PDA

View Full Version : General Guild Wars

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 02:01 AM
this is the disscussion thread for everything relating to this masterpeice im soon to buy called guild wars.

im gonna be a ranger and a mesmer when i get it.

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 03:01 AM
It's fun. It's close to D2 style gameplay but more layed out like an MMO. All of the characters are really balanced, which is awesome.

My interest has waned in it already, but I think it's just because I have other games that I'd much rather play. The only character I was running was an E/Mo14, which is an alright combo. Elementalists are really fun to play, but the monk didn't turn out so well as a secondary. All of my healing spells sucked even with a bunch of points in healing skills. Ah well.

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Guild Wars is pretty cool. I became a E/W, which didn't turn out quite as useful as I expected. The magic is very useful though, and the melee skill is nice when your in a tight spot. Anyway, yeah, I really like this game.

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 03:37 AM
when do you get to choose a secondary class?... is it at the beggining?

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah, in the very beginning.

Lindy
07-20-2005, 03:50 AM
You can also change your secondary after you've ascended, but that's about 2/3's of the way into the game.

I'm a total geek/nerd about this, I've got most of the skills, builds, combos, locations, monsters, quests, whatever memorised already =X

Anyway...

I have a level 20 Ascended R/Mo, playing for Disrrupt/Interrupt and general annoyance.
A level 16 N/W Life-Stealing Curses and Axe-Skills.
Level 16 Me/N Illusion/Domination/Curses, mainly DoT and Energy Removal.
And finally a level 14 Mo/Me, full healer.

This game is hawt as hell, but it can get kind of annoying trying to make up a good party, especially for the Crystal Desert missions, but once you get one you can blaze through.

After playing it obsessively for a while, then not at all, I find it's a lot more fun if you play it in short bursts, an hour or a few here and then, and as long as you play with friends it's great. I have a pretty good guild whom I play with sometimes, and eventually I'll get around to organising my Ranger for PvP and go into some GvG or Tombs battles with them.

gokufusionss1
07-20-2005, 10:30 AM
underworld is annoying in it's strength though.

Leene
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
:save:I play Guild Wars...i am an elementalist/Necromancer.:save:

Captain Maxx Power
07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I've got me a Level 20 Ascended W/Mo (needs the very last mission), a Level 9 R/N (Minioncentric! Gimme more I say!) and a recently started Level 1 E/Me (Basically my power character, the 101 on how to blat your enemies with more damage than is necessary).

Lindy
07-20-2005, 12:07 PM
underworld is annoying in it's strength though.
I have one answer for you.

Trapper Rangers.

Nothing is better than taking a team of 8 Rangers, laying some traps and watch enemies disintegrate as they hit them.

Of course, a monk can solo most of it, and two monks can do the whole thing by themselves.

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
oooh, i heard the pvp is based more on skill and team work then level and equipment.

is this true.

Lindy
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Very true.

The max level is 20, and you only have 8 skills, and the best armour everyone can get easily anyway, so you have to synchronise yourself with your team to work most efficiently.

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 06:19 PM
The max level is 20, and you only have 8 skills, and the best armour everyone can get easily anyway, so you have to synchronise yourself with your team to work most efficiently.
Damn, I wish that was true of the missions. I've been in groups where people volunteered me for monk duty. My heal spells are crap and I'm healing people four levels higher than me.

Lindy
07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Hsu, where are you up to in missions?

I could give you a hand sometime, if you leave yer in game name, maybe I can give you a bell in game, you might even around the point where some of my mid-game characters are XD

And yeah, E/Mo's shouldn't really be relied on for healing, since the best healing comes from the Divine Favour on monks, mine heals X + 29 with every spell, stuff like Heal Other pumps out 132 HP with 10 Healing, very snazzy.

Shoeberto
07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm up to The Wilds. I haven't played much recently, but my character's name is Shoeberto Ramirez.

escobert
07-21-2005, 07:02 AM
I have it but just got the internet back the other day. It's also at my dads but, I'm going to get it tomorrow form there. I've been waiting for this day for a lot of months now.

Shlup
07-21-2005, 07:47 AM
I mostly play a N/Me18, and I like the combo. I started an E/R the other day and she's been fun to play with. I just finished playing it, actually. I stopped 'cause the group I did the last mission with got on my last nerve.

Markus. D
07-21-2005, 03:31 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww................ please say you can lvl higher then lvl 20

BIG MASSIVE AWWWWWW.....

Shoeberto
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Levels cap at 20, but you still gain skill points. You can also reassign skill points if you dumped them into something you end up not using or liking, though you have a limited amount of points you can do that with.

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 03:29 AM
awwww, such a shame, i expected level 100+ from a game like this, no matter :)

escobert
07-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Maybe later in expansions it'll go up. Just started my character today. Warrior. Fun so far. :D

escobert
08-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Ok, I have a lvl 9 N/W hanging out in Piken square doing quests. If anyone wants to play with me PM me.

Markus. D
08-10-2005, 03:52 AM
I put my saving up for this game off.

but ive decided to put it on again.

Shlup
08-10-2005, 04:34 AM
Even after you get to level 20 there's a lot to do. For one, you have to ascend to unlock a lot of areas, which is really hard to do and will take you a good while. There's also special armors, and you have to play a lot to get certain things like elite skills. I've been 20 for a few weeks now and am not even close to wondering what to do next.

escobert
08-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Then come give me money lolz

Omni-Slash Master
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I need some help! i'm thinking about buying guild wars so i'll ask you guys first....is it worth it?

escobert
08-10-2005, 05:33 PM
yes.

Markus. D
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
after hearing some stuff you can do after level twenty m money is slowly gathering again.