PDA

View Full Version : Wouldnt This Be Cool

Dreddz
07-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Wouldnt it be cool if Square told us that all the FF games were set in the same world but in different time zones

Just a thought

Captain Maxx Power
07-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Well let's just consider the notion. For starts you've got major problems with geography. Granted FF6 showed us that it's possible for the world to be reshuffled, but you've got basically the complete re-working of the planet's structure, as well as the destruction of all of the major towns and cities. Then of course you've got natural laws changing, for example the use of Magic differs from FF to FF, so that would have to be different. Then you've got the fact that there must be a signficant amount of time/event between each game to stop the others from colliding with each other, especially in terms of Lore (like Squall learning about the blonde haired kid who killed a man in a hole). All of these facts collapse, however, if you were to state that these were parallel dimensions, since anything can go on when that occurs.

rubah
07-23-2005, 07:17 PM
No. This would not be cool. It would be very unfeasible as well.

Rengori
07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
No, not really.

Aphelion
07-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I understand your theory, but there are enough speculations and theories about it messing with our minds. If Square was to create a true link between FFs, it would be not only confusing, but maybe based on already existant "fan-made myths". So, I wouldn't like it at all.

ThroneofDravaris
07-23-2005, 07:51 PM
They are set in the same world: The world of imagination.

*Ducks as sharp objects fly towards head*

Christmas
07-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Possibly...let me see.....

FF2 take place 1 million years later than FF 1 after a giant chocobo fall from the sky and destroy everything including the landscape.

FF3 take place 2 million years later after a mad man wield a chain saw and went on a killing spree which killed almost every single living thing on the world then exploded which caused a major change in the land scape

FF4 take place 3 million years later after a unnamed immortal pee on the world which caused a humogous flood which destroyed everything and changed the landscape.

This is what the immortal said to the public in the newspaper : I thought it was a toliet bowl.....

And so the list goes on.... :D

BTW, I dun really think it will work ever since FF 6 left the theme of the crystal until FF IX which brought back the crystal. And we do know that the crystals is very important to the world in the old FF series.

Chris
07-23-2005, 09:20 PM
FFI = FFIX... 'nuff said.

blackchocobo9999
07-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I think they are all set in the same time era, just on differnt planets, in different universes, because one world might be more ecenomically developed then the other e.g FF9 and FF7, big difference in technology

Vyk
07-23-2005, 11:12 PM
There are hints that certain games in the series are related to other games in the series. But not all are related to each other. Like said, FF9 has suggestions toward FF1, that could just be one game giving harald to the last since FF9's whole point was to look back on the past in the franchise. Though it has also been noted that FF4 and 6 are related (Something to do with GoGo? I think. He was an enemy in 4? I never faced him, but that's what I've been told). Then there's I guess a hint in FFX-2 about the beginning of Midgar I think so the X ones are "possibly" related to 7. But really I think it's mostly just easter eggs and brain teasers. I doubt they SERIOUSLY intended any of the world to be related to any of the others (X and X-2 excluded of course. And the Tactics and such).

Dreddz
07-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Guess you lot dont agree with me

I think they are all set in the same time era, just on differnt planets, in different universes, because one world might be more ecenomically developed then the other e.g FF9 and FF7, big difference in technology
This is possible

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
There are hints that certain games in the series are related to other games in the series. But not all are related to each other. Like said, FF9 has suggestions toward FF1, that could just be one game giving harald to the last since FF9's whole point was to look back on the past in the franchise. Though it has also been noted that FF4 and 6 are related (Something to do with GoGo? I think. He was an enemy in 4? I never faced him, but that's what I've been told). Then there's I guess a hint in FFX-2 about the beginning of Midgar I think so the X ones are "possibly" related to 7. But really I think it's mostly just easter eggs and brain teasers. I doubt they SERIOUSLY intended any of the world to be related to any of the others (X and X-2 excluded of course. And the Tactics and such).

It was Actually FF 5 and six, but yes, GoGo is an enemy in five and ally in six. Though if you want something that connects the final fantasys there is always Final Fighting Fantasy, the story of what goes on after the games are all over.

Vyk
07-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the correction. That would explain why I never experienced it myself. I never played all the way through 5 ^_^'

Del Murder
07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Time zones? Like FFV was at 4:00 eastern, FFVI at 3:00 central?

Rengori
07-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Wouldn't it be the other way around?