PDA

View Full Version : 300+ hours of gameplay?

LifeAsABullet
07-20-2005, 05:39 AM
And I know that's a crazy title for a post, but now that I think about it, probably about 200 ACTUAL hours of playing were probably amoung this..now the thing is..I followed the whole walkthrough and I wanted everything to be perfect for perfect ending but realistically, did anyone beat the game under like..let's see..100 hours with the perfect ending? I guess the real question of this post is how long did it take for YOU to achieve the perfect ending? :D

Khaotic
07-20-2005, 05:50 AM
110 hours.

Bomber
07-20-2005, 06:55 AM
I've played the game 4 times now, and I think I've racked up at least 270 hours. Do the math...

Squall of SeeD
07-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I finished the whole game with the Perfect Ending in about 70-80 hours. Using the official strategy guide and accounting for where it was wrong, accomplishing this task wasn't that difficult. The only particularly hard part was taking out Trema.

The Anarchy Angel
07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Nooo, Trema!! *hides* and i'm still playing it through, about to start third replay with oh *looks at screen* 57 hours....crap

MoonZapdos
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Dunno, i still have to clear the game 100% by siding with the Youth League.

Xalibar
07-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I finished the whole game with the Perfect Ending in about 70-80 hours. Using the official strategy guide and accounting for where it was wrong, accomplishing this task wasn't that difficult. The only particularly hard part was taking out Trema.

Where was the guide wrong? How did you know it was wrong?

Cruise Control
07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
350, all but perfect, I got it but still havent gotten into the den of woe.

LifeAsABullet
07-22-2005, 04:19 AM

Throughout some parts of the guide, there were errors that was put into it, but real simple ones..I don't remember what exactly but I know when I was playing and using it to accomplish to get the perfect ending, I had to re do it and look online for the ACTUAL help since the guide was about sh!t..and now that I think of it, it was all the sphere locations that was listed wrong, you had to watch some of them more than once and the book had that wrong..

Xalibar
07-22-2005, 08:22 PM
oh. I got 99% on my first way through using the guide so i guess it doesn't matter that much.

Squall of SeeD
07-22-2005, 08:55 PM

A couple of key points:

1) During the mission in the Mi'hen Highroad where you catch the Chocobo, the Guide speaks as though the Chocobo will always jump over Rikku's head and proceed to the first screen of the area. It doesn't even mention that you have to intentionally miss the bird after it gets worn down and let it jump over Rikku by missing it when it's running toward her. It even talks in a way that encourages you not to let it get past.

2) Again with Chocobos, when trying to unlock the area beneath Clasko's Chocobo Ranch, the guide speaks only of sending out three Chocobos. You have to send out four.

Dreddz
07-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I didnt really do squat with this game. I beat it, then trained to beat Trema. Then just got the normal ending.....meh

LifeAsABullet
07-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Trema was a breeze with the catnip :D

Shinobi
07-23-2005, 11:21 AM
I got the 100% completion without beating trema, i diddnt even enter the 100 dungeon when I was aiming for the perfect ending.