PDA

View Full Version : adel male or female

sayen
07-23-2005, 09:55 PM
most people say that adel is female or call him/her sorcerress. where i think its a male so its sorcuer thingy not sorceress wich is female term.

Floorgasborg
07-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I believe Adel is female, not only because of the terminal use of the word 'sorceress' in FFVIII, but the name is rather feminine in itself, anybody agree?
Adel reminded me of Kefka, a little bit, with all the weird makeup and costume....so....there's a chance that Adel is male.
Meh, I'm not so convinced. It makes more sense if Rinoa was tied to a sorceress than a dirty old man with facepaint and a dress <shudders>

Sir Bahamut
07-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Err, Adel is specifically labelled a female in the game. She is referred to as "she", as well as sorceress, a purely female term. If 'she' was really a 'he', 'he' would have been labelled after that.

Future Esthar
07-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Adel is both a male and a female.

Floorgasborg
07-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Any proof of that? Or are you just going by looks. And if you are, you have a strong argument, there xD
Otherwise, it'd be mean to assume one gender is the other, especially if Adel worked very hard to become a sorceress, only to be labelled as androgenous by everyone who encounters her.

TheSpoonyBard
07-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Adel is female, no doubt about it. I truly cannot understand why people have so many problems distinguishing a character's gender. To me it is quite obvious that Kefka and Kuja are male and Adel is female. I can see though why there may be some ambiguity surrounding characters such as Gogo and Quina, but then again that mystery is intentional.

Destai
07-23-2005, 10:48 PM
I dont think theres any point in the game where Adel is considered a he. Adel is generally a female name and is always referred to as a sorceress, hence female like every other sorceress in the game. There werent any sorcerers.

Any proof of that?chances are, no.

rubah
07-23-2005, 11:04 PM
I think the proper term is "Shemale"

But I think only women are sorceresses, so go figure.

sparkie
07-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Oh god no.....

I'm 100% sure Adel is a female unless the game is lying, like some people claim. :rolleyes2 I must admit I was a little confused when I first saw her but... meh, what are ya gonna do? Some people just look different. :D Maybe she got an overabundance of testosterone in her system from being a sorceress and that made her have more manly features. It's possible. Ever seen those female bodybuilders?

kikimm
07-24-2005, 02:07 AM
The creaters obviously meant for Adel to be female, because she is referred to as such by the company, as a "she" and a "sorceress." Therefore she is female.

No arguing.

:D

Tricia
07-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Adel is female, obviously. The game actually said Sorceress Adel a few times in the game. Enough times to see that she's a female.

sparkie
07-24-2005, 02:52 AM
Hey did you guys notice the Google ad at the top? "Male Female Sale: New & used Male Female. Check out the deals now!" :lol:

Christmas
07-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Adel is a female and the explaination for such a manly body is that she just like body building at the gym or black magic caused her body to deformed.

Xaven
07-24-2005, 03:14 AM
You just keep telling yourself that, okay?

boys from the dwarf
07-24-2005, 08:23 AM
to my disbelief she is a female.dont ask me why or how she just is.

lionhearted
07-24-2005, 08:05 PM
She's obviously a female, but her manly features make this debate possible. :D

Sefie1999AD
07-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Adel is a female. It's said several times in the game. I originally thought she was a man, though that was until I realised that not only she's a Sorceress, but also referred to as 'she'.

EDEA: "Sorceress Adel is the type who will not hesitate to use her powers for her own selfish desires. Should Sorceress Ultimecia from the future bequeath her anger and hatred unto Adel, their power would be unimaginable..."

ZELL: "And, ah... Oh yeah, the Galbadian military is controlling Lunatic Pandora. They excavated it from the ocean where Esthar sank it years ago. Inside the Lunatic Pandora, there's this thing called a 'Crystal Pillar'. It calls monsters from the moon. The monsters came falling from the moon. Total panic down here. It wasn't just monsters that came falling down. Sorceress Adel came down along with the machine that confined her. I guess the stream of falling monsters engulfed the machine. Lunatic Pandora caught Adel from that stream! Dr. Odine thinks that may have been Galbadia's true intent. Meaning..."

LAGUNA: "Adel was careless. She may be a sorceress, but after all, she was human. We succeeded... But... we couldn't keep such a dangerous sorceress around as a trophy. We had to do something... So... we decided to send her far away... Some place very far... Into outer space..."

(When scanning Adel) "Esthar's ruler before Laguna and company confined her. Released by Ultimecia, and regaining strength."

I rest my case.

Squall of SeeD
07-24-2005, 09:07 PM
As noted, Adel is referred to as a female by the game on several counts through the use of feminine-speficic nouns and pronouns. She is a female, period.

Her appearance is a result of her use of Black Magicks, which inevitably cause physical deformities in Witches (refer to Edea's elongated hands and the veins growing across her face, for instance, or the large worm-like Witch encountered as SeeD travels to the future).

Destai
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Her appearance is a result of her use of Black Magicks, which inevitably cause physical deformities in Witches (refer to Edea's elongated hands and the veins growing across her face, for instance, or the large worm-like Witch encountered as SeeD travels to the future).Does an npc mention that somewhere? I always thought Edeas clothes were just an exotic dress style or something.

Future Esthar
07-24-2005, 09:36 PM
I am sure there is an obvious reason for Adelīs appearance as a man with is related to Black magic.However it must had been an instantaneous special magic she receive on the past since we donīt see Adel changing everytime she used a magic.
(Just read it PLEASE :cry: donīt start a debate on this PLEASE :cry: )

Sir Bahamut
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't mean to break your heart now Future, but it's likely that it wasn't just one spell; it was the continuous use of many spells. In other words, one spell alone didn't deform her, but continous use did.

bipper
07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
SHHHHH! The last great game to have a topless chick in it with a "t" rating. Now some really protective parent will read this thread and FFVIII will be recalled and go from T to Ao.

Hrm.. caus you know the GTA change from M to Ao was HUGE. Added a year onto the ESRB age prerecs. lol

But if it was a sorceress, then it was female. I see it as being that easy /shrug. Unless its a mistranslation but till then - she was one dudlie chick. But nuff bout her -- what about that FFXII main character - she is hot~! :rolleyes2

Bipper

Future Esthar
07-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Do you people ever thought that people call her sorceress maybe because Adel presents herself as a sorceress.But since she is possessed by Ulti,Ulti can be lying.Thatīs just a possibility.

bipper
07-24-2005, 11:47 PM
They say they locked her up there after the sorceress wars right? And that the sorceress took control of Esthar.

I guess i see your point though. I mean - George bush may start the sorceress wars and he isnt a sorceress. So i guess we wouldnt call it "Operation Dusty Bush" Or anything - sorceress war would make a lot more sence.

I hope i dont get drafted :mad:

Bipper

Squall of SeeD
07-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Her appearance is a result of her use of Black Magicks, which inevitably cause physical deformities in Witches (refer to Edea's elongated hands and the veins growing across her face, for instance, or the large worm-like Witch encountered as SeeD travels to the future).Does an npc mention that somewhere? I always thought Edeas clothes were just an exotic dress style or something.

It's in the Ultimania, as I recall.

Destai
07-25-2005, 03:36 AM

It's in the Ultimania, as I recall.*googles it* ah I see. I never realised they translated those. I might try picking some up on ebay.

Squall of SeeD
07-25-2005, 04:16 AM
*googles it* ah I see. I never realised they translated those. I might try picking some up on ebay.

Actually, they didn't, sadly. Which really sucks. A lot. I own most of them, not that I can translate them very effectively on my own.

Slade
07-25-2005, 05:53 AM
Female. The game says it. Although her chest says otherwise...... :eek: .....its so....manly!

Yuffie514
07-25-2005, 08:05 AM
manly woman and ew scary.

rubah
07-25-2005, 08:14 AM

It's in the Ultimania, as I recall.

I thought it said in the Help-Info menu that being a sorceress changed your appearance.

boys from the dwarf
07-25-2005, 12:25 PM
shes a man-lady.actually id call her a thing.adel is an it.(i know shes a she but come on.just look at her!)

Future Esthar
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
When you find the origins of sorceress Adel you will know why.

Destai
07-25-2005, 01:28 PM
When you find the origins of sorceress Adel you will know why.Was it drawn on the wall of Ultimecias castle by any chance?

Christmas
07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Just cast scan on Adel... :p

Destai
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Just cast scan on Adel... :pBah...

Christmas
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
When you find the origins of sorceress Adel you will know why

And if you want to reveal it, pls kindly reveal in one of your threads, we dun want the "plague" to spread too far.

liamo
07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
a big honking transexual is what i thought

Future Esthar
07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Sorceress Adel has not double personality.She has octo-personality.

CaladBolgLionHeart
07-25-2005, 10:15 PM
There's, of course, always the possibility that Adel is just a drag queen? *SHRUGS*

Mercen-X
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
it must had been an instantaneous special magic she receive on the past since we donīt see Adel changing everytime she used a magic.
Well you don't see body-builders growing in size simply by lifting a weight. Through repeated use of these factors that change one's physical form, one will gradually change. Remember, body-builders still have to eat, drink, and sleep before their bodies can compensate for the what they've put themselves through.

Future Esthar
07-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Yes but this is not the case,I am telling ya.I know the origins of Adel.

bipper
07-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Ok so Adel is Dudlie- who was its knight?

After compiling information from another thread here I must say that i fee that Adel's Knight is infact Zell.

So there you have it - Zell was not gay - his tastes are just odd.

Sure you can say that he fights against her but she was possessed :)

Bipper GOES!

Del Murder
07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Future Esthar, you have been told not to bring your theories in to other people's threads, so don't do so here. Please only discuss things that have actual in game evidence (via script or images) to back it up.

Fonzie
07-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Hahahahahaah Future got told.

Christmas
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Like I said:

And if you want to reveal it, pls kindly reveal in one of your threads, we dun want the "plague" to spread too far.

And further added by Del:

Please only discuss things that have actual in game evidence (via script or images) to back it up.

so just stick on your own threads and stop making anymore threads and ignore the older ones. :mad:

liamo
07-26-2005, 02:16 PM
he isn't gonna start going on about how he knows all about the originals of adel with some half arsed concived theorie is he?

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 05:32 PM
s/he looks like a male, close enough

Rinoa_Heartillly
07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
o.0 That's a good question! I have no idea, I always called her a shim( she/him ) but...I'm guessing it's part female, I could be wrong...but it looks like part dude too.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
She looks like one of those manly tennis chicks with hairy armpits.

crazybayman
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorceress Adel has not double personality.She has octo-personality.
Take that, Plague!!

:twak:

Kakashi509
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Adel is genderless in my point of veiw

Polaris
08-02-2005, 10:33 AM
if they call Adel 'Sorceress', Adel must be a female!

G SpOtZ
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
did she have boobs? or were they covered by rinoa in the fight? or maybe u could see in one of the fmv's. or maybe she's flat. or instead of boobs has strong muscular pecs? hahaha thas funny. this is all just funny.

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2005, 06:44 PM
did she have boobs? or were they covered by rinoa in the fight? or maybe u could see in one of the fmv's. or maybe she's flat. or instead of boobs has strong muscular pecs? hahaha thas funny. this is all just funny.

Hard to tell...like one of those body builder chicks

SammieBabe
08-03-2005, 12:50 AM
My guess is just a big, bufugly woman......

thw waxing moon
08-05-2005, 03:02 PM
is female eder refores to her as her/she

chocobo hunter
08-05-2005, 03:47 PM
i thought that you could only be a decendant of hyne if you were female? so she has to be female or she wouldnt have any powers

sparkie
08-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Maybe she was originally supposed to be a male bad guy but then square decided it didn't fit the story but it was too late because they had already created her character and it would be too much work to redo it so they just left her/him like that.

*shrug* :D

MushroomZOMBIE
08-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Therefore....it's a woman in a guy's body :D

Laugh at face of Danger
08-06-2005, 05:23 PM
she wouldn't be a sorceress if she wasn't female, she'd be a sorcerer...and also a guy

but we take for granted in the game that all the magic practicers are girlies, sorceress Edea, Rinoa and Ultimecia....they're all girls so Adel probably is too