PDA

View Full Version : Worst Villian

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 02:33 AM
I've seen a lot of threads saying "Who is the best villian" So I was wondering who people thought was the best villian.

P.S. If you thought Vormav/Delita was the worst villian, vote for St. Ajora.

rubah
07-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Worst as in 'most destructive' or worst as in 'hahaha they suck?'

I'll assume it's the latter.

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Worst as in 'most destructive' or worst as in 'hahaha they suck?'

I'll assume it's the latter.

The "hahaha they suck option. I was thinking about that right after I wrote it that people may think of it as "most destructive". Sorry for not being completely clear on that.

Rengori
07-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Seymore sucks.

Snap Jumper
07-20-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm going with the lame Emperor battle from 2. The battle took me 30 seconds with the Blood Swords, and I never came close to death. At least Zeromus was a challenge.

abrojtm
07-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Where are Zande/Dark Cloud?

But worst as in didn't do a very villian job? I'll pick whichever one caused little/no destruction whatsoever then...Seymore, did he do much besides kill his dad and a few other people?

It's funny that you put FFIV's villian as Ze(ro)mus, but you don't list FFIX's villian as Necron. They are both pretty much out-of-nowhere and nonexplained.

Buccura
07-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Seymour for me. He annoyed the hell out of me, and to me didn't have the evil flare to make up for it.

But thats just me.

kikimm
07-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Ultimecia. LAME. I love that game to death, but it would have been even cooler if she was introduced earlier.

That said, I'm not sure if that would have worked, even, so it's cool. But she's still the worst, out of all the villains. In my humble opinion.

:D

Captain Maxx Power
07-20-2005, 11:56 AM
You're missing Dark Cloud :mad:

Midnight Garnet
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
seymour...he was just annoying :mad2:

Prancing Mad
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Necron would have been my vote, 'cause Kuja was amazing. But I mean X-Death? You know as soon as you see that name (which is just awful) that he's the baddy. I just can't get past the name. BTW if you believe in Rinoa being Ultimecia, than Ultimecia is the best bad uhh girl ever. FF8 is also the darkest if you're into those theories.

TheSpoonyBard
07-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Necron and Ultimecia. Someone should really have explained why they were there and where they came from. Having said that, not knowing where they came from didn't stop me from beating them into the ground.

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Where are Zande/Dark Cloud?

I assume thats the villian from FFIII. It only game out in Japan, and since I live in the U.S., I've never played it.

It's funny that you put FFIV's villian as Ze(ro)mus, but you don't list FFIX's villian as Necron. They are both pretty much out-of-nowhere and nonexplained.

Even though Necron was the final battle, he wasn't really the one controlling everything. Kuja was. But Zeromus was controlling Golbez from the beginnig, so that make him the real main villian.

Necron and Ultimecia. Someone should really have explained why they were there and where they came from.

Necrons not really explained, but I could have sworn Ultimecia was. Its been awhile since I played the game so maybe I wrong, but I thought she had been fairly well explained.

ZuZu
07-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Ultimecia. She came to the picture too late and there was big question mark in the air that who she is...
I know that she hates Seed :rolleyes2

Cruise Control
07-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Kefka, if hedieger was a villian, his name would be there too.

Hinky the Pickle
07-20-2005, 07:27 PM
You also forgot Shuyin from FFX-2 who is, by far, the worst villian ever. Honestly, he was way too easy to beat. In fact, FFX-2 in general was very easy to beat.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Ultimecia. For making me beat her four times before she finally curled up and died :mad2:

Sephitachi7
07-21-2005, 12:24 AM
This is to no one in particular because I don't know who did, but in my opinion whoever voted Sephiroth as the worst villain ever is an idiot. There, it has been said.

Aphelion
07-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Seph, although Seymour Guado is a nice villain (controversy?).

Oh, I chose him because he totally sucks, not because he is cool...

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I vote for the frozen corpse stuck inside the great crater.

rubah
07-21-2005, 02:56 AM
This is to no one in particular because I don't know who did, but in my opinion whoever voted Sephiroth as the worst villain ever is an idiot. There, it has been said.

He was boring. I hated how you had to spend the entire game chasing him down. At least Seymour had some dialog with the gang, and Edea gave us her parade. Kefka was really good at this:D And kuja would play with you like a cat xD

Sephiroth was morel ike 'oh, there's dudes in black capes, they might be going this direction. . Hey, let's follow him!

Fireblade13
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Ultimecia. For making me beat her four times before she finally curled up and died :mad2:
Same with Seymour. What a evil little guy who instead of being a bad guy was trying to kill the bad guy so that he was the bad guy. And can he stop hiding behind his mother, Mortibodies, and Sin! He is a coward.
Li Grim though was pretty bad because she dressed up like the guys mom.[Insert your Momma in random bad puns for this one]. Plus either she used some mega mass murder move or she just stands there until she can slice you in the back!

Lord Chainsaw
07-22-2005, 03:21 AM
Same with Seymour. What a evil little guy who instead of being a bad guy was trying to kill the bad guy so that he was the bad guy. And can he stop hiding behind his mother, Mortibodies, and Sin! He is a coward.

Exactly! You've got him down to a tee. Beautiful villain, isn't he?

I'll be quite honest when I say the villain is one of the main things I look for in the game, and in any story whatsoever. I've studied villains and plotlines for a very long time, and there's certain types that I think go unnappreciated or overlooked.

FFX Spoilers. Lots of them. I'm not going to use a tag. Too long.

Seymour I see gets a lot of undeserved criticism. First is the voice. A lot of people have a problem with the way Alex Fernandez decided to swing on this one. Personally I think the voice is brilliant. It is cold, and calculating, the perfect match for Seymour. He has a very reserved and premeditated personality, and you can notice through the voicework in the game that Seymour generally does not lose his cool. In certain instances, you realize exactly what a psychotic genius he is when he tries in vain to surpress a sadistic outburst of his voice to maintain his air of control. "Your hope ends here, and your meaningless existence with it!" "You should thank me, your death means your father's life!" etc.

I don't know what other people look for in a villain, but I can only assume it's a sort of omnipotent, DBZ type of demigod that can make stars explode. We imagine a badass, tough, physically powerful, too-cool-for-school alpha male that just wants to cause havoc. I'm sorry but Seymour doesn't deliver there. Sometimes the cool villains are the weak ones. Sometimes they're villainous just for the hell of it, but sometimes they're villainous because they're weak. Let's take a look at Seymour. He is a spoiled child that has always gotten what he wants. His mother sacrificed her own life to give him more power. He has always been a weak child, and has relied on other people to do things for him and give him what he wants. That's what he has come to expect. After a certain point the human mind will adapt. Seymour developed a complete lack of empathy and views every sceneraio and situation as a means to benefit his egocentric self.

But backstory is simply backstory. Let's look at his actions. First of all I love the way Square decided to straight up tell you this guy was bad. There's no smoke and mirrors. From the moment you see his face in Luca, you know this man will be causing problems for you later in the game. It's a beautiful thing to know something the characters in the game don't know yet, and it gives the first time player a chance to appreciate the villainous aspects of Seymour before he officially "turns", while he's still making his moves for the good side.

You've got your hijacking of the damsel in distress. Although personally I can't stand Yuna, I admire that aspect of Seymour for his decision not only to steal away the main heroine from the hero, but to wed her nonetheless. Mostly in the underdeveloped videogames, you'll get your damsel captured for no apparent reason other than to give the hero something to go on a quest for, and I believe that's why this type of plot often gets a bad rap. Seymour manages to bring a new level of conflict to the game by doing this for a reason that actually holds water. No longer is this merely the villain who's been doing evil deeds just for the sake of it. This is now the villain who has personally snatched the person closest to Tidus, and married her for an even grander scheme nonetheless. Obviously this doesn't seem that bad because as a character, Tidus handles the situation a bit differently than how your more traditional hero would handle it. Tidus is a little less testastorone pumped, so we don't see this Rambo type of drive come out of him. More important to the ineffectiveness of the situation: we also don't give the knowledge of Yuna's plight time to develop before Tidus goes in and rescues her, which is a shame because Square Enix missed out on a great opportunity to elevate the conflict a bit more had they left Via Purifico and Evrae Atlanta for before the rescue. Hell I could have gone for airship view of wedding proceedings, dungeon, climatic wedding meeting, cloister, long ass bridge, Natus battle.

Then we have the Ronso genocide. Personally, I don't agree with this act too much. I feel it was simply thrown in there because people can't stand these calculating reserved villains who have a goal in mind and don't want to screw everything up by killing everything they see. While this is a genuine side of Seymour, I don't feel that in his current state he would have had the courage to make such a daring attack on the Ronso. Yes, he is an invincible eidolon, but the after effects of such a massive attack on people's awareness could have made things a lot harder for him. We do learn that Seymour is sadistic, and wants to kill, but what makes him such a great villain is that he can prioritize. Yes he wants to destroy, but he can't do that unless he becomes Sin. Again, while the destruction of the Ronso is the true nature of his character, I don't think that as smart as he is, he would have gone ahead and made a daring move like that had not the storywriters want to demonstrate how destructive he could be. This move doesn't agree with his character.

What turns a lot of people away from him in addition is his persistence. They consider him one of those Fox Kids villains who'll keep trying and trying until he finally succeeds. But the fact that he gets in so many opportunities and shots at the party is in itself extremely ingenius. Let's analyze:

Seymour is a spoiled child that thinks the world revovles around him. You stand in his way at Macalania Temple. You kick his ass. His world comes crashing down, because now, not only is he not the center of the universe, but there's actually people out there who are better than him at something. He's smart enough not to tangle with you anymore until he becomes an eidolon. Now he realizes he can't die, so he can get as many shots in on you as he wants with no consequences. Seymour is a villain that plays it safe. He's a yellow bellied coward. He's the type that won't give you a fair fight.

I'm very pleased to see such a developed villain as Seymour. There's a lot of in depth analyzation that has to be done to some of these guys to see who they really are, but the goods are there. My personal favorite FF villains are Kuja, Seymour and Algus. As far as the villain I dislike most, I'm going to give it to Sin/Yu Yevon. Anyone before Kefka can't be faulted due to the archaic syndrome so it rules them all out. Ultimecia is okay, but gets a lot of points for her castle. Yu Yevon... I just can't see it.

Rengori
07-22-2005, 04:04 AM
You can highlight it and then use spoiler tags.

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 04:24 AM
stupid seymour!!!!

Alexander
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Ex-Death was idiot, and he had no real reaosn to be a villain. He is even worse than Ultimecia.

omnitarian
07-22-2005, 09:13 PM
The Emperor. He's all, "hay guyz i'm gonna take over the world" and everyone else is all, "pfft" and then the emperor is like, "wtf now i'm satan".

Pretty lame. :-/

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2005, 11:58 AM
i was going to vote for ms"i kant spell korrectly"but then i realised how much sin sucks. jecht is okay but sin licks...im not gonna finish that sentence.

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
The Emperor. He's all, "hay guyz i'm gonna take over the world" and everyone else is all, "pfft" and then the emperor is like, "wtf now i'm satan".

Pretty lame. :-/

I can only Assume u mean Ghestal From 6. However that would be a good idea for actual text in future final fantasy Games.

Back to the subject, i said yu yevon. Here is my theory on why he is doing this.

"I summon Bahamut!" Yu Yevon
"WHat is it now?" asked bahamut
"I am out of soda, fetch me some!"
"Pussy"
"What?"
"Can't do anything yourself, i bet you would be a week aeon anyway,"
"Oh yeah, ill show u"
"Your human, you can only be fayth, you can't be an Aeon,"
"Tell you what, If i can become an Aeon, You owe me a five hundred gil, if i can't, ill give you full mocking rights,"
"Deal."

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Never mind the Emporer coment on my erlier on, ive never actually played ff2

Del Murder
07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Zemus/zeromus was kind of dumb. I was having a good time hating Golbez and he had to ruin it.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:37 PM
who?

rubah
11-19-2005, 10:59 PM
The guy from ff4. And oh, this thread had been having a good nap. Let's let it go back to sleep.