PDA

View Full Version : Some drawings

Carlene
07-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Here's a coupla pics that I drew myself.

Tama2
07-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Fancy. Me likes.

Rengori
07-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Hell of a lot better than myself.

themagicroundabout
07-23-2005, 09:44 AM
they're all really good :bigbiggri

FallenSilence
07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I really wish I was that good.

GooeyToast
07-23-2005, 10:49 AM
They're fabulous dear.

Simply fabulous.

~Keep it gooey~

Cloud16
07-23-2005, 10:15 PM
*claps* Niiiice. v.v Now I must learn to draw.

Carlene
08-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Here's a FF pic for u all

black orb
08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
>>> I like the Yugioh one.. :D

that last draw is badass too..

tomamar04
08-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Wow. You're a truly a great artist

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Do an original one. There's more merit in that than there is in reproductions.

They're nice enough reproductions, though.

Chaos
08-16-2005, 11:23 PM
I like them, they are pretty good. :) You have a good skill with the pencil.
I agree with Kishi though - it would be better to do some originals. Still, noice. :)

Chaos

Necronopticous
08-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Draw me (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1266616)!

Nick Schovitz
08-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Umm there, okay but I know my friend Vincen and his wife can draw much better. They also do paint portraits.

Vyk
08-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Nick you're so sweet. I'll refrain from further comment, or I might get banned ^_^

As for the drawings, you deffinitely have some talent. I love that last one.

Ashley Schovitz
08-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Nick you're so sweet. I'll refrain from further comment, or I might get banned ^_^

As for the drawings, you deffinitely have some talent. I love that last one.
Umm, what are you saying to my man you can PM me or Nick if you're afraid of being banned, no one will know.

Spiffing Cheese
08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Umm there, okay but I know my friend Vincen and his wife can draw much better. They also do paint portraits.

That's nice of you.

I like them, the first one especially. =D

GooeyToast
08-17-2005, 01:36 AM
damn fine goo you got there

7 thumbs up and a cookie

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :cookie:

Rye
08-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Those are great. Don't listen to the rude comments in the thread. LOVE the FF one. :)

Trumpet Thief
08-17-2005, 02:22 AM
chaos: Great job! Keep up the good work! :D

ShunNakamura
08-17-2005, 03:03 AM
chaos: Great job! Keep up the good work! :D

Aggrees

Those are great. Don't listen to the rude comments in the thread.

and Aggrees.

Rusty
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
I love the Final Fantasy drawing :) You have talent.

Carlene
08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Here's some pics I drew myself. U know "my" pics. :) I have a few other ones but I don't know if it would be o.k. to put them on here.
Also to the "Nick" person. You shouldn't compare ppl to others. Coz EVERYONE is different! But then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

udsuna
08-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Pretty good. But very angular. To many "sharp" lines on the faces... that might not be your fault... how much digital work was done on them? And what, if any, programs were used?

Anyways, strait lines are a bad thing on human drawings, ESPECIALLY on the face. They create an inhuman, robotic and/or sinister look to people.

Carlene
08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, i don't know wat u mean by digital work. Coz all I did was scan them. So I dunno, but I'm guessing that might be a nice way of saying their really, really bad.

udsuna
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Digital work. Like photoshop editing and other stuff. Clearly you didn't, as you just said you only scanned them, so details aren't necessary.

And your drawings are *not* bad. They're pretty damn good, actually. But I pointed out what I considered the flaws, out of respect, actually. As an artist, I personally hate trying to get honest critique to point out the flaws in my work. All the "that's really good" gets on my nerves when what I really want is someone to tell me how to get better.

But if everything I found lacking in your work can be summed up in a couple sentances, then you're doing exceptionally better quality than most.

Carlene
08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
To many "sharp" lines on the faces... that might not be your fault... how much digital work was done on them? And what, if any, programs were used?

I took that as, if I used a program and did digital work they may have looked some what better, and I didn't make them look so Bad and that my lines that I've done make the drawings worser. (sharp lines)
I accept any suggestions from ppl and critism, but I just didn't know what u meant by that comment.

udsuna
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry, guess I could have been clearer. Don't worry, I'll be throwing up a new piece soon (in an hour or so) that you can critique me on :D It's only fair, after all.

Carlene
08-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Not to worry. At least I've got some areas I now "know" I need to work on. :) And hopefully get better. Oi, and If anyone knows how to draw a good nose and mouth please tell me. coz I did this pic and they're totally off!

udsuna
08-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Mouths are relatively easy. If the person is looking strait forward, the outside corner of the lips lines up directly with the pupils. Beyond that, you'll have to model after other sources until you get comfortable with shaping them yourself.

Noses, on the other hand, are a royal pain in the ***. Typically, I get lazy and under-emphasize the nose. Lower detail, more cartoonish, but serves its purpose most of the time.

Carlene
08-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for that. Hmmm.....I can never get them right. I find mouths r harder to draw then Noses :tongue: So I'll keep that in mind next time I draw a pic. Hopefully then it won't look so bad.

FallenSilence
08-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Haha, being a manga artist, I have no problem with those features.

Your drawings are excellent, in my opinion.

udsuna
08-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Haha, being a manga artist, I have no problem with those features.

Your drawings are excellent, in my opinion.

Of course... manga is supremely lazy when it comes to faces. I consider it a matter of professional pride to avoid ever drawing manga. Except once, just to prove that I actually can draw the stuff, because I'm like that. An artist should never criticize until he can perform such art himself.

And, yes, her drawing are *quite* good.

FallenSilence
08-21-2005, 06:13 PM
I consider it a matter of professional pride to avoid ever drawing manga.

Hmm...not a fan, then?

I draw it because I can't draw realistically. Believe me, I have tried.

udsuna
08-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Oh, manga certainly has a purpose. That purpose seems to be keeping the art from getting in the way of the story. Like a picture book, as opposed to a comic book where it's all art and little to no plot.

Rengori
08-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Oh, manga certainly has a purpose. That purpose seems to be keeping the art from getting in the way of the story. Like a picture book, as opposed to a comic book where it's all art and little to no plot.
You're not making any sense. Manga(s?) are comic books, and a lot of manga(s) have excellent story lines. If you're talking about American comic books, a lot of those have good storylines too.

Carlene
08-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Hey thanks Everyone for ur comments. It's great to hear feedback about ur work, especially the parts where u need to improve coz then how r u supposed to get any better? :) Thanks Doom and Udsuna.
To me I believe that the drawings in Manga, anime have to be just as good as the storyline. It's like watching a movie the actors have to look good to. :p