PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Dundee to endorse PS3 Controller.

ZeZipster
07-24-2005, 08:58 PM
"That's not a controller THIS is a controller."

Okay, I can understand making a handheld that double as an MP3 player and Movie player... but a controller that doubles as a boomerang is just too far. I mean, I'm scared I'll throw it in anger and it'll come back and hit me in the face.

kikimm
07-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Please tell me you're joking.

What use would anyone have for a controller that doubles as a boomerang? Probably looks really dumb.

:D

XxSephirothxX
07-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Nah, it's probably too heavy to be a boomerang. Honestly, it looks really goofy, but I bet it'll be comfortable to hold. I hope. :greenie:

DK
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
It is the stupidest looking controller. I hope PS3 isn't compatable only with it, because I THINK its infa-red, so if you can't use normal pads it'll be extremely dumb. I've never trusted wireless connections, what the hell are you supposed to do in a multiplayer game if you bring your pad out of line with the detector? Get wasted by some filthy combo or lose seconds on a race track? I say pah.

ZeZipster
07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I wonder if it has batteries...

DK
07-24-2005, 09:25 PM
That's another thing. What are you supposed to do if the infa-red or battery life randomly dies and you've been leveling up for hours without saving? You're screwed. Infa-red is a seriously bad idea.

omnitarian
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I hope all of the next-gen systems have a way to recharge the controllers. Wireless is great, but having to keep a pack of AAs on hand to reload my Wavebird is not an exercise I would like to see being compulsory.

Slothy
07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
The PS3 controllers are rechargeable. You just plug them into one of the PS3's USB ports.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Sony can't ever make controllers properly.

MecaKane
07-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Yah, except for the completly flawless PSX/PS2 controlers, espically in comparison to the X-box and Gamecube abstract art pieces.

DK
07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Gamecube is the most comfortable controller, because it's designed for that way. But PS2 pad is pretty much perfect, the button placements are the best and most easy to use.

Destai
07-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I like the game cube controller. Its comfortable. The PS2 controllers nice though. I guess Im the only one who isnt a pussy about the PS3 controller. Its curved people, quit bitching.

Maxico
07-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Alright, first of all, stop bitching about a controller that you have never held before.

Second of all, Sony itself said that the controller is subject to change, even more so after the negative responses it got around E3. They'll probably redesign.

Shoden
07-24-2005, 11:56 PM
it's a WOMD you can impale someone with one of them!

Madame Adequate
07-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Yah, except for the completly flawless PSX/PS2 controlers, espically in comparison to the X-box and Gamecube abstract art pieces.

The GC controller makes my hands hurt after about half an hour of use, they're so horribly contorted it's unreal, but the original, big X-Box controllers are the very epitome of controller design IMO. I know, however, that it is not a popular view. But does anybody know where I can get old, big controllers which work?

Slothy
07-25-2005, 02:47 AM
The GC controller makes my hands hurt after about half an hour of use, they're so horribly contorted it's unreal, but the original, big X-Box controllers are the very epitome of controller design IMO. I know, however, that it is not a popular view. But does anybody know where I can get old, big controllers which work?

I'm guessing you must have some pretty big hands? I've got fairly big hands but even I found the size of the original Xbox controller to be too ungodly large to be comfortable. The GC controller is comfortable to hold, but I find the PS2 controller every bit as comfortable, and it has a pretty much perfect button layout if you ask me.

On topic though, I honestly don't see the big deal about the PS3 controller. The design will likely change thanks to all the whining people like to do about it over the internet, but personally I think it looked like it could be very comfortable, depending on the actual size of it.

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2005, 03:11 AM
I acutlaly find the standard XBox controller pretty practical. Well, maybes it's because of my giant hands. I thinl Sony needs to make a controller with an actual D-Pad. Not four seperate buttons on the left side of the controller. It's bad for people who play games that require you to move the dpad in all sorts of directions really fast.

MecaKane
07-25-2005, 03:36 AM
They're not seperate buttons, they're clearly connected below the hard plastic, as they all move when you press one.

Slothy
07-25-2005, 04:00 AM
Never had a problem with the PS2 D-pad myself. I find the ones on the GC and Xbox controllers to be rather awkward to reach though. My thumb doesn't like stretching that far and having to press down on buttons or pads.

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2005, 04:23 AM
It's still not a good idea not to have a dpad that's actually plus shaped. If yiou play a fast game on a PS controller you're bound to eventually get giant blisters on your thumbs.

Meat Puppet
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
The giant blisters on your thumbs is the fun part!