PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online

zanias
07-22-2005, 03:21 AM
has anyone ever played this... i play on the XeRO private server, its pretty sweet ^_^

Necronopticous
07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I just started today on EuphRO, I'm loving it beyond words.

Alice
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
i tried to play but honestly its plot is so thin, and i just dont grasp the main concept.. i think ill hold out on it for now... I much would rather play FFXI...

Lionx
07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Only hardcore pvpers and friends will play this game. Just like any other pvp game out there.

Necronopticous
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Only hardcore pvpers and friends will play this game. Just like any other pvp game out there.I have been soloing and I have no intentions of PVPing whatsoever. Still, I had more fun today than I did with probably my entire Final Fantasy XI and Guild Wars experence. So far I think Ragnarok Online is an incredibly fun and well made game. I can't wait to continue.

Heath
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I used to play on beyondIRC-RO which was very fun. It's a shame that server no longer exists, especially when an update was just around the corner.

I should be restarting on TenshiRO this evening, hopefully. I'll probably make a Mounted Spear Knight as my first character, before re-making my Wizard from bRO.

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 01:25 PM
im always looking for the perfect mmo.

ive heard good things about this, i might download it once i have use of dsl (this sunday aw yeah!!!)

im playing a free one that instead of being based on medievil thingo like runescape.
its based on chinese mythology, you might like to play it one day.

heres the official website where you can download it from. :) Conquer Online (www.conqueronline.com) make a character on the crystal server, make sure you join the interpid guild.

ps: i hope when the time comes to get this RO game its enjoyable. :)

Discord
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Is there a pay-free mode in the game or do you have to pay?

Markus. D
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
R.O. is beta still, so i think its free.

C.O is free 2 play.

Endless
07-22-2005, 05:33 PM
official RO has been out of beta for about what? 3 years now, so of course you have to play. Silly you.

Unofficial RO are almost all free. And all are illegal. :D I coadminned twilightRO for months, so, no more RO for me plzkthx. That and it's just plain... well, dull. Maybe with the exception of PvP time (castle taking), but oh the drama. You have no idea.

Shoeberto
07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
RO's fun for maybe two days. Maybe.

Alice
07-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree with u so hardcore Hsu, Its just not my kinda game, not enough room to grow.

Plus I find playing mmorpgs depressing :( Unless there is actual plot and story and PURPOSE to playing, then there is no point in playing, and RO lacks it all.

Mercen-X
07-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Used up my fifteen-day free-trial period. Don't have any money to pay for a real account at the moment. It was pretty good.

Black Mage
07-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Meh, I played RO way back when it was in Alpha. I actually ran into Dr. Unne in the 'Mids, once.

Anyways, I played RO and watched it grow through Beta 1, 2, "2.5", Pay for two months, Beta again, and then, finally, retail.

Whomever mentioned drama was right on the money, though I believe they're probably refering to something else. Thais vs everyone, everyone vs Gravity, Gleek vs Everyone vs Gravity, random script kiddy vs Gravity, it was ridiculous.

The game itself was plenty of fun for awhile, but I tended to get bored of it after awhile, and stopped playing for a few months, when I'd come back and play some more.

Of course, I've tried my share of private servers as well, and found the communities to be much more bareable than the current, or at least current when I last played, iRO.

Fun game, not-so-fun-players.

Lionx
07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I dont know about you Necro, but for me, it was fun once in a while and while i was waiting for Beta FFXI to come it was somewhat fun...but before my FFXI Beta kit came, it became old..REALLY OLD..and i quit..and so far there has not been enough change in the game to make me want to come back, unlike FFXI which had a huge patch just a few days ago(with some huge changes and refinements).

lordblazer
07-23-2005, 12:33 AM
I use to play it whenever it was free when they started charging an insane amount(at the time the community was pretty poor).I quit lol.

Peegee
07-23-2005, 02:35 AM
I used to play on beyondIRC-RO which was very fun. It's a shame that server no longer exists, especially when an update was just around the corner.

I should be restarting on TenshiRO this evening, hopefully. I'll probably make a Mounted Spear Knight as my first character, before re-making my Wizard from bRO.

Tenshi is amazing in terms of the xp you will get. In fact it's bizarre. I can level up in about an hour at the most (ie I'm distracted...the computer keeps shutting down).

Msg me sometime in-game -- Peegee.

In fact everybody join tenshi!

Necronopticous
07-27-2005, 10:38 AM
My life has been eaten. In its place, two adorable Ragnarok Online characters are born.

http://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/RO12.jpghttp://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/RO19.jpgNecronopticousPixelblip

Markus. D
07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
where do i download the client.

Lionx
07-27-2005, 01:17 PM
You know didnt they shut down client downloads that arent in Korea so you need a Korean IP to do it?

Markus. D
07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
meh. if thats so then ill jut stick to maple story for now... i want my guild wars already.

one question, why do the slimes on RO look like the slimes on maple story?

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I play on a free server. If anyone wants to join me toss me a PM and I'll help you out.

zanias
06-13-2006, 07:10 AM
NO NO NO

guys.. that was like.. a year or so ago that you needed korear proxies.. taht was back when the game was still young, and difficult to find.

just good RO top 200, and go to a random server there, 9 times out of ten, you'll find a download for the client.

now, when you download RO you'll have to download KRO, and Sakray. unzip both of these into a folder (the same folder) and let them update. you wont be able to play on them ,though, cuz you dont have an account with the official RO sites. instead, go to a private server, download their client and unzip it into the same folder that you installed RO into.

now, i would like to add that XeRO has kicked the bucket, and i have done some wondering. i did play on EuphRO for bout a day. and i was playin on ClickerRO. now i play on pcRP (players choice RO) it does not yet have a spot on the top hundred anything. the url is:
<http://pcro.ath.cx/>

go there and enjoy ^_^ yeah, we have all the downloads, just register for the game, and play!

BTW, if you do come here and play my character name is Xahnez, i do have Zanias as a spot saver though. also, i'm leavin for summer inabout 10 days, so after that i wont be around to help. however, the guild im in will be glad to help, we're called Breakfast Club, and anyone with a little emblem (very small picture) above them of a box of cereal and some milk is in this guild.

EDIT----------------------------

i have to come here more often.. i havnt replied for half a year XD sooo... when you needed ip addresses for korea to get this game.. was like.. almost two years ago.. yeah..

Miriel
06-13-2006, 07:18 AM
zanias, please don't revive threads that are nearly a year old.