PDA

View Full Version : Some questions....

EL337
07-23-2005, 03:07 AM
which magic is stronger? Holy, Ultima or Flare?

and

where is the best place to train?

-TIDUS-
07-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Ummm.. You know I'd have to say Ultima but both work different against different enemies so I guess its a tie. Flare is like Ultima but not as good.You'll have to tell me what stage you are at in the game and I can help you to level up ( I helped so many ppl with this). But if you have the airship I suggest going to the Omega Ruins. If you don't have it or want to know more details on how to get AP ( Triple AP, etc.) Just give me a PM.

Shalashaska
07-23-2005, 07:28 AM
1. Ultima by far.

2. The AP trick (do a search).

Tai-Ti
07-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Ultima is the best, but they r all equal if u dont have break damage limit. ppl have thawt up ways where u can get loads of levels at a time, but, just for baisc leveling up, Omega ruins r da best, or, fighting fiends that give you lots of AP in the monster arena.

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2005, 11:02 AM
ultima.nuff said. kay?

Shalashaska
07-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Ultima is the best, but they r all equal if u dont have break damage limit.

Not true, Ultima hits all enemies where Holy and Flare only hit one. Also Ultima cannot be reflected or absorbed.

Sepho
07-24-2005, 02:55 AM
1. Flare and Holy are both elemental spells that hit a single target, while Ultima is a non-elemental magic that hits all enemies. All three spells can dish out 10k damage when used by a strong magic user, and on the right enemies, but Ultima is far superior because it can't be absorbed (due to it not being elemental) or reflected.

2. I do my training in the Omega Ruins after a certain point.

Tricia
07-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Ultima is the best spell in the game.

Also:
The best place to train is in the Monster Arena. Unlock every moster there then you can do the AP trick. Which gives you 99 sphere levels if you do it right.

EL337
07-24-2005, 07:45 AM
thanks...

what item do u need to get triple AP, i have double AP only.

oh yeah, im up to the final battle.

-TIDUS-
07-24-2005, 04:23 PM
You must have Rikku's customize technique, then once you do you use 50 Wings to Discovery and it gives a weapon the Triple AP abililty.

Ifrite
07-24-2005, 04:35 PM
OMEGA RUINS!! u can exp. as much as u have time to! i love that place!! :love:
me, myself, i think holy and ultima r the best magics of those three...

KuRt
07-24-2005, 08:49 PM
well every of those spells can deal 99999 later on but ultima hits every enemy. Exping happens in omega ruins or with don tonberry overdrive=AP, triple overdrive trick

T-MaN
07-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Personally, I prefer using Holy more than Ultima or Flare. It looks cooler. As said before, the Monster Arena is the best place to pump your characters. The Triple AP and Overdrive, and the Overdrive > Ap ability is also a good way to get stronger real quickly. Although it is a good thing, it does have its downside where it takes time to acquire those abilities.

syun_ukiya
07-26-2005, 03:01 AM
I think its ultima because you can double cast it.

abrojtm
07-26-2005, 06:52 AM
As it has been mentioned, Ultima is the most powerful spell (duh, it's called Ultima.

For AP, I'm sure you can find a zillion threads/FAQs about numerous AP tricks. I'd type it out if I could remember all of the requirements (i.e. how to unlock Don Tonberry, what items customize to Overdrive->AP, Triple Overdrive, etc.).

EL337
07-27-2005, 04:08 AM
what item do you need for triple overdrive? (and how much?)

Blitz Ace
07-27-2005, 06:25 AM
what item do you need for triple overdrive? (and how much?)

you need Winning Formula x30. i think you get 99 from unlocking one of the monster arena original creations, but im not sure which one... and im pretty sure that ultima buster drops them as well...

and ultima is the best...

syun_ukiya
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
What I understand from the AP trick is you have to let karma hit you and the damage should be 99999.. your character should be in stoic and the other two in comrade. It easier that way.. I believe I've read tons of versions saying you have to use the character with the lowest hp (eg. rikku). I used Tidus, he got hit by karma 99999dmg and with the AP weapons I got 99 sphere levels after!

I suggest you don't use auto-protect, and have auto-haste equipped.. auto-phoenix too, so you won't get hassled by healing.