PDA

View Full Version : I went ol' school

Myself^2
07-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I just played through and beat FF Mystic Quest.
It was really fun too.
Anyone else played it?
I'm sure someone has.

Actually, I liked it a lot more then I thought I would.

Aphelion
07-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I've beaten it, and it's a pretty good game, but it has no depth in its battle system or any innovation at all. I liked it, though not as much as any other FF title.

Myself^2
07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah. I didn't like it as much as like FF5 and up or something, but I really liked how you could use your weapons out of battle to do things. And you could jump too.

Christmas
07-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah. I didn't like it as much as like FF5 and up or something, but I really liked how you could use your weapons out of battle to do things. And you could jump too.

Then I reckon you prefer games that is like Kingdom Hearts where you really can fight and jump instead of waiting for your turn to attack.

Myself^2
07-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually, no.
I am an ATB man.
To be honest, action games like KH get kinda annoying with the repetive mashing of a single button, ya know.

rubah
07-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I sorta got bored about halfway through xD I liked it though-- the graphics were rather pretty.

KoShiatar
07-23-2005, 08:37 PM
I have played it, but note beaten it since I did not really like it. One day, if I'm bored, I might try to go on...

BG-57
07-24-2005, 04:36 AM
It's a cute little game.

I liked the dungeons and music. I also liked the way the monsters were visible. I prefer that to random encounters.

It becomes pathetically easy once you get a reliable way to replenish MP, though. Also the two-party system makes it very easy to get wiped out if a character dies or gets petrified.

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Mystic quest was alright, but way to easy. No real depth, and you don't even get to take the cool character with you to the last fight. Though i had a lot of problems with it, its good if your in a mindless state and want to play a refeshingly simple game.