PDA

View Full Version : PS3-XBox 360-Revolution

Vapour
07-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Which one are you planning to but and why????

Samuraid
07-24-2005, 03:01 AM
None.

I'll either emulate or let my brothers buy the console and use it occasionally. ;)

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2005, 03:34 AM
I can't decided the Revolution or the X360.

Revolution=Awesome Sega games+old school sega downloads
XBox 360= Fighters and online gaming
PS3= *explitive deleted* Maybe Suikoden 5 and Metal gear Solid 3.

Yamaneko
07-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I'll either emulate or let my brothers buy the console and use it occasionally. ;)
Planning on buying a super computer? :D

My brother and I are planning on getting a 360. XBox Live has been praised for being a great service and I'm all into that online stuff. Plus, XBox 360 will have many of the PC titles I'd like to try and not actually spend $2500 on a high-end system.

I'll also think about the PS3, but that's a ways off.

XxSephirothxX
07-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Someone stole my Xbox about a month ago, and my dad's going to help pay me back for it, since it's not covered by his insurance. Instead of going to get a new Xbox I'm going to wait for a 360. I want a PS3, but I'll wait until there are several good games out for it, and hopefully I'll have some money by then.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Hopefully 360 will be backwards compatable. I really don't feel like tossing out my old games for a system I can't even play them on.

Lionx
07-24-2005, 05:43 AM
PS3 and Revolution...but PS3 only for the potential games. I am a Nintendo Fanboy..bite me :3

Rengori
07-24-2005, 05:52 AM
None.

You realize that we're going into the 128-bit era, right?

I'm going with whichever one that Final Fatasy is going on.

ZeZipster
07-24-2005, 05:59 AM
Yeah... I've yet to see someone emulate PS2 games, let alone next gen consoles.

XxSephirothxX
07-24-2005, 06:10 AM
I'll buy a Revolution for the next Smash Bros and Zelda, but it's not coming out for quite a while, so I'm not really thinking about it right now. Also, I've got a feeling the "downloadable content" from past Nintendo systems will only be first-party games. But I could be wrong.
And, lastly, the XBox 360 will run an emulator to play regular Xbox games. Microsoft has said it won't be compatible with everything, but it'll definitely play "Hot Titles."

Sepho
07-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Hopefully 360 will be backwards compatable. I really don't feel like tossing out my old games for a system I can't even play them on.

The 360 will supposedly software emulate popular XBox titles (those that many fans own, or are likely to still buy), so backwards compatability is somewhat limited.

EDIT: and I didn't see Azar's edit.

Rase
07-24-2005, 07:09 AM
I'll get the Revolution, if only for online Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart, and regular, offline Zelda. However, probably not until at least 2007.

Lionx
07-24-2005, 07:27 AM
And, lastly, the XBox 360 will run an emulator to play regular Xbox games. Microsoft has said it won't be compatible with everything, but it'll definitely play "Hot Titles."

That sucks ._.

Dreddz
07-24-2005, 10:21 AM
PS3, the line up looks good...Resi 5....Tekken 6........MGS4 and the rest of the FF'S....Boo Yer !

TheAbominatrix
07-24-2005, 10:30 AM
PS3, as it'll be getting the games I wanna play. Sony seems to get more RPGs. Revolution is a close second on my list.

Alice
07-24-2005, 10:32 AM
PS3 and revolution if they decide to have certain games for DL.. but the ps3 will have amazing internet services, and will be kicking the 360s live services a$$... the eyetoy will make playing online alot more fun too ^_^

plus, well if u know me, ive always been the biggest sonyboy ever... next to my apple-obsession.

(by the way, it has been confirmed that the 360 is compatible with ipods, i can only assume so will the ps3)

Destai
07-24-2005, 12:55 PM
PS3, as it'll be getting the games I wanna play. Sony seems to get more RPGs. Revolution is a close second on my list.ditto

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Ill have to say the ps3 first. THey got the games, what can i say. Then REvolutions, and if i ever get around to it i might consider picking up a 360, but only if i have some ample cash

omnitarian
07-24-2005, 04:03 PM
I hate all of the next-gen systems, but online Smash Bros. and Crystal Chronicles is too good to pass up. :-/

KentaRawr!
07-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I am not really thinking about it right now.

Cz
07-24-2005, 07:02 PM
This poll needs a multiple choice option. I'll be getting a Revolution and an XB360. I suppose that I'll buy the X-Box first, since it's coming out before the other two, so I'll vote for that.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, GGX2 #Reload was one of the XBox's best games, but if it can't play that I'll probably jut get a revolution.

I'll be when the Revolution comes out it'll have a code or something redeemable at whatever way you use to connect it online to download old games with to download a few games for free with it.

I also hear when the Rev. arrives it'll not only have NES, SNES, and N64 downloads, they made a deal with Sega to allow the download of old Sega classics from the Genesis and Saturn games. This makes the Revolution a definete buy for me.

Slothy
07-25-2005, 02:56 AM
It'll be PS3 for me with the Revolution coming in second. PS3 has the games I want coming to it. Revolution.... well, it has old games which is a plus. I'll probably be able to get some old classics I didn't get the first time around, but it'd be nice if they'd announce some new content for it. Something to reassure me that it won't be little more than a retro gamers dream. Of course we can expect Zelda, Mario and what not, but I still need to see what's up Nintendo's sleeve. I have no interest in the Xbox 360 though. Maybe if they announce some titles that I actually want to play, but as it stands Microsoft will get non of my money.

Tama2
07-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Must destroy PS3 controller. Resembles a boomerang too musch. ROAR!

namatamiku
07-26-2005, 08:55 AM
It all depends on whether the Revolution lives up to its namesake...

-Advent-
07-26-2005, 09:05 AM
MGS4, FF13!! :eek:
PS3 for me. :p

GooeyToast
07-26-2005, 12:55 PM
PS3 cause it has teh best games and it's the better console.

~Keep it gooey~

Super Christ
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
I *would* get the Revolution first, but it's not coming out for probably a year and a half to two years, so I'll probably be getting the PS3 first. The X-Box 360 - well, I'll get it someday.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I can't decided the Revolution or the X360.

Revolution=Awesome Sega games+old school sega downloads

You do realize that old school sega games didn't appear on nintendo systems and thus would not be available for download. And the downloads will probalbly not be free.

I don't know or really care a whole lot. I will probably go with the PS3 and just continue to play Halo and Rainbow Six 3 on my regular XBox until people stop playing those games online.

Rye
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
The Revolution looks really cool, backwards compatible, so I can finally beat Mario Bros. and play Duck Hunt and stuff. I'm definitely getting PS3, but not away. My brother will probably get that.

Sephiroths Clone
07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Im definitly getting the Xbox 360, they have some much more games and supposed to be cheaper. HALO 3 enough said, and square did sign on to make games for the 360. Plus they have Mistwalker and Q.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Im definitly getting the Xbox 360, they have some much more games and supposed to be cheaper. HALO 3 enough said.

Don't believe the hype. Microsoft wants to institute mini-online charges for stuff in games instead of including them in the game from the start. Microsoft is also the one rumored to be wanting to make games more expensive from the start.

Lindy
07-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Considering how Microsoft are STILL losing money on every XBox produced, I'd assume that the games would be expensive to recoup the losses incurred from the XBox-360's construction.

I mean, you have to build the thing in SPACE it's that big, no wonder it costs so much.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Are you refering to this awesome picture?
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010801l.gif

Lindy
07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
You know me, I'm a PA kiddie, did you even need to ask?

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I meant it to be a retorical question >_< My bad. Although this bring up the fact that they got super fucking lazy as their search feature for comics doesn't work with anything beyond like 2003.

Lindy
07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
It does.

You just need to know how to work it, the most subtle and awkward approach is always the best.

So anyway, on topic :

Revolution good, backwards compatible and old Nintendo games, but it'll lack in third party developers like the GC always did. Not to say that there won't be great games for it, and I hope Capcom stay with Nintendo, but it'll always have a narrower band of games. Then again, I'd rather have a small amount of quality games than a large quantity of average games.

PS3 good, backwards compatible, potential release titles are enticing, but the controller is the worst I have ever seen, and the fact that it'll be entirely third party. Couple that with the fact that Sony are far too wary about releasing games so a lot of excellent games that would do very well are never released in Europe, or often even in the US.

Edit : For example, see Xenosaga, never released on PS2 in Europe. Yet, Baten Kaitos, which is also a Namco game, was released for the GC in Europe when it's a much less-hyped and less-popular game than Xenosaga. Sony are just too skittish when it comes to releasing things like RPGs for Europe, they think we're all action and FPS gamers. Then again, I play a lot less RPGs lately, so maybe it's true XD

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I type in the title of the comic and nothing comes up. If it does work it still sucks. They don't even have any alt tags for their images which is probably why nothing comes up for anything relativly new.

Sephiroths Clone
07-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Im definitly getting the Xbox 360, they have some much more games and supposed to be cheaper. HALO 3 enough said.

Don't believe the hype. Microsoft wants to institute mini-online charges for stuff in games instead of including them in the game from the start. Microsoft is also the one rumored to be wanting to make games more expensive from the start.

What i meant was that the Xbox 360 system itself is supposed to be cheaper then the PS3. I heard somewhere that PS3 is supposed to be 400-500 dollars and thats a lot.

Maxico
07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
What i meant was that the Xbox 360 system itself is supposed to be cheaper then the PS3. I heard somewhere that PS3 is supposed to be 400-500 dollars and thats a lot.

Jesus enough with the whining about prices already. In England we had to pay pretty much the equivilant of $500 for the PS2 when it launched and that didn't stop it from becoming the best selling console over here as well. All this whining about price just gets on my nerves.

Lindy
07-27-2005, 01:15 AM
OMG TEH XBOOX IS TEH CHEAPAH TAHN TEH PS3 BUT TEH MOER EXPENSIV TAHN TEH REVALUTON, WICH DO U WAN 2 BUY>

Battousai62
07-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Xbox 360 first besides backwards compat isnt importamt to me. Then ill get the PS3 when prices fall.

Lionx
07-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Price does matter on many people's mind. Some people are more or less financially equipped and still want to play games. Thats where usually Nintendo wins though no doubt. However like every console now, just wait for it to drop in price. It was 300bucks retail when i got my PS2, its like alot less now.