PDA

View Full Version : can i ask somethin

bumchum kev
07-23-2005, 09:24 PM
this might make me sound like a total noob but can i ask anyway.

i have heard a lot from my friends about the story line, i have heard that cloud and zack were clones of sephiroth, i have heard that sephiroth has cloned himself, i hav heard that sephiroth is a clone of cloud.

please will someone clear this all up for me and tell me what really happened. is cloud a clone? does sephiroth have clones?

plz someone help (sorry for my noobishness)

Cloud16
07-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Cloud is the clone... I think. It has been a while sense I have played or even talked about FFVII... So if this isnt right, sorry 'bout that.

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
there are loads of sephiroth clones but although cloud was considered the failed experiment he was the only good one.red XIII has a number tattoo but is not a clone of sephiroth or even a clone.to explain cloud and tifa growing up together seems as cloud is only 5 years old even though he looks 22(or 21 i forgot his age.)jenovas powers replaced the memorys of zack with cloud.

NeoTifa
07-23-2005, 10:26 PM
ermm... ive never heard the jenova part, but that might be due to my mom yelling and i lost concentration :p anyways. cloud is a clone of sephiroth, is he not?

Vyk
07-23-2005, 11:05 PM
That's BS. Are you saying Tifa grew up with Zack? Aeris might be sweet on Cloud because of his resemblance to Zack, but Tifa actually KNOWS Cloud. Knew him well enough to SEE that he was acting like someone else. False memories. But she had enough forsight to not mention it and stayed by his side to learn more and eventually coax his subconcious back to his real persona. Cloud is Cloud. He certainly had experiments done to him involving Sephiroth and the attempt to re-create what they did with Seph, but he wasn't grown in a tube. As far as I'm aware he didn't even have the tattoo himself. Granted it's been years since I touched FF7 but it was a favorite of mine. I'm not even going to attempt to explain things I know nothing about. But Cloud deffinitely grew up with Tifa. It wasn't a figment of his imagination (even though most things he remembers are).

Kappy
07-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Cloud is not a clone at all.
He grew with Tifa in Nibelheim, that's that. It was after Cloud and Zack were captured that they were "experimented" on per se, Cloud was infused with mako. This is why he has a glow in his eyes.
After they escaped and Zack was shot (Cloud was pretty much incapable to do anything at this moment because his body was in shock. He was deemed as good as dead and was left next to the dying Zack). Cloud woke up in a muddle, took Zack's Clothes and sword and assumed his identity. From then on his head was a mess of Zack's and Cloud's true personality. Before his head is sorted, he suffers from this disorder and in many places has strange conversations with himself.
I'm not too sure about this next part, but I believe Cloud told Hojo he was experimented on, which lead Hojo to believe he was one of his failed Sephiroth clone experiments (the project he started on to, obviously, clone Sephiroth after he was presumed dead following the events of 5 years ago), which explains the reasons that Hojo continuingly refers to him as a failed experiment; whereas in fact he is not.

Desperado
07-24-2005, 03:13 AM
I believe Cloud told Hojo he was experimented on, which lead Hojo to believe he was one of his failed Sephiroth clone experiments. Hojo continuingly refers to him as a failed experiment; whereas in fact he is not.

Of course he is. A 'Sephiroth clone' just has some Jenova cells in them, like Sephiroth did. That's what happened to Cloud and Zack, and if Zack had lived he would have been drawn to the Reunion just like everyone else.

Squall of SeeD
07-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Just to clarify for everyone, Cloud is a Sephiroth Clone. However, that does not mean he is a genetic duplicate. Remember that "Clone" is not being used in the same context as it is commonly known in the Western world. All that a Sephiroth Clone happens to be is someone that has been infused with Mako and injected with JENOVA's Cells. That's it.

Hojo only believes Cloud to be a failure, by the way, because Cloud told him so and cited his lack of a tattoo as proof. Cloud thinks so because Sephiroth told him so to mess with his head. Sephiroth was lying and Cloud and Hojo were wrong.

By the way, Zack wouldn't have been dragged to the Reunion. He had a strong will and was a member of SOLDIEr. SOLDIERs were not forced to go, as made evident by the Junon Accessory Shop merchant.

Anyway, here are articles that explain all of this:

http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/cloudsstory.html
http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/Voice.html
http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/cloudssanity.html
http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/YearsAway.html
http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/Failure.html

Vyk
07-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Always a pleasure SeeD. Thanks for clarifying ^_^

MAS82587
07-24-2005, 06:53 PM
sos to the rescue!

KuRt
07-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Cloud is Sephiroth´s clone and has Zack´s memories.

bumchum kev
07-24-2005, 09:30 PM
thx guys and gals for clearing that up for me.

as i probably sed before i was confused about it, thx for all the thoughts.

ur all gr8

final fantasy 7 will live as a legend to all games, or just a legend in general

Fonzie
07-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Well... Know you know, because knowledge is power!!!! :thumb:

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Cloud is Sephiroth´s clone and has Zack´s memories.

He doesnt have Zack's memories. He's using some of what Zack told him, deluding himself into thinking that he was the one in SOLDIER and not the grunt. That's it. Nothing beyond that. Everything else is his own.