PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Broadband

Kappy
07-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Hmm. I'm getting broadband very soon, and I'm not so sure what to get. I found Bulldog UK Broadband with 8mb/s connection, which is ridiculously fast for around £29.50 a month after the first free month.
I was considering this (I'm going to have buy a wireless connection and card for having the broadband on two computers for any service I buy, that's not a problem) as for all of it, it's suppose to be cheaper. But I've heard the customer and general service is appalling and is more trouble than it is worth.

I would like some recommendations on which broadband is best, whether I should stick with BT or go for some other service. The Bulldog sure seems tempting, but from what I've heard it should be avoided like the plague due to connection problems left, right, and centre.

Thank you :hat:

Rye
07-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I'd say Optimum Online, but Britain doesn't have that. Sorry. xD

Kappy
07-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks then. xD

crono_logical
07-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Bulldog has the worst service I've ever seen. I've not bothered to try to get it, but I know someone at work that's ordered 3 times from them now over at least 2 months, and is still having trouble chasing them up trying to get connected. Plus I think you'll only get that sort of speed in places like London anyway because of Britain's crappy phone exchanges :p You'll probably find it says "up to 8 mbps" in the small print because of this.

If you've heard about connection problems too (I haven't, since I don't know anyone that's actually successfully been connected to them yet in the first place), all the more reason to avoid them :D

Drift
07-23-2005, 02:38 PM
www.adslguide.org good website where you can compare them. I considered bulldog once, then i found out you have to change to an ntl line. And everyone knows NTL sucks. And OMG is this a serious thread in GC?!?!?!?! :O :eek:

Meat Puppet
07-23-2005, 02:40 PM
http://www.kinoweb.de/filme/Cableguy/pix/cabl02.jpg
this man helped me