PDA

View Full Version : Vivi and his head

Tedbear
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
i was just chilling out in the backgarden the other day, and i started thinking......if vivi is a robot thingy....what does his face look like......i mean, does he jus have 2 light bulbs with a hat hovering over them....for all we know, he could be the best looking thing since ...ummmmm...sliced bread

Christmas
07-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Now to come to think of it...

Anyone play Kingdom Hearts here?

Just catch a shadow and put Vivi's clothes on it and you will get Vivi. So Vivi is a heartless??? :D

LunaticPandora37
07-23-2005, 03:23 PM
YAY!!! FFIX was making a secret reference to KH...but square didn't want us to know... :fpninja: ...all right i'll go in and take a look at there new secret footage that they are holding till the TGS...and then...i'll bring back here...i hope... :fpninja:

and remember...
ORO?!

Floorgasborg
07-23-2005, 03:35 PM
No, you fools! Vivi's not a Heartless!
Anyone played Dark Cloud? Those little guys were rabbits! Therefore Vivi must be one, too, along with all the black mages!......It would explain why their hats are so large.

Masamuneˇ1600
07-23-2005, 05:39 PM
We're not meant to know what Vivi looks like. With all the "old school" elements in FFIX, his design was clearly intended to be reminiscent of previous FF black mages, who also shared the "face obscured in shadow" characteristic.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2005, 06:31 PM
The doujinshi authors tend to take the boring route and just make Hatless Vivi a kid with short blonde hair.

crashNUMBERS
07-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Does he even have a head??

Rhi
07-23-2005, 08:23 PM
it is a mystery that we may never solve...

Floorgasborg
07-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Sure we can solve it. Just steal his hat.
But noone's gonna be that mean to the little guy.

Lenna
07-23-2005, 09:31 PM
YAY!!! FFIX was making a secret reference to KH...but square didn't want us to know... :fpninja: ...all right i'll go in and take a look at there new secret footage that they are holding till the TGS...and then...i'll bring back here...i hope... :fpninja:

and remember...
ORO?!

That's a bit silly seeing as Kingdom Hearts is a newish game and all black mages have plain black faces with white eyes. That's what all the black mages look like in practically every FF game with classes. So FF isn't copying KH, KH is either basing the Heartless on the Black mages or it has nothing to do with them period :).

http://squarenet.gamigo.de/gfx/ff5/review/ff5_image_3.jpg
FF5. Lenna happens to be the black mage there :P

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff1/screens/gbaff1036.jpg
FF1 :)

Floorgasborg
07-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Nicely observed Lenna. I'm surprised I didn't actually realise what it was that that Pandora Lunatic (sorry, too tempting) was saying. Cute screenshots too!

Vyk
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
You goofs. He's obviously Orko's cousin (y'know, from the old He-Man show? x_x)

Del Murder
07-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I think there are just two glowing orbs under it.

Christmas
07-24-2005, 03:40 AM
That's a bit silly seeing as Kingdom Hearts is a newish game and all black mages have plain black faces with white eyes. That's what all the black mages look like in practically every FF game with classes. So FF isn't copying KH, KH is either basing the Heartless on the Black mages or it has nothing to do with them full stop .

Hey, we were just joking. :p

boys from the dwarf
07-24-2005, 08:26 AM
You goofs. He's obviously Orko's cousin (y'know, from the old He-Man show? x_x)
orkos a dickhead for copying vivi other than that hes cool.if vivi was copying orko so what?what was created first FF1 or shewoman and the jackasses of the multiverse?if FF was created first that proves they copied FF.

Lionx
07-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Kishi: Doujins yes, please D:

That and i think he is Kuja's face.

Slade
07-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Under his hat, Vivi looks like Powdered Toast Man..........trust me

Big D
07-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Vivi's not a "robot", even though he was created.

There's a line of dialogue where Eiko asks Vivi, "why the long face?" and Vivi replies with "oh... my face always looks like this".

Clearly, Vivi does have a face that's both visible and recognisable to people who can see him up close.

boys from the dwarf
07-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Vivi's not a "robot", even though he was created.

There's a line of dialogue where Eiko asks Vivi, "why the long face?" and Vivi replies with "oh... my face always looks like this".

Clearly, Vivi does have a face that's both visible and recognisable to people who can see him up close.
:thumb:

Tedbear
07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
jesus...and i thought no one would give a damn........hmmmmmmm.....maybe, just maybe when god was handed out faces, vivi was at the back of the cue....or maybe jus not it at all

Floorgasborg
07-24-2005, 11:33 PM
just maybe when god was handed out faces, vivi was at the back of the cue....or maybe jus not it at all
Lol!! It would appear so. The black mages were too busy elsewhere to be in the line for faces. Or maybe they weren't invited in the first place, and they felt so bitter at not being invited that they learned Black magic to give everyone else a right proper thrashing!

true_bacon22
07-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Ok i think vivi and the other black mages look like other humans but theres three diffrent black mages types like the skinny one shave a diffrent face the fat ones have a diffrent face the sorta fat ones have a diffrent faceand vivi has a completly difrent face frommall of em thats what makes him special hes a real boy! considering he has a concuis. cuz you know in ff5 they would look normal but if you made thema black mage they would look shadowed i think its just what a black mage looks like and i didnt think kingdom heart was a good idea disney+final fantasy nu uh :cry:

Wiegrahf42
07-31-2005, 02:56 PM
The real question is how Vivi had children. Clones I assume. Though there is a theory that he died. :cry:

* White Aeris *
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
The real question is how Vivi had children. Clones I assume. Though there is a theory that he died. :cry:
yeah...thats so sad ... :crying:

abrojtm
07-31-2005, 06:05 PM
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/pics/vivi-01.jpg -

Also, He-Man was originally released in 1983. Final Fantasy I was released in 1987. So Orko did come first. You can decide for yourself whether Black Mages were based on him.

LunaticPandora37
08-01-2005, 01:52 AM
i'm back...and i figured out that vivi...is in fact....A JA-BOO-BLUE-BLAH!!! HA...take that you magnificent stero-typical bastard you!!!

and remember..ORO?!

General-Beatrix
08-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Couldn't Vivi be a black head with two yellow eyes?

off-topic:How DID vivi have children.

Rengori
08-01-2005, 05:34 AM
It's obvious Vivi is Orko cosplaying as an FF black mage. GAWD!

chocobo hunter
08-05-2005, 07:44 PM
but whats with his powers then if hes just cosplaying

Karl
08-05-2005, 09:10 PM
did that orko guy have any powers? what did he do in that crazy weird old cartoon

Chris
08-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I''ve always imagined Vivi's "body" to be some kind of a fog.

Guitar Woman
08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
This is what Vivi looks like under his hat:
http://www.quad9dyne.com/waat/vivihat.htm

abrojtm
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
did that orko guy have any powers? what did he do in that crazy weird old cartoon

Magic and crap, although he tended to be clumsy and like miss the enemies and crap.

Aidan
08-06-2005, 10:39 PM

roflmfao. we all know why vivi looks like that. hes obviously a negro/african american, what with all the black skin. as for hair, i think guitar woman hit it right on the dot. or maybe he really does look like what he looks like with the hat on, and the hat provides no shadowing whatsoever.

Karl
08-07-2005, 05:40 AM

Magic and crap, although he tended to be clumsy and like miss the enemies and crap.

therefor he is exactly the same as vivi, vivi is clumsy always tripping and stuff, and he misses with his magic during the play in the begining of the game

and guitar woman, you have the best sig ever :love: :lol: :thumb: :bigbiggri

Guitar Woman
08-07-2005, 06:37 AM

Isn't that the guy from He-man? I'm not sure, I haven't seen that show since my childhood, aeons ago. :(

abrojtm
08-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Isn't that the guy from He-man? I'm not sure, I haven't seen that show since my childhood, aeons aago. :(

Read page one ;).

Guitar Woman
08-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Well, now that you said that, I know he is and I don't need to. Thanks ;<

metal4deth
08-07-2005, 07:56 AM
vivi's a black shadow

Aidan
08-07-2005, 12:29 PM
or he is really does function like a human, and looks like a real boy under his hat. who knows, who cares. it doesnt matter. you guys give it way too much thought. the best part of it, is the mysterious aspects of it. id rather not know, seeing as square made it that way. better off not knowing, because thats half the fun.

* White Aeris *
08-07-2005, 12:46 PM
i love that website!

Rostum
08-07-2005, 01:33 PM
He just wears a black sock over his head.

Aidan
08-07-2005, 02:51 PM
maybe hes the true hamburglar culprit.

Karl
08-07-2005, 07:49 PM
or he is really does function like a human, and looks like a real boy under his hat. who knows, who cares. it doesnt matter. you guys give it way too much thought. the best part of it, is the mysterious aspects of it. id rather not know, seeing as square made it that way. better off not knowing, because thats half the fun.

good luck with that, i said something like that in the vivi at the end thread and it sure didnt stop people from posting what they thought

Aidan
08-07-2005, 08:06 PM
i didnt say post your opinions. i just said imo, not knowing is half the fun of it. you seriously expected square to make people think how vivi had children? no... they didnt think any of the players would give vivi and his children that much thought. hell, im almost 100% posotive that the creators didnt give it any more thought than me.

Christmas
07-21-2022, 03:01 AM
Now to come to think of it...

Anyone play Kingdom Hearts here?

Just catch a shadow and put Vivi's clothes on it and you will get Vivi. So Vivi is a heartless??? :D

Yes. Vivi is a heartless asshole that ditched his offsprings and go to heaven to make more babies. :mad2:

Mr Gashtacular
07-21-2022, 09:50 AM
the mages are manufactured, but dont the mages come from some kind of egg? or is that some kind of growing pod? there are lots of unanswered questions about the mage manufacturing process.

Quindiana Jones
07-21-2022, 04:18 PM
Black Mages are just wet egg stuffed into magic clothing to keep them from pooling on the ground. The face is the yolk.

Mr Gashtacular
07-21-2022, 05:24 PM
dont count ur vivis before they are hatched!!!!!

Mr Gashtacular
07-21-2022, 05:25 PM
vivi was probably like 7 years old tops when he died and then 80% of players didnt even notice.

Tigmafuzz
07-27-2022, 12:28 AM
I thought Vivi made magic babies with Quina

They were married, after all