Necronopticous
07-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Good times.

Dreddz
07-22-2005, 12:48 PM
killer !

Christmas
07-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Sorry but I think there is already a thread made earlier about this....

Masamune·1600
07-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Haha, awesome. This confirms a theory I developed a few months back, where I predicted that Hashmalum (Hashmarim) would appear as a summon in FFXII. I was under the impression that Velius (Berias) had already been announced, but apparently no official designation had been made.

I find it interesting that Velius is among the summons that have been confirmed. This leads me to believe that we may see another summon in FFXII that follows a certain pattern. What is that pattern? Consider the following.

A number of bosses or powerful enemies have been promoted to summons in recent games. For example, Sacred and Minotaur (Brothers GF, FFVIII) were originally in FFV (you may remember fighting Minotaurus for Holy). FFVIII also included the GF Gilgamesh (originally Ex-Death's lackey in FFV). FFIX had Atomos, originally a boss in FFV, as an Eidolon. FFX saw Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters as Aeons. Yojimbo was originally an enemy in FFV (notable since the rare Strato katana could be stolen from one). The Magus Sisters originally appeared as a boss in FFIV (they had Delta Attack then, too). Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online). I could even list one like Siren (an Esper in FFVI and a GF in FFVIII, who originally appeared as a boss at the end of the Ship Graveyard in FFV), although I would hesitate to do so because Siren is multiple-appearance summon.

Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Adrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Adrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.

For the purpose of the concept I'm forming, I'm ignoring summons like Cactuar and Tonberry in FFVIII, or Bomb in FFIV, which are ubiquitous enemies. I'm also ignoring summons like Lich (FFT), which appeared in FFI only to reemerge a boss in FFIX.

In any case, Velius has appeared only once in the series thus far; he was a demon of the Lucavi in FFT (his host was Wiegraf; his related Zodiac Stone was Aries, the ram). Velius seems to be the latest example of boss-to-summon promotion, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see another enemy promoted to summon status in FFXII. Based on previous patterns, I expect that we may see a boss from FFV (look at the examples) or an enemy from FFT (Velius already has been promoted, as has Adrammalech). If an FFV boss is a summon, I speculate it might be Biblos. If an FFT enemy appears as a FFXII summon, I would assume a Lucavi demon (like Velius or 'Adramelk') would be it. Hence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Queklain, Zalera, or Hashmalum promoted to summon status.

Obviously, it is a distinct possibility that we could see further promotions.

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
right on...

ORO?!

Ouch!
07-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Spiffy. I can't wait for this big update at the end of the month.