one of those they're only about 8 pound. And I'm going to get a TX2000 for christmas Wewt <3

Peegee
07-23-2005, 02:32 AM
http://www.avantgame.com/parapara.gif is better.

But I like watching people play DDR..though I really really don't like it, since it limits me to only four pads to dance on, and forces you to dance a certain way.

In fact, dancing games such as DDR and PPP destroys your dancing skills.

Markus. D
07-23-2005, 11:13 AM
i actually dont like para para that much, its to easy to use.

DDR all the way!!!!

Alice
07-23-2005, 09:53 PM
But I like watching people play DDR..though I really really don't like it, since it limits me to only four pads to dance on, and forces you to dance a certain way.

In fact, dancing games such as DDR and PPP destroys your dancing skills.

I highly disagree actually, it gets people interested in dancing, and i can actually do some really kick a$$ moves on that pad. Plus it makes fat people skinny so they can dance better, true story (i owe alot of my weightloss to ddr, 50lbs)