PDA

View Full Version : More freaking FF Tactics help.

nik0tine
07-24-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm at Zaland fort city attempting to rescue Mustadio. This is proving to be really difficult. Any suggestions? (I do NOT have protect or shell)

-N-
07-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I had Ninjas at this point throwing stuff at the charging Archers and Mages to take them down easily. I gave Agrias White Magic secondary. Um, I'd also recommend levelling up some. The more range attacks you have this battle, the better.

Vod
07-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Heres one way to take a load of stress off of you, when you go into the battle and have the choice to not want to get involved or want to help him. just pick the first one, you will still do the battle of course and the storyline will not change, the only difference is the objective will be defeat all enemies instead of save mustadio. that way, he can die in battle without you getting a gameover

Iceheart
07-24-2005, 04:16 AM
My first advice would be to go through random encounters and gain more JP and Levels.

My second advice would be to try and take out the ranged attacks...preferrable with a fully-learned Geomancer

nik0tine
07-24-2005, 08:55 PM
If I pick the first option, where the objective is to kill all of the enemies, can I still save him and get him as a party member? If he dies can I just revive him and if he is alive at the end of the battle do I get the same results?

Khimbar2775
07-24-2005, 09:21 PM
if you say not to save him and he goes unconcious, he gets stars over his head instead of a counter

nik0tine
07-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Does that mean you can't revive him?

Despotus
07-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Sure, you can revive him. And I believe you'll still get the option to keep him as a character.

Vod
07-25-2005, 03:43 AM
yes, you remember how in chapter 1 when Algus died in battles (I know he did at least once) and never turned into a crystal or chest, just got the sparkle thingys, Mustadio does the same thing, even if he's dead at the end of the battle he'll be alright and he'll join your party quite soon (although once he joins you as a party member and not a guest he can die just like anyone else so remember that)

Raven Bladewind
07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
I do not like that battle, I had no trouble at all the first time i played through but anytime after that mustadio got reatarded and he got as close to the enemy as he could before he attacked. But i always have trouble at the 1 on 1 part with (i think) Wieraf

Raven Bladewind
07-27-2005, 01:24 PM
yes, you remember how in chapter 1 when Algus died in battles (I know he did at least once) and never turned into a crystal or chest, just got the sparkle thingys, Mustadio does the same thing, even if he's dead at the end of the battle he'll be alright and he'll join your party quite soon (although once he joins you as a party member and not a guest he can die just like anyone else so remember that) I find that annoying (that they cant disapear) its not fair i want to kill algus in the beggining

Vod
07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
well we all do, but square knew that would make it to easy anyone could have just taken his equipment, killed him, and avoided the 2nd hardest battle of chapter 1, although in deep thought, if someone did that it would make a completely different storyline, Delita wouldn't have commited...um..."wrong-doing" (Ha ha...game quotes) and all things would be different... :mad2: crap man, now I want to know what the game would've been like if it was really like that!!1 oh well... :(

Mikemyers64
07-28-2005, 08:26 AM
i believe selecting to protect him (and algus) give you bonuses later on. cant remeber what they are though

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Actually the bonus comes from choosing duty with Algus and protecting Mustadio, if I'm not mistaken. And it's a bonus to Brave.

Vod
07-29-2005, 05:46 AM
beats me, all I know is not caring if they die in those fights makes it a heck of a lot easier, Boco is the only one I pick the save boco objctive because he rules and can take care of himself

Russ80
08-14-2005, 02:37 AM
And boco ftw! Even though I don't mess with monsters, I keep one chocobo of each color in my party, AND Boco. even when he's 20 levels behind everyone and I've never used him, I keep him. :D Actually, I think I used chocobos in the goug slums battle b/c I'd sent everyone off on a proposition then saved. >_< stupid me... (was my first time through, don't blame me!)

--------

Anyway, for the mustadio level, I found it kinda difficult too. Just send at least one healer person over to mustadios side and charge headlong with everyone else. You'll draw their fire (the black mages and archers), hopefully take out the BMs early (silly BMs, they like to run up to the wall), and Mustadio just might take out a knight or two from the edge. He desparately needs help though. Agrias works pretty well IIRC.

greymon138
10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, what I did is this. I have a wizard in the battle and cast magic to one of the wizards. Then, instead of attacking Mustadio, the wizards will attack my, your wizard. I don't if this works all the time, well try it so you can choose the option to save Mustadio.
And also, sometimes Mustadio goes up the top, and when that happens, enemies can't attack him. Well, its just a matter of luck.