PDA

View Full Version : Junction Insanity

Lord Xehanort
07-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Did anyone else get WAY to into the Junction System? I beefed my party up to the point where they attacked at least twice per second and were immune to all elementals.

Skyblade
07-22-2005, 03:33 AM
I had them at 90% absorb all elements, and max stats. It's fun.

FFVIII Fan
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
In my opinion the junction system was the best battle system of any ff game. It was great because it was very customisable and flexible, as you could do whatever you liked with where you could assign your magic too. I also like the way the GFs were part of it too.

And i didnt mind drawing magic! :D

TheSpoonyBard
07-22-2005, 02:04 PM
I liked the junctioning system, but it was all too easy once you knew what the best spells were and where to find them. I much prefer the materia system of FFVII at it is just as easy to customise characters and you get to play around with extreme combinations that usually resulted in winning a battle without having to press a single button.

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Junction system was great. It allowed me to created unstoppable killing machines

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :radred: :radred: :radred: :radred: :radred:

Rusty
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
I thought the junction system was the best battle system in any Final Fantasy - I loved being able to customise my characters so much.

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I thought the junction system was the best battle system in any Final Fantasy - I loved being able to customise my characters so much.
I really enjoy it too. MUCH better than the materia system.

Christmas
07-22-2005, 03:25 PM

Max stats?....You know, getting Luck to max, you really need a lot of luck up and not to forget Evasion. And also the other stats like Spr, Spd....

Junction system was great. It allowed me to created unstoppable killing machines

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Anything but the sphere grid system although I have to admit it can create even more unstoppable killing machine....

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 04:40 PM
people who don't like the junctioning system can go die extreme peeing... the junction system is awesome...i wouldn't say its the best...they are all great...

rubah
07-22-2005, 08:04 PM

Max stats?....You know, getting Luck to max, you really need a lot of luck up and not to forget Evasion. And also the other stats like Spr, Spd....

If you have the pc version and access to chocobo world ('cause really, how many of us have pocketstations) it seems to be rather easy:(

I don't think there are any evasion ups in the game, but you can use the str/mag/vit/spr+s to get to high stats, then devour ruby dragons for HP, t-rexaurs for strength, behemoths for magic, adamantoises for vitality, malboros for spirit, and then free up magic to use on evade. This is cheaper (and more fun) than refining the items, by a long shot xD

Speed can be raised by refining cactus thorns a few times. . .

I don't remember how you get luck up xD I think it might be refining an aegis shield, but that's assuming that there is such a thing.

You could do it maybe if you were crazy and or really really bored:D

Christmas
07-22-2005, 08:11 PM

If you have the pc version and access to chocobo world ('cause really, how many of us have pocketstations) it seems to be rather easy:(

I don't think there are any evasion ups in the game, but you can use the str/mag/vit/spr+s to get to high stats, then devour ruby dragons for HP, t-rexaurs for strength, behemoths for magic, adamantoises for vitality, malboros for spirit, and then free up magic to use on evade. This is cheaper (and more fun) than refining the items, by a long shot xD

Speed can be raised by refining cactus thorns a few times. . .

I don't remember how you get luck up xD I think it might be refining an aegis shield, but that's assuming that there is such a thing.

You could do it maybe if you were crazy and or really really bored:D

Let's just say all this take a very long time that is....

Alexander
07-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Junction System... I don't like it. Because the characters have absolutely NO individuality. No one of them have truly different thing compared to the others - Limit Breaks do pretty much the same damage compared to the other ones.

Discord
07-22-2005, 08:21 PM
It was good, but I really hated drawing magic. I though it was a pain.

* White Aeris *
07-23-2005, 04:44 PM
i love it and drawing magic. omly problem was i kept forgeting to put attack etc on them... not fun in a boss fight!

Kappy
07-23-2005, 05:42 PM
I lov3 the junction system, but it isn't the best. You can create unstoppable killing machines alright, but it was too easy to make your characters nigh on god-like and too soon in the game.
That's why I prefer the Sphere Grid. It's challenging to improve stats, and I love a challenge to make my characters awesome. I get more of a sense of achievement out of that system.

bumchum kev
07-31-2005, 09:06 AM
i love the junction system.

i can remember bits of final fantasy 7 where i wished i had the junction system and bits of final fantasy 8 (not much) where i wished i had materia. but i love the junction system. its cool

°¿°¿°
07-31-2005, 09:09 AM
hmm the junction system i just skipped through the tutorial by pressing buttons lol... i didnt even find out about it till awhile into the game (it was more challenging then) after i found out about it and used it the game seemed kinda easy lol

Laugh at face of Danger
07-31-2005, 12:59 PM

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :radred: :radred: :radred: :radred: :radred:
yeup, that's pretty much it

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2005, 06:03 PM
i loove the junction system! it's better than all of the other FFs especially that stupid sphere grid in FFX! I HATE that thing! You run out of sphere's and you're screwed.

i got everyone's hp to 9999 and got enough ultimas for two party members to recieve absolutely no elemental damage whatsoever. (couln't get enough for the third one)

Ultimecia was a breeze

JulioA
08-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I love the Junctioning system, it is my favorite, with the materia system clos behind.

Fithos
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
juncioning was fun, but also made the game way to easy. their was almost nothing that could beat you. i mean i killed siefer in one hit, and when you are killing bosses in one hit it kinda takes the fun out of the stratagey that is supposed to be involved. it was fun for just killing things though.

SammieBabe
08-03-2005, 01:04 AM
The junction system was good in its own right, just like all the other battle systems from previous and latter FF's....
I did enjoy the complexity of it though......

Medi
08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Ah, junction... 100 ultima junction to elem-guard, 100 flare to strength + str+60%, 100 haste to speed + spd+40%, 100 meteor to vitality + vit+60%, 100 tornado to hp + hp+80%, of course u need abilityx4 for this, and then there is 100 holy to magic and if your level is high enough and u have enough hp then mag+60%, the outcome is: THE ULTIMATE KILLING MACHINE!!!!!!

Skyblade
08-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I've noticed several people talking about the Materia and Junction systems in reference to which one is better. I just thought I'd give my thoughts on the topic:

The Junction system is the best for maxing stats. The few Stat plus materia that were in FFVII were nowhere near as effective as the Junction system.

On the other hand, the materia system was far better at ability use. While your characters might not have as high stats, you had abilities like 4*Cut and Slash-All. What's more, since you didn't have to worry about enemies leveling up in VII, the stats from levels were more than enough. While VIII still had some abilities, like Mug and Initiative, alot of the powerhouse ones (such as the ones mentioned above)were removed.

Megalixir
08-10-2005, 06:18 AM
junction tripple to speed budday!!!!

xD

and as far as maxing stats go.. Devour + StatBonus = xD

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
max out zell's strength and he can do over 100,000 damage with duel!!!