PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sephiroth cool?

Greeneyes
07-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Just curious, a lot of folks think that Sephiroth, despite being the bad guy, is considered cool. I'm just curious why people believe this is so.

Is it because of his looks, characteristics, etc?

Sin Magnum
07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
my reasons:

reason 1: he looks awesome.
reason 2: his masamune.
reason 3: his power.

Kakashi509
07-21-2005, 04:47 AM
It's just like how people like Alucard of hellSing it's because of his additude

Sepho
07-21-2005, 06:36 AM
He's purty.

He's tall, slim, sports a long, shiny silver mop, carries an even longer sword, and shows off a sexy black outfit.

That, and his will to bring divine justice unto the planet, motivated by the development of disgust he has for just about anything un-Cetra (he really thinks he's the good guy here), is often mistaken for him being evil.

It could be the name, too. Has sort of a ring to it.

Archangel10
07-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Sephiroth is cold, heartless and powerful all beyond compare. He doesn't care about the hero's or anything else but doing what he set out to do. Humans were just ants, a nuisence to be ignored and trampled beneath his feet. That and he walks through fire for gods sake.

boys from the dwarf
07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
sephiroth is a well calculated bad guy with insane power and a deadly plan.even when he was alive he was almost unstoppable.when he is revived he has insane strength and pure evil.if you looked up evil in the dictionary thered be a ... well, a description of what it means but there should be a picture of sephiroth there because hes evil

Reles
07-21-2005, 10:06 AM
He appears to be somewhat god-like, so I'd have to say his power is the main thing that makes him likeable. Also, there was a period in the game when most kids looked up to him, such as Cloud, but also because of his enchanting beauty. In all of the scenes he seemed to make this eerie atmosphere, with the dark music, and pulsing, and his insanity, you couldn't even seem to compromise, or speak with him, because he didn't ever care to listen. He had motivation for what he did and because of it, he was in his own little world.

Dreddz
07-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I never thought he was cool
I just fancied him

ZuZu
07-21-2005, 10:58 AM
- he is calm
- masamune
- long blond hair
- amazing power
- oh, his evil eyes :love:

Destai
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Fanboys pick up on long white haired badguys easily enough.

Winter Nights
07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I just find him GORGEOUS to look at. Sephy's a hottie. Specially in AC.

Heath
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
...Sephiroth is cool?

Sorry, I've just never been a fan of 'im.

LunaticPandora37
07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
He's purty.

He's tall, slim, sports a long, shiny silver mop, carries an even longer sword, and shows off a sexy black outfit.

That, and his will to bring divine justice unto the planet, motivated by the development of disgust he has for just about anything un-Cetra (he really thinks he's the good guy here), is often mistaken for him being evil.

i'll go with that one!!! plus...he has not three...not two...but one wing...he flys lop-sided...he's a real ladies man...i'm jealous now... :mad:

XenoSphere
07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I always questioned why so many people thought he was so cool. I don't find him cool at all, he looks horrible in Advent Children.

boys from the dwarf
07-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I always questioned why so many people thought he was so cool. I don't find him cool at all, he looks horrible in Advent Children.
for the comment on advent children :up: :thumb: :up: :thumb: but for not liking sephiroth :twak: .

Crop
07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah i agree he looks stupid in Advent Children. I think he is cool but I think Rufus is cooler. :cool:

ThroneofDravaris
07-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Because he killed Aeris, as antagonists don’t usually get the chance to kill the main playable characters.

Cruise Control
07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
HES NOT! Just Kidding, it's cause hes badass and his sword is flippin awesome, and I like the black ya know

kalaspappa
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Because of his ridiciously super awesome theme music, of course.
Like the rest of Final Fantasy VII.

Maxico
07-22-2005, 06:43 PM
EXPOSED CHEST! RAWR!

Christmas
07-22-2005, 06:49 PM
1: Awesome eyes
2: Awesome hair
3: Awesome sword
4: Awesome clothes
5: Awesome theme song
6: Awesome son (in a sense that he is very fillal talking about mama here and there) :D

So me think he is awesome.

CloudStrife48
07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
If you were to play a Final Fantasy game and someone named "Sephiroth" started speaking... instantly you'd think of someone who's incredibly powerful.

Like in Kingdom Hearts, when Sephiroth appeared in that Arena. I was thinking "Oh sh*t! I'm going to die!" And I did for the first 5 times... after that... I finally nailed the sucker... ;) but he was tough nonetheless! A worthy opponent. :)

Ohhh
07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I never thought he was cool
I just fancied him
haha! that made me giggle! XD
i think sephiroths cool because, in my opinion, he is the baddest badass outta the whole ff series :D

fantasyjunkie
07-23-2005, 10:12 AM
He's purty.

Ditto for me

Kappy
07-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Fire. FIRE. HE WALKS THROUGH FIRE DAMMIT

NeoTifa
07-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah i agree he looks stupid in Advent Children. I think he is cool but I think Rufus is cooler. :cool:

Because he killed Aeris, as antagonists don’t usually get the chance to kill the main playable characters.

totally agree w/ both of ya

i think he looks stupid in ac too but rufus is okay. he reminds me slightly of draco malfoy. hed be cool if he wasnt such a prissy bitch. hes always fooling w/ his hair.

anyways, back to the main topic. i love sephiroth because hes so ... i dont know... cool! just the way he walks, talks, fights, kills aeris!!!!!!, beats up cloud, wears the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif outta that outfit, has pretty hair, has the aura of evil, death, and destruction, etc. i wanna be just like him!!!!!!!!!!!!! hes my hero. and when i saw him in kh, i was like "omfg! sweet! ahhhhh hes chasing me!!!!!!!!!!!!" i still cant beat him ;_; i dont know if its because i dont want to kill him or a just cant! probably both. i just cant kill my hero!

sugar fairy
07-25-2005, 03:57 AM
he looks really cool, has an sweet sword, and has a really cool aditude

Fonzie
07-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Because he just is. He kicked a bunch of ass in the game.

Shoeberto
07-25-2005, 05:20 AM
He's got a very Japanese hairstyle and is cold as ice. Just like every angsty twelve-year-old fanboy wants to be.

Now I'm going to go back to grumbling like the grouchy old man I am.

Slade
07-25-2005, 05:33 AM
...Sephiroth is cool?

Heheh....i like that :D

Greeneyes
07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Hmmm....very interesting replies, folks.

It seems to me that people tend to like the badboys more than they like the good guys. Or rather the badboys with a slight tinge of goodness.

I noticed a similar phenomena with the Star Wars series with many folks rootin' for Darth Vader. Same as for Mal, the badboy captain from the Firefly series. Ditto Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry who plays by his own rules.

Actually, even in real life, there seems to be a parallel; the badboy Alpha male gets all the adoration.

Question is, how do we become that 'badboy' without really being bad? ie, how do we become a Sephiroth without all that killin' & hurtin'? :cool:

Kakashi509
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
well to answer your question it won't work the only solution is violence. Sephiroth would suck without hair...

liamo
07-26-2005, 02:14 PM
cause he has a big freaking sword and really cool dark clothes and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife

blackchocobo9999
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Sephiroth isnt all that bad, but he is cool and my favorite character, he did Cloud and the party a good deed, which was killing off Aeris, because i think the Party was getting annoyed by Aeris :D

rubah
07-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Just curious, a lot of folks think that Sephiroth, despite being the bad guy, is considered cool.

I was wondering that myself.

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 04:47 PM
i think he is! and nobody can be as bad as sephiroth

thw waxing moon
07-27-2005, 07:35 PM
i think that deep down most not all pepel think that the rest of the woler is point less (as i do apart for one of two pepel) and sephiroth is in no way shy about this

Fonzie
07-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Maybe hes cool because he's retarded because he should find more facts the asuming that Jenova is his mother.

KuRt
07-27-2005, 11:47 PM
His theme song

Estuans interius, ira vehementi...

liamo
07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
walk through flames in dark clothes and hope your hair doesn't catch fire so you run around screaming seems a good way to me

silverpigeon97
07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
hes big, hes strong, he wears a balck cloak and hes got a fukass sword. I mean what is there not to like. Besides everyone secretly likes the bad guy. i mean who wasnt rooting for arnie in terminator?

true_bacon22
07-28-2005, 08:16 PM
sephiroth is the best cuz hes the most evillist evil guy in all ff all the other main enemies either look like a night or a clown(seriously) (ff6 kefka-clown,ff9 kuja-clown,ff5 exdeath-knight,ff10 seymour eh seymour was kinda cool but hes n/a,ff8 ultcemia-clown,ff1 garland-knight,ff2 emperor looks like both depends on what form,f3-im going to geuss he looks liek a clown since i cant seem to get to end of the game cuz my computer is gay, so hes so diffrent from the other ones plus he has a cool ass sword cool armour and bes of all he killed aeris

spartancode117
07-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Sephiroth isnt "hot". Tifa is! :joey: :joey: :joey: :joey: :joey:

iluvtetsuya
07-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Sephy!!!!!!!!!!!!!my role-model!my love! my idol! he's so awesomely evil i don't even need to explain!

mayb a little.....that theme song!that darn cool outfit!that long sharp blade! it just makes me want to hug him.... :love:

Kakashi509
07-29-2005, 03:07 AM
fanfics are fun when me,sephy and a bed star in them

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 03:36 AM
...Sephiroth is cool?

Heheh....i like that :D

Me either, really. I just don't see why people like him. :\

I don't DISlike him, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not a fan. :)

Cruise Control
07-29-2005, 04:14 AM
I want a theme song! Especially if its awesome when orchestrated.

NexusStripe
07-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Ahhhh, yes, Sephiroth. HE is cool indeed. 5 reasons.

1.He killed Aeris.
2.Masamune is cool, and frog has it in Chrono Trigger. :D
3.He impaled a Midgar Zolom.
4.He destroyed shinra.
5.He killed Aeris.

God dammit, it took me forever to get greatgospel, but of course Aeris is dead. Hahaha.... :mad2:

Silver Valentines
07-30-2005, 03:21 AM
1. Silver Hair
2. Long Sword
3. 'Bad Guy'
4. Black Outfit
5. Cool Eyes
6. Cold and Uncaring
7. One Winged Angel
8. Killed a Main Charcter
9. Evil Laugh
10. HE WALKS THROUGH FIRE!!!!! CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY THATS NOT COOL?!

Lady Seifer
07-30-2005, 03:55 AM
1. Silver Hair
2. Long Sword
3. 'Bad Guy'
4. Black Outfit
5. Cool Eyes
6. Cold and Uncaring
7. One Winged Angel
9. Evil Laugh

You forgot something Silver ...AN AMAZING SOUNDTRACK WITH THE LYRICS OF CARL ORFF!!! :love:

Silver Valentines
07-30-2005, 04:07 AM
wow, true true Lady Seifer! how could I forget?! thats number 11 then!

Mercen-X
07-30-2005, 07:32 AM
He's purty.

For some reason though, I prefer to call him Zephyr.

Juin (striding cloud) and foe Fung (whispering wind). Cloud vs. Zephyr.

Strawberry_Mew
08-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Because he just is :love:

Rikku X-2
08-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah he is, but I would be to scared to meet him he might kill me if I

even say hi to him.....

:(

Roxula
08-03-2005, 03:06 AM
I don't get why people like sephiroth I personally think he sucks since he had no feelings what so ever and only cared about himself

G SpOtZ
08-03-2005, 03:13 AM
hmmm....i think what makes him freakin amazing is just him as a person, not taking anything out. if u changed his personality, then he'd still look cool but wouldn't be as cool as people think of him now. and if u take away his looks then his badassness just wouldn't match up and wouldn't be considered as an awesome character. so basically, it's everything about him put together. like one big puzzle. each piece does it's job and finishes the coolness :cool:

silentravenbl
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Seph is cool because of his long ass sword and his skill in the beginning of the game and how he awaken jenova

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 11:33 AM
he was rated the best and coolest main bad guy in any game, that was in a playstation mag i had... and doc ronotnic was third.. he he

Shoden
08-11-2005, 05:22 PM
1:he has a big long sword
2: he's uber
3: because no one else but Cloud opposes him and lives
4: he's a pimp

Maxico
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
4: he's a pimp

Unlike Bartz.

Shoden
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
yeah

Aidan
08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
i know why:

he isnt cool.

Shoden
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
heathen! infidel! thou have sinned!

anyway he's cooler than you

but Cloud is Cool-er

Aidan
08-11-2005, 07:25 PM
anyway he's cooler than you

im afraid not

iluvtetsuya
08-13-2005, 03:27 AM
let's just settle this!
Sephiroth is bestest baddest villian ever!!!!!!!!and that is why i luv tetsuya nomura!

sephiroth the dark angel
08-13-2005, 11:55 AM
1. Silver Hair
2. Long Sword
3. 'Bad Guy'
4. Black Outfit
5. Cool Eyes
6. Cold and Uncaring
7. One Winged Angel
9. Evil Laugh

same here

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 10:42 PM
i dunno HOW he did this, but after you go through the midgar zolem marshes for the first time, you see a midgar zolem stabbed and wrapped around like a giant stick/tree or something. i mean midgar zolem is easy later in the game, but how do u make it THAT intense? geeeeez....

Erdrick Holmes
08-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Kefka's better....

iluvtetsuya
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
im just trying to keep this thread going now... Sephiroth is cool , he makes me want to drool

poem of Sephy

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 03:00 AM
im just trying to keep this thread going now... Sephiroth is cool , he makes me want to drool

poem of Sephy

i'm gonna continue that poem.
sephiroth is cool, he makes me want to drool,
and if you don't like him, you must be a fool.

everybody add an extra line to the poem! ( and just one line per person plz XD)

Slade
08-14-2005, 07:04 AM
sephiroth is cool, he makes me want to drool,
and if you don't like him, you must be a fool.

But not as bigger fool
As the people who think hes cool

heheheh i killed the poem! :D

ultima88
08-14-2005, 08:10 AM
personally, i just wonder where the other zolem comes from, and all the others after you've killed it a zillion times. andddd......
is there anybody who you can think of from any final fantasy (or anyother game for that matter) who could beat good ol' sephy in a fight

Takara
08-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Seeing that most of the time you see Sephiroth in game it's actually a Jenova part disguised as Sephiroth, I refuse to believe it was the real Sephiroth who killed the Midgar Zolom. :rolleyes2

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 09:01 PM
i dunno HOW he did this, but after you go through the midgar zolem marshes for the first time, you see a midgar zolem stabbed and wrapped around like a giant stick/tree or something. i mean midgar zolem is easy later in the game, but how do u make it THAT intense? geeeeez....

personally, i just wonder where the other zolem comes from, and all the others after you've killed it a zillion times. andddd......
is there anybody who you can think of from any final fantasy (or anyother game for that matter) who could beat good ol' sephy in a fight ?
hmmm....tidus is a wimp, so not him.... squall wears leather with too many belts and a feather collar, so not him.... zidane is small with a big head, so not him... QUINA FROM FFIX! yeah definitely, she'd eat him up and gain the supernova blue magic. woooot.

Shoden
08-14-2005, 09:12 PM
quina has no gender well it's uncertain so lets call he/she it

sephiroths uber cool long pointy stick is cool

ultima88
08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
is there anybody who you can think of from any final fantasy (or anyother game for that matter) who could beat good ol' sephy in a fight ?

actually come to think about it, im sure fat chocobo would be a good match against him, and if not i think it would be funny to see fat choco get skewered :p

Cruise Control
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Because he killed AERIS!!!!!!!! He is now my personal hero.

Ohhh
08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
because he the only one who can kill zolem without it going red and disappearing YEAAAAH!!

Cloud No.9
08-15-2005, 12:11 AM
he had that effortless awe about him. like he floated or something.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 06:31 AM

actually come to think about it, im sure fat chocobo would be a good match against him, and if not i think it would be funny to see fat choco get skewered :p
:love:

iluvtetsuya
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
:love: Me luvs sephy no matter whats he duz! :love:

Medi
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Sephiroth is cool? This is all news to me.

iluvtetsuya
08-15-2005, 02:32 PM
hey! he's more than cool he's awesome!

thanks for ruining my poem :cry:

MysticD
09-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Because he kills!!!!!I always though he was just walking around with a plastic toy sword just to intimidate Cloud and his friends lol

Skyblade
09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
My reasoning? He was the first villain I'd encountered who had a reason for his actions other than just "look at me, I'm evil". Had it not been for Hojo's lies, and a few of the misconceptions held by Shrina Inc., Sephiroth would not have become the main villain. As it was, he is told that Jenova was the last of the Ancients (false), he is Jenova's son (false), and that Jenova was to be the rightful ruler of the world until our people took it away from her (false, at least for the "rightful" bit). Villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil (like FFX's Sin) really irk me. I appreciate ones with understandable motivations.

Also, he pulled off the black outfit and white hair look really well (compare to KH's Ansem, and you'll see what I mean), carries a sword long enough to be used for pole-vaulting, and has the knowledge and power to nearly wipe out a planet.

Mercen-X
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil (like FFX's Sin) really irk me.
Sin in actuality is Yu Yevon in Aeon form. His philosophy of hard-work and dedication to life spread as a religion across Spira upon the rise of Sin. Yu Yevon saw most of the world's people as being lazy, relying on Machina to secure their livelihood, while they entertained themselves with other unimportant nonsense. I'm pretty sure Yu Yevon died which is how he became an Aeon. It was his maniacal ambition even in Aeon form that all of Spira cease it's use of any and all things related to machinery. So you see, Sin wasn't evil for the sake of being evil.
In fact, I can't recount the plot too well right now, since I'm tired, but I don't think Kuja either was evil for the sake of being evil.

Skyblade
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil (like FFX's Sin) really irk me.
Sin in actuality is Yu Yevon in Aeon form. His philosophy of hard-work and dedication to life spread as a religion across Spira upon the rise of Sin. Yu Yevon saw most of the world's people as being lazy, relying on Machina to secure their livelihood, while they entertained themselves with other unimportant nonsense. I'm pretty sure Yu Yevon died which is how he became an Aeon. It was his maniacal ambition even in Aeon form that all of Spira cease it's use of any and all things related to machinery. So you see, Sin wasn't evil for the sake of being evil.
In fact, I can't recount the plot too well right now, since I'm tired, but I don't think Kuja either was evil for the sake of being evil.

Sin was evil for the sake of being evil. Sin wasn't Yu Yevon in Aeon form. Yu Yevon was the summoner, not the aeon. He created Sin as "armor" for while he summoned the dream-Zanarkand. That's all fine and hunky dory. But why did that armor go around destroying everything? Because it's evil. You saw what happened to Kilika, and they weren't using Machina.

Shuyin.Sephiroth
09-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Just curious, a lot of folks think that Sephiroth, despite being the bad guy, is considered cool. I'm just curious why people believe this is so.

Is it because of his looks, characteristics, etc?

Have you ever seen the guy, the moment I layed my eyes on him, he was my al time favorite .. still is :p

Son of Sephiroth
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Its because he is the best

FFX_fanatiq
09-10-2005, 06:10 AM
ssss
ssssssssss

Channing
09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I never really liked Sephiroth because his manic styled bevahior destroyed that bada** physique.

I believe people like his character because he's powerful from all angles. You're a meager human when you first fight alongside him in the game. He hits with massive force and has nearly 3,000HP. Yeah, that'd give a solid impression.

Emerald weapon
09-12-2005, 09:42 PM
the guy actul rocks!as soon as u hear his legendary music u think back to the game which you enjoyed sooo dam much thn u think of him,he made the game what it was with his cold heart his trumendous power and his sheer guiness,he was the last remaining cetra(isnt tht a cool word?)and his one winged angel form just kicked ass,what is there not to like about him?ahmean even the main character is a shadow of him(cloud has had sephys cells injected into him)

Skarr
09-13-2005, 12:23 AM
he's cool because of his black cape...his long ass sword and the one winged angel theme.......how many times do i have to say that?

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2005, 08:28 PM
He also has the ability to destroy the Sun and all the planets (possibly more than once) without hurting himself and completely obliterating whatever plant Cloud and co are from.

Strawberry_Mew
09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Because he is awsome and the best and damn sexy XDXD

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey keep it in the circus!

Styx
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
He's evil, his masamune is über and he has the coolest theme (one winged angel) of em all.

Sergeant Hartman
09-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Can you think of anything else apart from his weapon and one winged angel theme?

Styx
09-14-2005, 04:58 PM
He killed Aeris and people love him for that.

Yliette
09-18-2005, 12:56 AM
The way he slaughtered Aeris mercilessly. *Malevolent laugh*

xxPussyCatDollxx
09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Because he has a very long sword *_* and also because he is fine ^_-