PDA

View Full Version : Another Appearance by Laguna?

Vengence
07-23-2005, 01:54 AM
I was reading the September 2005 issue of GamePro (Subscription) and the editors mentioned that Laguna from FFVIII may be making an appearance in this game. I was just wondering if anyone has heard about this and what their opinions about it are?

Destai
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM
Game pro? Is that some small time mag? Because I havent heard anything about Laguna in XII and if a small mag is the only source I wouldnt take it too seriously. Theres a character physically similar to Laguna whos the son of an arcadian emperor or something like that. He was in the most recent XII trailer.

nik0tine
07-23-2005, 04:17 AM
I don't know much about gaming magazines, but I don't think that gamepro is a small time gaming magazine.

Either way, it would be pretty cool if Laguna did make an appearance.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2005, 04:39 AM
GamePro has been spouting misinformation and general stupidity en masse since 1989.

Dreddz
07-23-2005, 09:56 AM
We would of known along time before them...

Destai
07-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Is that some small time mag?
GamePro has been spouting misinformation and general stupidity en masse since 1989. meh, same thing.

Vengence
07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
uh..I see you guys' points but....I thought GamePro was one of the top rated gaming magazines?? Did i miss something here? Personally I think that magazine is the best. A lot of the wrong information they give out is either just so they can get you thinking on a different track so you can be surprised when you actually play the game, or it is some kind of joke. That's why I asked if anyone else heard about this..

Vyk
07-23-2005, 10:36 PM
I used to get GamePro back in the Genesis/SNES days. One subscription. I let it run out. On purpose. Stupid mag. I have to agree with Kishi on that. Might be a popular magazine, but I wouldn't put much weight in anything they say.

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 11:10 AM
My first Post, how exiting, :)

Anyway, My only Hope is that they avoid Putting Laguna In FF XII. Let us pray Gamepro realy is a bunch of liers.

Don't know why, but i hate laguna for some reason.

ughhis
07-24-2005, 02:50 PM
There's a bishi man with long black hair and everyone
ZOMG IS LAGUNA CUS SEPH HAS WHITE HAIR LOL

"The dark-haired mans' name is Vayne Kaldas Soridor,"

FranXII
07-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Who? the guy that says "Dalmasca! Do you hate me? Why do you hate me.." guy? I think thats "supposedly" him...I'd expect him to be an old man XD

I think another Cid is in there...

xtreme112
07-30-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't think it'd be laguna, even if it did look like him, Laguna is a damn cool character, but he just wouldnt fit into the whole FFXII theme well...
But I'm sure you've all seen the newest news on the homepage of the site so there you go

Aphelion
07-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't like cameos... But if they're going to put a FF character in XII, it better be as a small appearance... It's hard to mantain a plot when there are too many characters referring to other great titles. But that's only my opinion...

TheAbominatrix
07-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Read the whole thread. Laguna is not appearing in FFXII. GamePro is full of it, and upon seeing a man with long black hair (who we know now as Vayne), they took the crazed fan route and decided it was Laguna, despite it being a different world, different game, and the fact that the guy looks nothing like him.

Aphelion
07-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I read the whole thread, I saw the pictures and everything, but don't get me wrong: I was talking about cameos in general. I wouldn't like to see FFXII with characters from other games just because it would be too hard to keep a plot going with characters from totally alternate universes.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

crashNUMBERS
07-30-2005, 06:14 PM
We would of known along time before them...
True...

Masamuneˇ1600
07-30-2005, 06:41 PM
This clearly proves that Future Esthar has taken up writing for GamePro.

kawakami Gensai
07-30-2005, 06:45 PM
yeah I agree with the fact that we would have known sooner if it indeed was laguna. And anyway, since the world of Ivalice is involved, how would laguna fit in?

lgrowse
08-14-2005, 12:48 PM
he is back because if you look at one of the trailers on ign it shows him talking to a few hundred men in a battle

Ouch!
08-14-2005, 07:05 PM
he is back because if you look at one of the trailers on ign it shows him talking to a few hundred men in a battle
And that would mean the guy is Laguna... why? Dude, it's already been made clear that he is not Laguna but a new character. Sheesh.

Lawr
08-17-2005, 08:04 AM

Why in the Frozen Sun of ours would he be
Laguna just because he is talking to hundreds
of people???

Its like saying Edward is Barret because
their in different Final Fantasies!

Sephiroths Clone
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
the guy that was talking to the big crowd name is Vayne. It was offically announced a while back.

Vertisce
08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Why would Laguna make an appearance? All of the Final Fantasy games were pretty seperate with regards to story line. I mean to say most of them didnt tie into the others in any way other than character appearances. I know Cloud was found in FF Tactics and Cid is in most games after FFVII in one way or another...but why Laguna? He wasnt even that cool.

brother's bigger brother
08-19-2005, 07:00 PM
its a shortcut for porgramers they just put pre saved bodys in

Nick Schovitz
08-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, probably the best resource for Final Fantasyin magazines is Playstation magazine and I don't think it's Laguna, probably someone that looks like him. Yeah, they're probably most definetly be another Cid in this one maybe even be relative to Ash like it was to Yuna and Garnet.

Shoeberto
08-19-2005, 09:47 PM
its a shortcut for porgramers they just put pre saved bodys in
There's a huge quality difference between the in-game models for FFXII and FFVIII, so that's doubtful.

And, honestly, who didn't think that Garnet was Rinoa when FFIX screens were first hitting the scene? And that Tidus was the same as Squall? I did. The character designers there have a bad habit of using exceedingly similar character designs in the games.

kikimm
08-20-2005, 01:57 AM
There are only so many pretty boys one can come up with.

They look slightly similar. End of story.

:D

UltimateSpamGrover
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Has there ever been a character-crossover from another FF in the past? I don't think so... Why start now?

That isn't Laguna.

Slothy
08-20-2005, 04:42 AM
GamePro has been spouting misinformation and general stupidity en masse since 1989.

I've found their coverage to be quite good actually, only in the last couple of years with the departure of some long time editors has the magazine really hit a bit of a slump if you ask me. And it's not like other gameing magazines don't get it wrong from time to time. I refuse to buy EGM because of their shoddy reporting. I've seen at least one instance of them reporting rumours as fact, and I don't even buy the magazine that often (usually only for reading material on long trips since I've already bought the other magazines that are a little more worthwhile. Haven't actually grabbed an issue in at least two years).

Regardless I've got the September issue, and all they say is there's a "mystery character who looks suspiciously like Laguna". They're not saying he'll make an appearance, and in fact calling him a mystery character shows they know nothing about him. At most I'd say said character could be an homage to FF8, and not a direct link, since the games take place in different worlds. Laguna wouldn't exactly be the first character to appear in more than one FF, even if this character only looks the same.