PDA

View Full Version : Categories

Little Miss Awesome
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
There are lots of different "groups" of people about, you know, chavs and the like, I was curious to what you'd categorize yourself as, please say why, and tell me if you feel I've missed out anything important!

Chris
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm just me >_< and that's something else.
I refuse to put myself in a category... why limit myself in such a way? :cool:

Little Miss Awesome
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm just me >_< and that's something else.
I refuse to put my self in a catagory... why limit myself in such a way?
Gah! I meant to put that in too :mad2: I'm so stupid. Sorry Chris :(

faster skating penguin
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Other (sexy)

Chris
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
It's okay, no permanent damage. :D

boris no no
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
well i'm told i'm emo.....although i don;t moan all the time and i don't have crap hair...O__o
btu apparently thats what i am!! i'd rather be a nerd :)

Rye
07-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Other, for the following reasons:

Charver: I don't like hurting people, getting pregnant at 12, or Burberry. Plus, I'm not British.

Goth: For some reason, people seem to think I'm a Goth, because I have dark hair, pale skin, wear black, and always go around in a band t-shirt, but once people actually listen to the things that come out of my mouth such as "Oh my god, I was watching Spongebob Squarepants last night and..." and stuff like that, they realise I am never ever going to be Gothic.

Emo: No. I make fun of emo too much to be emo. xD

Skater: Can't skate.

Surfer: Can't surf

Skater/Surfer: See above

Popular person: I'm anti-social and I don't drink or do drugs and I'm not skinny and I don't like making fun of people or parties.

So I'm basically a nothing~

Project G
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
I won't say emo because lindy will kick my ass about it, so I'll say other, but I don't know what yet, maybe just a messed up kid who writes emo lyrics but not an emo.
And it's not charver, it's CHAV

Little Miss Awesome
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Sorry :(

Doomie
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
On that list, probably more surfer than anything else. Though I'm not that great on one.

Ohhh
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
O_o
Wheres the unique option? oh well other will have to do :D

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 01:50 PM
WTF??

That's kind of narrowing the field to a few categories.

I don't fit any of these.........

So I guess I'd have to go with......other. I'm a nerd, because I'm an engineer, and I love sci-fi and final fantasy. At the same time I'm a bit of a jock, in that I was athelete of the year when I graduated high-school, I still love sports and I'm into fitness, and I go to the gym 5-6 times a week. I guess I'm popular (but certainly not the stereotypically arrogant 'look-at-me I'm so hot", don't come near me, you nerd/faggit/etc type of person), because I have lots of friends (from all walks of life, nerds, jocks, surfers, etc), and I have a great girlfriend. I'm also a musician, because I play the guitar..........blah blah blah...I love hunting and fishing...or maybe I could be classified as something, but I like variety.

Oh year, I like sorta goth music like Type-O-Negative, Tool, A Perfect Circle (are these goth genres? I don't f#ckin' know).........so maybe I'm a bit of a goth too....though I don't act or look like one

maybe this is just aimed at teenagers.......even so, I wasn't classed as any of these at any time when I was 12-19 years of age.

btw, what the hell is a chav?

Project G
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
btw, what the hell is a chav?

You dont come from the uk do you?
They are the scum of the earth, they should all die. They wear a lot of sports brands and wear burberry all the time and the girls get pregant at 12. They should all die

Dreddz
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I guess im closest to a chav in the options, I dont think I am one though. Damn, should of voted other
oops...

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 01:57 PM
You dont come from the uk do you?
Nope.

They are the scum of the earth, they should all die. They wear a lot of sports brands and wear burberry all the time and the girls get pregant at 12. They should all die
You mean dudes who think they're so cool in high school, pick on "nerds" and wind up knocking up some chick, and work at the grocery store for the rest of their lives and live in their parent's basement?

BTW, just because someone wears a sports brand doesn't make them a chav, or whatever the hell it is. I wear sports brands, when I go to the gym.........I'm certainly not a chav, form the sounds of it.

Meat Puppet
07-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Other: rocker

Tama2
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Other: rocker
yep

T-MaN
07-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm most likely to be a surfer, because..well, I surf a lot. I also like the water. :)

Old Manus
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Mr. <s>Encyclopeadia</s> Popularity.

Miriel
07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I defy categorization.

Jess
07-22-2005, 05:53 PM

Charver is what they are called up in the North East. I think the word 'Charver' has been around much longer than the word 'Chav' aswell, seeing as I used to hear it all the time from about the age of 4, and I didn't even hear the word 'Chav' until last year.

Secondly, I'm sure there are a lot more 'labels'/'categories' you could add to that list. ;)

I'm none of them, I don't fall into place in any of them. I'll dress however I like and I'll listen to whatever music I like - and it will vary. :D

Levian
07-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm the guy who saves the world, gets the girl, etc..

louby_4eva
07-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm a 'trendy' I think, that's what I've been told anyway, apparently it's someone that is never seen not wearing a pair of jeans, so I'll have to vote 'other' :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Shoeberto
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
The most important catagory: Geek.

4 lief, CJ. 3 lief.

FallenSilence
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I've got traces of Goth and Emo in me, but I wear some skater stuff and also fit with Rocker/Grunger.

LunaticPandora37
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
i'm kown as a floater...(not what you find in your toilet after cheese fondue night)...like...i coudl fit in anyone of those groups...i float around social groups...so i'll call myself other...but i'm mainly a punk!!!

Yamaneko
07-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I defy categorization.
You're with THOSE people, are you now?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-22-2005, 07:16 PM
People can't even tell what RACE I am, much less what "group" I belong to. I am... the anti-stereotype! :D

Zeldy
07-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Im always getting called a Goth, even my friends call me a Goth, I do Wear Black and have been known to self-inflict myself, and i do like Gothic things. I listen to bands like NightWish, The Rasmus, Within Temptation and Cradle Of Filth but im not a depressing person at all, im quite the opposite! Im always Happy and Giddy ^^
It was like yesterday.. i was walking through the park and this Chav ran over and skidded on his knee's headbanging and yelling "ROOOOOOOOCK!"
I just laughed, and he was younger than meh! =O
But i was wearing full black with GORGEOUS shoesies :love:
They're Black and pointed with Pink and white Stripes!

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 08:21 PM
We should make up a "Me" category, signifying pure awesomeness.

rubah
07-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Do you british people not have 'geeks'?
or 'potheads'?

Old Manus
07-22-2005, 08:26 PM
They are defined as 'normal'.

rubah
07-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Ah. well the poll lacks that option too:(

Old Manus
07-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Then the poll is a failure.

Miriel
07-22-2005, 08:37 PM
You're with THOSE people, are you now?
Oh, you mean those people who believe themselves to be entirely unique in their individuality? Who whore it up on MySpace/Friendster/Facebook/Livejournal and put themselves on display in a vain hope to impress upon others the speciality of their existence? Whose voyeuristic endeavors are just desperate attempts to separate themselves from the rest of the world's inhabitants and to give an otherwise, typical life, some sort of meaning and variance?

Yep. That's me alright.

Yamaneko
07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
But the real question is: do you like peanut butter?

Itsunari 2000
07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
First of all , what about the dumbass jock types ?

Secondly,emos and goths are basically the same -more sulkier,paler and aloof " tortured artists " is never a good thing.

Thirdly, you cannot categorize me.

rubah
07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
But the real question is, do you like peanut butter?
I do!

Miriel
07-22-2005, 09:11 PM
But the real question is: do you like peanut butter?
Oh man, I'm not even gonna go there.

Blackmageboi
07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
rocker/hippie *votes other*

Del Murder
07-24-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't even know what most those things are.