PDA

View Full Version : Punk Rock.

nik0tine
07-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Anybody here a fan of Punk Rock? What are your favorite punk bands? I'm looking for some new punk, so could any of you hand out some recommendations? Odds are I already listen to what you're going to recommend, but you never know.

Rye
07-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Tsunami Bomb?

EDIT: Schoolyard Heros are pretty good too. :)

ZeZipster
07-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Rise Against, Millencolin, Rufio, Never Heard Of It, Gob, Bad Religion, The Ataris, The Living End, Normal Like You, The Spunks, Billy Talent, Avenged Sevenfold, Sanowan, Lost Prophets, Socratic, Marigold, The Big Collapse, MxPx, The Mile After, Me and Three Others, Picastro, Relient K, NOFX, Cadence, Inner Surge, Dead City Sunday, Over It, Sunset Fiction, Strung Out, Turn of the Screw, Thrice, The Used

If you want to find new music checkout www.purevolume.com or www.myspace.com. You'll find a lot of underground and upcoming bands there.

Hawkeye
07-24-2005, 01:05 AM
What about punk rock?

nik0tine
07-24-2005, 01:29 AM
What about punk rock? ha..ha..ha..

Sweet Beloved
07-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Hawk Nelson. I love them so much I made an avatar of the lead singer!!! Lol.
And MXPX.

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Well, ya know I am nik. Active in the scene and everything, I get to see Fleas and Lice soon (funds willing), but I missed The Partisans! *cry*

So anyway, as for the punk I like; The Adicts, Narcoleptic Youth, The Misfits, Swindle, Chaos UK, UK Subs, US Bombs, Total Chaos (I like a few of their songs, they piss me off on the whole), Fleas and Lice, The Partisans, Cocksparrer, Guitar Wolf, Melt Banana, Naked Aggression/Meet the Virus, All or Nothing H.C. (the lead singer comes into my friends work all the time! xD), 46 Short, The Scarred, The Crass, Cheap Sex, and The Skulls. That list is very much cropped for time.

My local venue is www.showcasetheare.com, it's like a home away from home. The bouncers are great and the owner is awesome, all my friends and 'children' are there. Yay for real punk rock musak!

DK
07-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Simple Plan are punk as hell. =)

Rye
07-24-2005, 01:55 AM
Simple Plan are punk as hell. =)

Yeah man, I was moshing at one of their concerts the other day. I own those other 11 year olds, I knocked one down! xD

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 01:55 AM
You two make baby Jesus cry xD

Meat Puppet
07-24-2005, 09:04 AM
while I found it easy to get into my the punk scene in my high school, once I got into the real world and got cold and scared I just could not handle it anymore :(

Princess_Yuna
07-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Sexpistols of course!!!!!!!I love them!

Mitch
07-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I like oldschool punk like The Clash, Sex Pistols and The Ramones, but not much of the newer stuff, escept fro Blink 182 and Rancid (Not really new either)

Spiffing Cheese
07-24-2005, 09:39 AM
I like oldschool punk like The Clash, Sex Pistols and The Ramones, but not much of the newer stuff, escept fro Blink 182 and Rancid (Not really new either)

<33 The Clash, Sex Pistols and The Ramones. Rancid are okay.

Princess_Yuna
07-24-2005, 09:56 AM

<33 The Clash, Sex Pistols and The Ramones. Rancid are okay.
Good!!!!!!!!!!!

Leene
07-24-2005, 10:03 AM
:save:I reccomend you:The Vandals,Anti-Flag,Bad religion.:save:

tailz
07-24-2005, 10:34 AM
well uhm how bout

offspring
green day
blink 182
sum 41
lost prophets

have fun

punk rock rulez

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Must... resist... urge...

Anyway, I do suggest delving deeper into the genre, past the more famous (but still good) bands like The Ramones and The Sex Pistols, and far far past the pop-punk/not at all punk stuff listed around here. There's some truly great music waiting out there. It's very hard to find punk rock on the radio.

DK
07-24-2005, 02:02 PM
You can try some old, old Mad Capsule Markets, they were quite punk-sounding back in the day. But i'm not so into punk music anymore, I prefer ghetto old Ska music like the Specials and Madness. :}

Edit: R = G :O!

And of course I make baby jesus cry, he's a lovely young man and he smells of roses and mangos <3. Jesus can kiss my mohawk. >:O!

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 02:07 PM
They're awesome, regardless.

And shuddap, dont be a turd.

DK
07-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I was just quoting this guy I used to know. :} He was going through his "i'm teh punk of tiem!" stage, and he said that hippy kiss mohawk thing in the middle of town and then got beaten up by an angry middle aged man, and it has been funny ever since then. :} But yes, in hindsight it was in bad taste ;o Sorry!

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Silly Kyono xD

I'm just giving you a hard time anyway, cause you're awesome and it's my job. <3

Plus, I like the word turd. That rhymes.

Oh yes, listen to Leftover Crack! My boyfriend reminded me of their awesomeness. And Litmus Green! And Anti-Nowhere League!

Pure Strife
07-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Tsunami Bomb?

That basically covers my interest in anything punk-related. I quite like the Offspring though, their older stuff is pretty good. More pop-ish though.

Doleful_Romance
07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Definitely there are some great punk rock bands around, bands like Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Ramones etc. One of the newest punk rock bands i like are Rancid, they have that dirty groovy punky feeling in them that i like a lot! But aobve all, in my opinion, stand Dead Kennedys, the very quintessence of punk rock, in music, in ideology and free speech expression! Hail Dead Kennedys!

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
minor threat, and others previously mentioned

Ohhh
07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
well uhm how bout

offspring
green day
blink 182
sum 41
lost prophets

have fun