PDA

View Full Version : The originality is truely astounding....

SeeDRankLou
07-21-2005, 07:52 PM
OK, so this game is kind of original in its usage of weapons. First the Keyblade....a sword/axe type weapon that works as a key. Goofy's Shields that can be used for both attack and defense, one doesn't usually think of a shield as an attacking weapon in general. And now, this (a page from a recent V-Jump, oh yeah, there's a new organization member too):

http://www.kh2.co.uk/assets/images/scan28.jpg

Ok, the Keyblade was one thing but WTF is that, a guitar-spear? What is everyone's thought on this weapon and what exactly it is?

Edit: Oh, and I think they said this new guy's name is Demix.

Destai
07-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Hurray I love the organization members. Well he looks cool. Cant say much for his guitar thoguh :/ Id rather they just went and made it into an axe.

Skyblade
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
...Interesting. Most interesting. What are his attacks? Justin Timberlake songs?

Destai
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Anpther organization member with the letter X in his name. I hope Squares going somewhere with this.

Skyblade
07-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Anpther organization member with the letter X in his name. I hope Squares going somewhere with this.

You'd rather they suddenly had an orginization member without X in his name? Wouldn't that be a little odd, given the pattern they've set up? Vexen, Marluxia, Axel, Larxene, Lexaeus, Zexion, and now Demix (did I miss anyone?). That's over half of the Organization, if the current 13 member theory is correct.

SeeDRankLou
07-21-2005, 09:57 PM
You'd rather they suddenly had an orginization member without X in his name? Wouldn't that be a little odd, given the pattern they've set up? Vexen, Marluxia, Axel, Larxene, Lexaeus, Zexion, and now Demix (did I miss anyone?). That's over half of the Organization, if the current 13 member theory is correct.
Is DiZ considered a member (I would assume he is)? Maybe, if he's the superior, then he doesn't get the X.

Skyblade
07-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Is DiZ considered a member (I would assume he is)? Maybe, if he's the superior, then he doesn't get the X.

I'm not sure if DiZ is or not. No "X" in his name, different cloak, and not once do we see him interacting with the other Organization members. His attitude is totally different. Yet he seems to be the only one intent on what is supposedly the purpose of the Organization: studying the mysteries of the Heart. While he initially manipulates Riku by pretending to be Ansem, he seems to be doing it for Riku's own good, rather than to make Riku into a mindless slave. My belief is that he is the Superior, but I am not positive. I don't know enough about him.

Mercen-X
07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Do I see another member at the bottom of the page as well?

SeeDRankLou
07-22-2005, 02:57 AM
and not once do we see him interacting with the other Organization members.
In some of the older KHII trailers you see them interacting.

Do I see another member at the bottom of the page as well?
Yeah, that guy was revealed during E3. I'm not sure which of them they are naming Demix, or if Demix is the actual name (you might recall the whole Vixen/Vexen fiasco).

Skyblade
07-22-2005, 02:59 AM
True, you see him sitting at a table in a room full of them. I was speaking solely of CoM. Sorry.

Destai
07-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Another organization member with the letter X in his name. I hope Squares going somewhere with this.

You'd rather they suddenly had an orginization member without X in his name? No, what makes you think that?

Logan Strife
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah it looks like a guitar.But I think in Chain of Memories you vs. him as Riku.Don't you?I think.I mean the Chain of Memories is all about Ansem on Riku's side.I haven't beaten Riku's side.I got close but no.Oh sorry about the topic.Finger slipped. >.<

Skyblade
07-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Nah. I think you're referring to Lexaeus, but they definitely aren't the same guy.

Aphelion
07-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Holy... A guitar? I give up... The organization members have cool weapons, but this one... A guitar? Oh boy...

Tai-Ti
07-24-2005, 09:53 AM
guitar's can hurt if u get a wang across the head with one :D i no that for sure, but tis a very original weapon.

Destai
07-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Too bad it looks so freaking dumb.

Tai-Ti
07-24-2005, 12:00 PM
myes, but mayb thats how it works, ppl r to absorbed in wat the weapon looks like, and dont notice the speed at witch it is coming towards their face.

StarlightAngel
07-25-2005, 03:07 AM
.....O_o

A guitar...? What in the world is KH coming to?? XD

I always know the danger of a shield used as a weapon. Its just another form of skillet bashing :cool:

Ouch!
07-25-2005, 04:26 AM
So what? He holds it in the middle there where it gets thinner and stabs with one end and bashes with the other? ; ;

Mercen-X
07-25-2005, 05:48 AM
If you've ever played Ephemeral Fantasia, you'd be aware this isn't the first time a quitar has come into play as a weapon in a game. In its case, however, the guitar had a sword inside . . . and I think the guitar was a sitar.

StarlightAngel
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Wasn't a guitar one of the weapons in Chrono Cross too?

Skyblade
07-25-2005, 11:07 PM
.....O_o

A guitar...? What in the world is KH coming to?? XD

I always know the danger of a shield used as a weapon. Its just another form of skillet bashing :cool:

And, as Samwise showed us, that can be pretty damn deadly.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this!" *SMASH*

sephiroth9006
07-26-2005, 01:38 AM
although that looks cool, having a guitar as a weapon was done in devil may cry 3..the nevan if i remember roght..but what is it with having uitars as weapons nowadays?

ZeZipster
07-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Guitars have more than 3 strings. That's like a... 3-stringed instrument I can't remember the name of!

Skyblade
07-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Guitars have more than 3 strings. That's like a... 3-stringed instrument I can't remember the name of!

You mean "a guitar with five missing strings"? :D

Tai-Ti
07-26-2005, 01:22 PM

A Ucheleale has 4 stings(or mayb its 5...), thats close, it could also be my neighbours banjo, it only has 3 strings left.

Barney
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Its quite big/too long for a guitar so maybe its ment to be more like a double-bass or chello , they have 4 strings so thats closer than a 6 string guitar. He might bore them to death with classical music

(no offence to classic listeners out there)

Skyblade
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Its quite big/too long for a guitar so maybe its ment to be more like a double-bass or chello , they have 4 strings so thats closer than a 6 string guitar. He might bore them to death with classical music

(no offence to classic listeners out there)

I'm a classical listener. And I much prefer my idea that he attacks with something that would be effective: Like Justin Timberlake, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc...

BatYoukaiRusty
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree with SkyBlade on this, classical music is cool, and i think something like 50 Cent would be even more painful than the boybands. :p

Skyblade
07-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I agree with SkyBlade on this, classical music is cool, and i think something like 50 Cent would be even more painful than the boybands. :p

If this is true, than I am thankful that I have never heard nor heard of 50 Cent...

BatYoukaiRusty
07-26-2005, 04:14 PM

If this is true, than I am thankful that I have never heard nor heard of 50 Cent...

Really wow, yeah, hes a rapper. ::shiver:: Rap=worst thing ever.

Barney
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
:twocents: your forgetting 20 pence aswell.lol
Rap aint too bad, like the old school stuff but im not into eminem (sp?) and the new stuff cuz it just isnt my style, i like old rock too and the new stuff. Classical music like betoven (duno how u spell his name) etc just bores me and makes me feel sleepy. Dance and Electro is also cool when u listen to it as background music at night when ur with people lol. anyways u can say i like all music mainly.

sorry this is a bit off topic isnt it.

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Classical music like betoven (duno how u spell his name)OMG Beethoven rocks! Dun-dun-dun DUUUUUN! Duh-duh-duh DUUUUUH!
What character used a guitar?

A Ucheleale has 4 stings(or maybe its 5...), thats close, it could also be my neighbours banjo, it only has 3 strings left.
SITAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Tai-Ti
07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Classical music like betoven (duno how u spell his name)OMG Beethoven rocks! Dun-dun-dun DUUUUUN! Duh-duh-duh DUUUUUH!
What character used a guitar?

A Ucheleale has 4 stings(or maybe its 5...), thats close, it could also be my neighbours banjo, it only has 3 strings left.
SITAAAAARRRRR!!!!
and wat makes me a "SITAAAAARRRRR!!!!" exactly?

Pheesh
07-28-2005, 08:43 AM
a sitar is a type of middle eastern (or maybe asian) guitar. But i thought it had about 15 strings!?!?!

Peace out and :rock:
EE