PDA

View Full Version : Small Inference on LeBlanc [Possible Spoilers]

rubicant
07-22-2005, 05:37 AM
I have been playing this game hardcore for the past week and I just realized something today. We all know (or should know, unless you just suck at the game) that there is a little romance between LeBlanc and Meyvn Nooj. Later in the game, you learn that Nooj is dead. Now contemplating on this a little bit, wouldn't this make LeBlanc a necrophile in some twisted manner?

rubah
07-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Wait.

what?

I think I missed something somewhere.

WildRaubtier
07-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Not at all.

Bomber
07-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Nooj isn't dead, is he? He's a Deathseeker, but he's very much alive.

Dazed and Confused
07-22-2005, 11:59 AM
He is alive. He wants to die.

rubicant
07-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Have you guys not played that far yet?

Destai
07-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Its all explained by Aeris once you revive her :rolleyes2

Squall of SeeD
07-23-2005, 06:53 PM
He's not dead, Rubicant. He was possessed by Shuyin, someone who is dead. Those Pyreflies that came out of him and entered Baralai were not his Spirit Energy. It was Shuyin's.

Christmas
07-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Have you guys not played that far yet?

I played far enough to see the ending FMV where he and his two buddies gave a speech and he is pretty alive.

rubicant
07-23-2005, 09:55 PM
But what about when Paine says' "they died here" or something that extent at the Den of Woe. (which is what I am basing this analysis on).

TheSpoonyBard
07-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Paine wasn't referring to them physically dying; it was a more metaphorical statement that was intended to mean that following that incident they were no longer the people she once knew.

Squall of SeeD
07-24-2005, 08:39 AM
But what about when Paine says' "they died here" or something that extent at the Den of Woe. (which is what I am basing this analysis on).

Uh... she was talking about the other dozens of guys that were part of the Crimson Squad candidate group. The ones that did die. Why would you cite this as evidence for Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal being dead when Paine was not only talking about those other guys, but when the apparition of Shuyin immediately states afterwards that those three lived?:

Paine: This is what destroyed the Squad. Despair strong enough to crush the minds of those it touches. What just happened to us happened to them, too. Here. They felt Shuyin's despair. They went mad, and they died. They killed each other!

::Images of Nooj, Gippal, and Baralai appear::

Shuyin: But these three lived.

Shuyin: So...I decided to use them.

Paine: You'll pay!