PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Shadow

Chibi Angel
07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Okay after the end of the world, I have been able to find all of my characters except Shadow! I've been told I can get him at the coliseum but the only thing I can fight there is the big pink thing that always sneezes me out of battle. :( Can someone please help?

Necronopticous
07-21-2005, 08:51 PM
First you have to find the Striker dagger in the Cave on the Veldt. After that you can bet the Striker at the colluseam and get Shadow as a reward. Good luck.

Sasquatch
07-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Only if you waited for him on the Floating Continent. If you didn't do that, you can't get him back. If you did that, then bet the Striker, and he's easy to fight.

Prancing Mad
07-21-2005, 11:47 PM
He's dead and he's never coming back! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chibi Angel
07-22-2005, 01:23 AM
crud I didn't know I was supposed to wait for him, so he's gone for good then?

Slothy
07-22-2005, 02:28 AM
crud I didn't know I was supposed to wait for him, so he's gone for good then?

Yep, but at least you have an excuse to play the game all over again.

KoShiatar
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
No way of getting him back now, but you will find Relm in the cave where he should have been and be able to see a dream sequence in which she sees her father go away (i don't know how to get that, because I waited for him .)

Slade
07-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I never got him back either. And ive played the game many a time..........how long do you have to wait for him? I always get freaked that times gonna run out so i jump straight away. Is it one of those cliffhanger things where he comes on the last second or something?

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 10:46 AM
You have to wait for him until he shows up. The game wont let you stand there until time runs out, he shows up with a second or two to spare. You do have to make sure you're on the very edge though, otherwise the timer will run out and you'll die.

GooeyToast
07-24-2005, 11:55 AM
I had this same problem m'self.

I wasted all that damn time there too....

:(

~Keep it gooey~

Taiyou
07-25-2005, 12:19 AM
You have to wait and he appears with five seconds to spare if you're at the very edge of the floating continent where you can see the Blackjack below. Then, in the World of Ruin, he'll be in the Veldt Cave.. the funny thing is, in the Japanese version, I don't think Shadow was supposed to survive. Or the Americans translating didn't do a good job of it as it says, "SHE" in reference to Shadow when you find him there in the cave. And, if you didn't wait, Relm is there instead in the cave. :)

You end up taking Shadow back to Thamasa I believe and then you have to bet a weapon called the Stryker at the Coliseum and you will fight Shadow. He's super easy to defeat and then you speak briefly to him and he comes with you.

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2005, 12:21 AM
It's a translating error, one of the many in the game.

Slade
07-25-2005, 05:30 AM
You have to wait for him until he shows up. The game wont let you stand there until time runs out, he shows up with a second or two to spare. You do have to make sure you're on the very edge though, otherwise the timer will run out and you'll die.

Ok cool ill try it next time i play. I knew there was nothing to worry about (yay Shadows gonna be back!)