PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail

Leeza
07-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Does anyone here use Hotmail besides me? Yesterday, everything in my folders got wiped out and now I can't even log in. Has anyone noticed anything, or do I have some sort of bug in my computer?

-TIDUS-
07-23-2005, 07:09 AM
well i now that hotmail is working perfectly fine so you probably have a bug on your computer. That happens to me sometimes, try re-installing it. Or just wait a while before you try logging in again.

Mitch
07-23-2005, 07:10 AM
I haven't noticed anything of the like

Leeza
07-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Re-installing Hotmail? Hotmail isn't installed and I don't want to change my address. I've run Spybot and Adaware and they didn't pick up anything. My Messanger works just fine though.

neosephiroth
07-23-2005, 07:19 AM
It is MSNs fault. I run a MSN group and I have found alot of bugs and stuff dissapearing from it........lol

kikimm
07-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Hmm...I checked mine and it was okay.

I'm assuming you've logged in recently, so....hmm. When you try to log in, does it give you any options, or what does it say?

:D

Leeza
07-23-2005, 07:27 AM
When I try to log in, it loads exactly half way and then times out.

Endless
07-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Are you connecting to hotmail using a web browser or an email client?

Peegee
07-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Bizarre -- if you are using the webpage, try a client (unfortunately I think outlook is the only one that supports hotmail). If you are using the client, try the webpage.

Leeza
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
I just log in from http://hotmail.com, or I go through the MSN homepage that I have at work. I don't use Outlook. I guess this is the time where I switch to gmail fulltime, but I would like to know what's happening. Because if it is a bug I'd like to know so that I can reformat (yet again) as a last resort.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Bizarre -- if you are using the webpage, try a client (unfortunately I think outlook is the only one that supports hotmail). If you are using the client, try the webpage.

Hotmail has actually stopped access to the server through any client including Outlook. You can set up the account but it tells you that you are unauthorised to access it.

Leeza : If it was a bug, it'd most likely affect more than just the hotmail site. It's possible that your cookies are messed up.

Try emptying the cookies/cache and try again. If that doesn't work then I'm sorry I couldn't have been much more help ;(

Leeza
07-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks anyway, Lenna, but I did clear out all cache/cookies and it didn't help.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Sorry I can't be of more help then hun ;(

Endless
07-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Try this link: http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?lc=1036&id=2 (that's the page http://www.hotmail.com redirects me to)
It might display parts of the page in French, but the layout stays the same. At any rate, I just connected, and my folders are fine.

Samuraid
07-23-2005, 07:14 PM
See if a login at www.passport.com works (similar to what Endless said, but more generic). If it does, try then going to hotmail and you should stay logged in.

EDIT: That is funny, I'm logged in but I can't log out now. The logout page loads, but I'm still logged in...even after CTRL+F5. :rolleyes2

Yamaneko
07-23-2005, 07:21 PM
That passport thing is the devil.

Leeza: You should slowly start moving over to a better email service. Practically anyone can give you a gmail invite.

rubah
07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
That passport thing is the devil.

Leeza: You should slowly start moving over to a better email service. Practically anyone can give you a gmail invite.

Didn't she already say that she already has a gmail?

You might try borrowing a friend's computer and trying to log on from it and see if it still doesn't work.

Leeza
07-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Endless: That link is where it just times out for me.

Samuraid: I can log into Passport, but when I try to go to Hotmail it does the same thing, loads halfway and then times out.

Yams: I have gmail, but in order to fully use it I would have to go and change my email address at a zillion places first. I guess that's what I'll have to do though. I've got 50 invites left. Would you like another, Yams? :)

rubah: I tried from my other computer and it does the same thing for me on there as well. I'll try from work on Monday and see if that'll work, but that won't do me any good at home.

-N-
07-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Would you like a Gmail account? They are a little more reliable. ;)

Leeza
07-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Sure. Why not. I hear it's pretty good. :)

Psychotic
07-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Hotmail isn't working for me either. I can't access my account from the main site or from MSN Messenger, but I am still getting emails apparently.

Leeza
07-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah. When I have Messenger on I can see my email popups all the time.

Yamaneko
07-24-2005, 04:54 AM
I really should read everything. :)

Leeza
07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
We wouldn't want you to strain your eyes too much though. :)

Maybe the server that stores my e-mail is down and so I just can't access them. I'll just wait a few more days. :)

Peegee
07-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Must be a localised dns problem (maybe), because I can access hotmail from both the webpage AND outlook express.

Leeza have you tried outlook express? It's preinstalled with all windows versions (unfortunately)

Leeza
07-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I have Outlook Express. Never use it, but I tried getting Hotmail from there and <i>A time-out occurred while communicating with the server.</i>