PDA

View Full Version : With a little help from my friendsssssss

Lenna
07-23-2005, 12:48 AM
When you're feeling down or upset, how do you react to things. Do you prefer to be alone and shelter yourself from everyone else, or do you talk to your friends to try and get problems off your chest.

In my opinion (after the past few days of having a friend constantly being hostile to most of my other friends), being alone just makes you more dependant on yourself. Which in some cases can be good, in some cases can be bad.

Growing up alone you depend on yourself and think that the whole world is against you and you try and deal with it. But when you actually get people who care about you, have you blocked them out? and thought "well I've always depended on myself they can do what they want"

Or do you appreciate the fact that these people are trying to help and comfort you in many ways?

Talking usually helps most people but sometimes it can be hard. I just don't think that someone should go their whole life depending on themselves when they have people around them who care about them.

Chris
07-23-2005, 12:52 AM
I've learned to depend on myself when I feel sad.
I don't really have any friend that are that close to me, I like being able to depend on myself (that way, I won't be disappointed whenever a friend lets me down.)

Lenna
07-23-2005, 12:54 AM
:( see it's that sort of thing that makes me sad. Sometimes depending on yourself can make you cold hearted and blind to see who around you cares. I try my best to let my friends see I'm there for them but a couple have just put it past me and not bothered to realise that I try my best :/

Chris
07-23-2005, 12:56 AM
But I don't have anyone close enough to depend on. Sure, my family, but I don't feel comfortable doing that with them. Luckily I have you guys. :)

Lenna
07-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes you do!!! ;D and your big sis = me ;D <333 *damn proud too* teehee

Faris
07-23-2005, 12:59 AM
I depend on myself, and my friends equally. There are just somethimgs that I don't have the courage to say, or I feel that it is unnecessary to say and I can deal with it myself. Then again, there are just somethings that you need to talk to some one about and hope to get advice.

Chris
07-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Yes you do!!! ;D and your big sis = me ;D <333 *damn proud too* teehee
Thank you. :)

Lenna
07-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Ash you know you always got me and the rest of us. So no matter what you'll always have people who care about you. We love ya <3

and Chris don't go feeling down on me or I'll gouge your eyes out too <3

Jebus
07-23-2005, 01:42 AM
I try not to depend on my friends. It's almost always better to deal with my problems myself, and not get anyone else involved.

The worst thing I ever let my friends get involved in was schoolwork. I never tell them about anything worse. My problems are mine to deal with.

DK
07-23-2005, 01:44 AM
I definitely tend to go into my shell, so to speak. I've never liked unloading my problems onto other people, I never found it fair to burden others with my problems. I don't mind writing about them for people to see, but never directly one on one. I dunno why, I don't like it. It's weird though, because I like listening to people and trying to help them. Just, I like to depend on myself only. I guess it's because you can only really be sure of trusting yourself, but eh. Whoever. I haven't felt like /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife in years, so it's no fuss. :}

Yamaneko
07-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Apparently the only good use for friends is to get high with them.

Psychotic
07-23-2005, 01:47 AM
If I have a problem then other people are the last thing I need. I'm happy to give help to other people with their problems if they want it, but as for my own problems, then they really are my own problems.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Right so, to come to a conclusion, Everyone will listen to everyone else... but they wont talk about themselves to everyone else... ;_; that's confusing ;o

Doomie
07-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Keep things to myself. I don't want to bother anyone with the things that bother me. I became a cold-hearted person because of it, and it made me keep a distance from everyone. I believe that in the end, you're by yourself.

Rye
07-23-2005, 01:57 AM
I can only talk about my problems to certain people, I feel akward and a bit whiney if I do it with other people. I'm a pretty dependant person, I depend on very close friends to listen. I can't really solve my own problems very well on my own, I can only ignore them.

I listen when others have problems, and I try to help, or at least cheer them up.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I admire you Rye.

When I'm upset, I tend to back away from people, and hide away from everyone, but there's always someone that finds me and makes an effort. I really dislike it when people force me to tell them stuff. But those that are subtle about it (such as psy for instance) I find it easier to tell them stuff.

It just depends on trust and there's not many people I can trust.

FallenSilence
07-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Ihave two, maybe three, good friends that I can talk to if I'm feeling down, or if I'm feeling like I might do something stupid, but most of the time I just tend to withdraw and shut myself off.

-N-
07-23-2005, 10:55 AM
There's only two people I ever trust enough to open up to. Else, I'm on my own.

That's definitely how my dad raised me - to never unload on anyone else and essentially remain stoic. Of course, he's beginning to change his ways, but that doesn't automatically result in a change of my ways. :\ I wonder if that has to do with his upbringing, and the general upbrining of males in my culture? Or hell, any culture?

SilentBlade
07-23-2005, 10:58 AM
I have really good friends that seem a bit rough but when i nearly drowned in the swimming pool because I'm not a very powerful swimmer i found out how nice they were. I find it really hard to talk about my problems. Maybe all my friends being nice has something to do with going to only christian schools?

Devourment
07-23-2005, 11:04 AM
When I'm down or upset I prefer to be on my own. I normally go into to my room & listen to some music, or I'd go for a walk somewhere & relax. Listening to some emotional music makes me feel much better. If I'm upset I'll react to things very differentily than I normally would, say for example I would be quite quick to anger. I'm never really upset though, I'd only be upset if I lost a dog, friend, or relative. Other than that I don't get upset very easily.

I prefer to do things my way & I never really want anyone to help me out. If I'm going to get something done, then I'll get it done on my own. I'm a solitary person. But I do still appreciate the fact that that they care about me, I just prefer for them not to.

Shauna
07-23-2005, 11:25 AM
If I have any problems... I'd rather not talk to people about it. Cause, last time I talked to my friends about some things that were bothering me, it made everything worse. I no longer trust one of my friends, and that's cause I told her what was wrong... :-/

I guess... I'm awfully dependant on myself. I'll work through the problems on my own.
If something has upset me... people falling over themselves to try and cheer me up, just makes me feel worse, and then start crying again or whatever.
So, I'd try and avoid telling people, cause although they are trying their hardest to cheer me up, or comfort me, its just making me more upset.

I don't mind telling someone about it... normally my sister, she listens to all the crap that happens to me. And, it gets it off my chest, so I don't feel as bad. Or I put it on my LJ... it normally gets ignored, but... whaever.

But, if people have problems, I don't mind if they come to me to get something off their chest, but they can't expect any advice from me... I suck at giving advice. :(

Rusty
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I get stressed out quite a bit and I depend on my close family to help me calm down, otherwise I just get even more stressed out.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I get stressed out quite a bit and I depend on my close family to help me calm down, otherwise I just get even more stressed out.

<3

Shauna we all love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <333

Meat Puppet
07-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I pretend to go draw in to myself, just so my friends will try extra hard to help me.

Shauna
07-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Shauna we all love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <333

I didn't say you don't love me! ;)

When I was talking about my friends... RL 'friends'.

Spiffing Cheese
07-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I used to depend on my friends a lot (non-internet people), but after recent events with them, I don't. To be honest, several of them I wouldn't even trust to water my plants. There's a few who I trust and will actually talk to... but I prefer to keep my problems my problems.

It is weird; I actually come to internet people with my problems (and other stuff) more than I go to my friends and family. I don't know why.

Zeldy
07-23-2005, 12:05 PM
I rely on my Fwends so much! But i never really have any problems im always the one helping my friends with their problems. But when i do they're always there for me. Id be lost without my friends :(

Shlup
07-23-2005, 12:08 PM
I rely on my fiance if I need comforting, but that's about it. I only want to be comforted when I'm just plain stressed, and that's best done in ways that my friends certainly can't help me with.

Resha
07-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Hmm, sometimes I let it out in my diary or journal. ^_^ That helps. Maybe it is sort of burdening it on other people when I do it on my LJ, but honestly. xD Ignore it if you will. Other than that I'm basically self-dependent because at the end of the day it's just going to be me dealing with it, and no one else can help that. I just try and get rid of it ASAP, because other people have problems too and when you see people around you down, you kind of need to/want to stay up and sane yourself so that you can help them.

kikimm
07-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Eh....I don't know. I'll start off saying that I won't talk about anything, problems, whatever, but most of the time, I usually end up going to my friends. I get really stressed out really easily, because I think too much, which creates problems; and most of my friends, in real life, are really laid back, so that helps a lot. One of my friends is just so sensible, so nice, and I love him so much. xD

Sometimes it's easier talking to people online, though. There are a few people on here who are really easy to talk to, who I can trust, and whom I've probably dumped way too much of my problems on. :( I love them too.

:D

ZuZu
07-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I get stressed very easily. I usually try to solve my problems on my own but I usually need need my friends help too.
I have many friends who I can talk to and one very special who with I talk about everything.
Can't live without my dear friends.
I also listen my friends problems and they usually call me when they feel upset.