PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever noticed...

bumchum kev
07-22-2005, 05:31 PM
has anyone ever noticed that on kingdom hearts aeris is in it. you see, i would like to hear your thoughts on this because (big spoiler for people who havnt completed final fantasy 7) she is dead, on kingdom hearts is she a clone?

and another thing, why has her name changed, in ff7 it was aeris but in kh it is aerith.

i dont know if this is a total n00b question or i sound stupid but can i hear some of your thoughts please.

Skyblade
07-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Yes, people have noticed. Everyone's noticed. The thing is, the characters in KH have nothing to do with their FF counterparts (as evidenced by the fact that Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus are living together as kids). In KHs, Aerith never died. So there are no continuity issues, and we can go on to something else, ok?

Mercen-X
07-22-2005, 08:50 PM
How can anyone not notice that she's there, she pops up in the beginning and is present quite often.

TheAbominatrix
07-22-2005, 09:41 PM
It's a completly different story. Proof?
-Selphie and Squall are completly different ages and do not know eachother. There's no way the events of VIII could have happened given these facts.
-Squall, Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid all are from the same world, and that world is not Gaia of VII
-Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie grow up together, which negates the Dream Zanarkand facts of Tidus, and the fact that in X, Wakka grew up with Lulu and Yuna, and his brother Chappu.

Also, they didnt change her name, they merely fixed it to the correct translation, though the pronunciation remains unchanged.

Hope that helped.

Destai
07-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes as had been said, the characters from FF in KH have nothing to do with the FF storyline. Square took there characters and put them in a different setting, storyline and world.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Yes, people have noticed. Everyone's noticed. The thing is, the characters in KH have nothing to do with their FF counterparts (as evidenced by the fact that Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus are living together as kids). In KHs, Aerith never died. So there are no continuity issues, and we can go on to something else, ok?
thtz all i have to say..... (really

Ohhh
07-22-2005, 11:50 PM
but if they have nothing to do with their ff counterparts, what about at the end when cloud and Aerith... erm... look at each other... in that way? that cant be a coincidence surely :confused:

TheAbominatrix
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
They still, clearly, have the names and personalities that they originally had. They are, however, from different storylines.

As for 'that way', it's however you interpret it. She looks at him. He looks away. The end.

Cruise Control
07-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I was like OMG get away from me zombie!

Tedbear
07-23-2005, 01:38 PM
For arguments sake, lets jus say that sora's key thing opened up a space time continium-majig and everything went abit upside down.....and then they all forgot it....coz i get the feeling you wont be hearing cloud talking about his misadventures in advent children

TheAbominatrix
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
It is NOT the same storyline. It's taking familiar characters and putting them in the same storyline. Cloud wont be speaking of it because it never happened for the Cloud of that storyline.

Oh, and the keyblade time/space thing doesnt make any sense, because Ansem was already travelling worlds before that, and Ansem was from the same world as a big chunk of the FF characters, and Sora grew up with the others. And also, wouldnt it scramble the Disney worlds as well? Doesnt fit.

Del Murder
07-24-2005, 10:55 PM
The Aeris in KH has as much to do with the one in FFVII as Donald Duck in KH has to do with the one in Duck Tales. Completely different stories.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-25-2005, 03:02 AM
way to go chap, for picking up like, the fifty thousandth non-story line following quirk in Kingdom hearts. the whole GAME is based on characters not being in their stories right. If they were, Malificent would be dead, Beast wouldn't be a beast, Wendy would be safely tucked in her bed in london, Monstro would be in a freaking ocean, The Little Mermaid would have Feet and the Professor in Halloweentown would have tossed sally on her arse in favor of a 1920's style clone of himself with boobs. it is safely established that Kingdom Hearts does not have to follow any story line but kingdom hearts.