PDA

View Full Version : SHould they make a pokemon onlien?

Burtuc
07-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Whatdo you guys think? I think it would be pretty cool.

XxSephirothxX
07-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Well, since I'm not a Pokemon fan, I'd say no. But I like seeing Nintendo profit, so, in that regard, yes.

Hawkeye
07-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Nintendo is kiddie.

kikimm
07-20-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm exactly a fan of either Pokemon OR online games, so I say no. Pokemon interest seems to have died down a lot anyways, so I don't see much growth, there.

But I could be wrong.

:D

Necronopticous
07-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Hmm, nah. But they should make a new Pokémon snap game that is free-roaming 3D.

zorander
07-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, there is an online pokemon game of sorts, I downloaded it a while ago, got bored with it and deleted it. Basicaly, you can choose any 6 pokemon, decide how to spread out their stats points that makes up their attributes such as ATT, DEF, SPD and so on, you would then choose various settings and go into a sort of chat room where popple can challenge you to a pokemon battle very similar to the pokemon gameboy games. You have a record of wins losses and draws. You can have as many teams as you like but each "Battle room" has it's own rules such as "No uber pokemon" such as mewtwo or lugia.

Meat Puppet
07-20-2005, 09:21 AM
they have online poker, might as well go for pokémon just to hit both ends of the spectrum.

Black Mage
07-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Well, there is an online pokemon game of sorts, I downloaded it a while ago, got bored with it and deleted it. Basicaly, you can choose any 6 pokemon, decide how to spread out their stats points that makes up their attributes such as ATT, DEF, SPD and so on, you would then choose various settings and go into a sort of chat room where popple can challenge you to a pokemon battle very similar to the pokemon gameboy games. You have a record of wins losses and draws. You can have as many teams as you like but each "Battle room" has it's own rules such as "No uber pokemon" such as mewtwo or lugia.

It's called Net Battle.

If they made a Pokémon MMORPG, I'd be sold. That's really the only "online" Pokémon game I could see myself buying, but if it was done well I'm sure I'd be playing it forever.

MoonZapdos
07-20-2005, 08:30 PM
I think they should. :D

Buccura
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Hell yes. The Pokemon franchise has been dying for an MMORPG based on it. I personally think something like that is inevitable.

Buccura
07-20-2005, 10:23 PM

I would actually love that. I personally enjoyed Pokemon snap.

Rye
07-20-2005, 10:31 PM

Yes!

Psychotic
07-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Hmm, nah. But they should make a new Pokémon snap game that is free-roaming 3D.I. Love. You. :love:

StarlightAngel
07-20-2005, 10:43 PM
If they made a Pokémon MMORPG, I'd be sold. That's really the only "online" Pokémon game I could see myself buying, but if it was done well I'm sure I'd be playing it forever.

Probably me too ^^;

lordblazer
07-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Whatdo you guys think? I think it would be pretty cool.
a guy named mike zero on the net tried to make one he ripped the graphics from graalonline and got sued lol.

Lord Xehanort
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM

Damn straight! I'd love to show my skills off to the world!

Lindy
07-21-2005, 01:09 AM
There was a web-based pokemon RPG, I used to play it, but the link is on my desky, not lappy, whoops so I think I lost it.

Basically, there is one, just I forget where it is.

Sephiroths Clone
07-21-2005, 02:31 AM
I read somewhere...i think it was ign that nintendo is makin one. It will be for the nintendo Revolution though

Fireblade13
07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
God has smiled on the day Pokemon goes net. You can set up your own challange text and win text and lose text... and have different worlds so it doesn,t get crowded. Please Nintendo colluisium flop but being able to battle and maybe even team up for double battles. And create your own trainer sig. (Pray)

KuRt
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
My god, NO!!

Pure Strife
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I think if it was done well and they really put some effort into it a pokemon MMORPG would be a blast. Travel all over a huge world, catch the little bastards, then go to stadiums to battle with others. Not to mention all the cool diversions and sidequests they could put into that sort of thing.

Cruise Control
07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Pokemon was the Roxorz, and it still is, the games are simple and fun.

Ryth
07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Thats what I've always wanted. It would be so cool :D

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 03:51 AM
i would like it if you actually had to think to play.

have a party of 4 pokemon batlling at once.

only then would i play it.

Kakashi509
07-22-2005, 03:56 AM
It would be interesting

Person1: God you kill all my pokemon you mother****er
Person2:don't call me that you s*** head
Person3: lets our pokemon cyber
all agree and the pokemon cyber...

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2005, 11:47 AM
it couldnt hurt to do it but i wouldnt be interested.(unless im realy bored.)

Lord Xehanort
07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
WARNING!!! BEST IDEA EVER!!!

Have players of the game enlist in different clans, and have one of those clans be TEAM ROCKET! I would be in Team Rocket and show the world that Rocket operatives are not all transvestites, narcississts, and morons!

KentaRawr!
07-24-2005, 04:10 PM
It seems like a cool idea. If it was an MMORPG, it would fit right into the Pokemon Series.

Walk around, and when you see another trainer, you ask them if they want to battle. Sure, in the rest of the Pokemon games you don't have a choice, but oh well.

Now, if it was required to think more, then it would be great.

Though, I am not much of a Pokemon fan anymore.

Black Mage
07-24-2005, 06:35 PM
WARNING!!! BEST IDEA EVER!!!

Have players of the game enlist in different clans, and have one of those clans be TEAM ROCKET! I would be in Team Rocket and show the world that Rocket operatives are not all transvestites, narcississts, and morons!

Oh man, wouldn't it be great to get your status up so high that you could become a member of the Elite Four? At that point, you would have to go out and stop the Rocket Gang from, uh, doing stuff. I didn't think about this in too much depth, but think Gold/Silver/Crystal where you meet Lance. I think the Pokémon Universe, as lame and childish as some of the nay-sayers might think it is, caters wonderfully to the MMORPG setting. If only.

Princess_Yuna
07-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah it would have fun!