PDA

View Full Version : Hypers

Cruise Control
07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I do, I find limit breaks more useful than the occasional miss and extra damage, especially since every one (yuffie, vincent, cloud with long range) fights from the back row.

Prancing Mad
07-21-2005, 11:49 PM
To be honest, I wasn't quite sure why it was bad. The game said it was, but, to be frank, I always gave 'em all a healthy dose. In fact, I had 99 of them in my item bin.

Cruise Control
07-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Me too, yay for item duplication!

Mo-Nercy
07-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah. I Hypered my party. It was worth it because you learn limit breaks faster too.

-N-
07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, Hypers are pretty solid. Aeris with Fury Brand = sweet.

Mercen-X
07-22-2005, 12:57 AM
To be honest, I wasn't quite sure why it was bad. The game said it was, but, to be frank, I always gave 'em all a healthy dose. In fact, I had 99 of them in my item bin.
In Fury, (induced by Hypers) you take more damage in battle. In Sadness, (induced by Tranqs) you take less damage in battle. Also your attacks are greater in Fury and weaker in Sadness.

But yeah. I always use Hypers when I have them. If I only have a few, I save them for when I really need them. I try not to use them if I know a 'rest' will take place in the story. 'Cause 'rests' "cure" Fury and Sadness.

Kappy
07-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I have them constantly in Fury. ^_^

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 01:27 AM
YAY for limits...i wish i had a cool limit break...something like...the amakakru rye herainomeki (i dunno how to spell it)...or the footinenokeiwamie (likewise)...

*scene from VII...well some one who uses hypers a lot anyway*

Tifa: cloud...its time for your shot
Cloud: Tifa you know i hate shots...Almost as much as I hate Sephiroth..*background turns pink and heart float around cloud's head*...Aeris...I...I... :love: :love: :love:
(Tifa interupts him) :mad: :mad:
Tifa: AHEM!!!
Cloud:sorry... :riiight:
(Tifa has hyper shot in her hand...walks slowly towards cloud)
Cloud: AHHHHHAHHHHHAHHHHAHHHHAHHHHHHAHHHHHAHHHHAHHHHAHHHHAHHHHAHHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
(Cloud runs off screaming like a little school girl)
(Tifa chases after him)
Tifa: CLOUD YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!
(cloud still running...)
Cloud (in a pouty voice): NO!!! :irked:
Tifa (slighty annoyed but happy that she has cloud's attention): DON'T MAKE ME USE MY LIMIT BREAK ON YOU!!!
Cloud: FINE!
(Tifa gives cloud the shot...she then starts fantasing about her and cloud being married and just as about they are going to kiss...)
BAM!!!
(battle theme plays and a boss battle begins)

Cruise Control
07-22-2005, 01:43 AM

chadwixx
07-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah. I Hypered my party. It was worth it because you learn limit breaks faster too.

the best way to lvl up ur limit breaks is manipulating the dark dragon in the northern crater and casting laser on ur self. since laser takes half of the hps it will take like 5000, then cast white wind and do it again. make sure ur not wearing a mystile or ziendrich armor or it wont do much damage if it even hits

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 01:58 AM
don't ask...i had a lot of time on my hands one day...i wrote a bunch of scripts for flash cartoons...and my friend and i were gonna make them....but we are lazy as hell

-N-
07-22-2005, 02:19 AM

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 02:31 AM
ORO?! ...

nik0tine
07-22-2005, 02:33 AM
My characters are always in hyper status. There's no real reason not to have them in hyper status.

true_bacon22
07-22-2005, 02:47 AM
its obcvious and easy that Fury is the bets status ever and anyone who dosent have furied guys is a fool

boys from the dwarf
07-22-2005, 08:19 AM
what?furys a bad status effect? :confused: :chuckle: :hahaha:

0mNiS|aSh
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I always fury my party first, then give everyone a ribbon, and instead of using tents, I dupe megalixirs, which doesn't cure anything, just heal. That way, I avoid status problems, but I still have an incurable fury, and I'm immune to sadness.

GooeyToast
07-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Hypers are a player's best freind when in need of getting their new Limit Break.

Just go into Mideel Forest, use one of these babies, and it's smooth sailin....

~Keep it gooey~

Captain Maxx Power
07-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Constantly. The damage output of most enemies is so freaking low in this game that you can front row/hyper everyone and still keep them alive.

Crop
07-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I just have my players in normal status.

Kappy
07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Hypers are a player's best freind when in need of getting their new Limit Break.

Just go into Mideel Forest, use one of these babies, and it's smooth sailin....

~Keep it gooey~

For Cloud, I usually have all the limit breaks (including Omnislash) far before I get too Mideel, so I have no need for that. I use do that much earlier in the forests outside Junon, you can get groups of 6 enemies out there that are very fast and hit for quite a bit of damage (so you can get to use your limit break nearly every battle). Let the kill count rise~

Sefie1999AD
07-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I usually have 99 Hypers and start to use them on my party members halfway through Disc 1. I don't want to use Hyper before that since your characters' weapons aren't too accurate and you'll miss a lot, and you can't really afford to take too much damage before that. However, after my weapons are accurate enough and my party members can take it, they'll be on Fury throughout the game. It's very useful for getting limit breaks, especially in the forest battles around Mideel.