PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland

Alice
07-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Ah Rumors have spread about the upcoming Alice in Wonderland. So far it is confirmed that it will be made... But production hasnt really begun. I know for a fact Dakota Fanning will be playing Alice, and rumors have spread that Tim Burton has taken it upon himself to Create the real-life version.

Rumors have also been leaked that Marylin Manson has been seen having talks with Tim and that they are thinking of casting M.M. as one of three characters, the queen, the cheshire* cat, and that smoking caterpillar ^_^ More people are thinking the queen, but I might doubt it since we dont quite know what age this movie will be aimed at...

Rye
07-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I think the magic would be kinda taken out of it, but I'd be interested in seeing it.

Chris
07-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Alice in Wonderland was my favorite cartoon as a child. :love:

Shoden
07-24-2005, 09:36 PM
marylin manson oh <!--Fû*k-->*snip* thatd scare the little kids to hell
Do not go around the filter. ~ Leeza

Destai
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM
I bet it'll be the same as Charlie and the chocolate factory, just make Charlie into a girl.

DK
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, sounds stupid. He should carry on making his own films, not bastardizing ones that are already good.

Chris
07-24-2005, 09:45 PM
http://g.metron.com/alice-f.jpg

Marilyn Manson = Alice in Wonderland = American McGee's Alice.

:(

DMKA
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Ah Rumors have spread about the upcoming Alice in Wonderland. So far it is confirmed that it will be made... But production hasnt really begun. I know for a fact Dakota Fanning will be playing Alice, and rumors have spread that Tim Burton has taken it upon himself to Create the real-life version.
There already has been a real-people version of Alice in Wonderland made.

Rye
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
What's with people making Alice in Wonderland gothic?

kikimm
07-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I never liked the story Alice in Wonderland. I do like Tim Burton, but I but I'd need to see a preview, or something first before I decide to see it.

:D

XxSephirothxX
07-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I read the book a few years back and really disliked it. However, the rhyme
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."
and the Cheshire Cat are totally awesome. Way better than the rest of Alice/Through the Looking Glass.

Germ Hamee
07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Are you talking about American McGee's Alice? That movie has been in discussion for years, but it just now seems to be a real deal because Sarah Michelle Gellar's signed up for the film as Alice herself. She's a bit old to be playing Little Miss Alice, but I'll hold my judgement until I more facts come up about the staff and some production shots.

And I stand by my opinion that if Tim Burton were to ever remake Alice in Wonderland or do the McGee's Alice, it would be possibly the coolest movie ever.

Alice
07-24-2005, 11:11 PM
No not American McGees... >.< Though its possible I got some information wrong. I wouldnt doubt they are producing both, because both are such interesting takes.

As far as Alice in Wonderland, its MY FAVORITE Story because it can be understood on so many levels, from a gothic view, to even a conservative view, theres just something about the feeling of the story... its so wonderful :)

Id like to see both, but its interesting to see sarah michelle gellar is doing that. Id love to see that.

She's a bit old to be playing Little Miss Alice

I dont think shes too old.. the American McGee version is her RETURNING to wonderland after everything has gone to hell... so yah, shed be a good age since she can pass for teens if u makeup her right/

Chris
07-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I dont think shes too old.. the American McGee version is her RETURNING to wonderland after everything has gone to hell... so yah, shed be a good age since she can pass for teens if u makeup her right/
That was one GREAT game! :love:

kikimm
07-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Sarah Michelle Gellar still looks pretty young, I think, even if she is sort of old (for the part). She's a good choice; at least she can act well.

:D

Resha
07-24-2005, 11:47 PM
YAY! I hope what you say is true~ I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be as good as the cartoon version! ^_^

Odaisé Gaelach
07-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Hopefully it'll be as good as the cartoon version! ^_^

Dear God the cartoon... that thing traumatised me when I saw it first... :(

Alice crying and then swimming through a sea of her own tears and the doorknob swallowing her. The Cheshire cat singing Jabberwocky with his insane grin... it would be enough to scare any two-year-old...

But I'm looking forward to American McGee's film! :D

Meat Puppet
07-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Alice in Wonderland is written by my favourite author, drugs.

Alice
07-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Alice in Wonderland is written by my favourite author, drugs.
thats long been a rumor, but isnt true... the man who wrote it was actually a nanny for 3 girls, the youngest of which was alice, he told her the story and she requested it be written for her so he did and voila! :) long story short its a novel... its often been scrutenized for the possibility the man was on drugs, but it was simple a novel of satire on the british kingdom and the political views of that time. If you watch the cartoon it does a pretty good job of it too, but you have to really read between the lines.

*iloveme06*
07-25-2005, 07:32 PM
The Cheshire cat singing Jabberwocky with his insane grin... it would be enough to scare any two-year-old...
I loved Cheshire. . .my sister, however-who is know in her 20's, hates him and always has. .:smile: I don't know, I never thought about it being about drugs-I just thought magic and things like that. . .but now that I think about it. . .

My favorite part of the movie had to be when she met up with the caterpillar-now if you wanna talk about drugs-that thing had to of been a pothead for sure. He kept talking about some crazy stuff, boy! Smoking on that big pipe. . . (lol)

DEAR LORD-I just saw that pic of Alice with that knife! What did she do? Go psycho and KILL everybody in Wonderland? (lol-why not just make her the Queen? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!) I don't think I'd take any child to see that version. . .

DMKA
07-25-2005, 08:20 PM
What's with people making Alice in Wonderland gothic?
Have you ever read the book? It was extremely dark and creepy...and the author was, quite possibly, insane. It's nothing like the Disney version.

It's like that last Peter Pan movie that came out...it was alot closer to the book...the Disney version misinterpreted it by far.

Alice
07-25-2005, 10:39 PM
The information I have on the "Dakota Fanning" version of Alice in Wonderland is from:
Entertainment Weekly: Quote:
"After Charlotte's Web, Fanning is attacking to star in adaptions of the Secret Life of Bees and Alice in Wonderland." Page 11; July 28, 2005.

As far as American McGee's version, it has long been rumored to be in production, but there are doubts that it will be ever fully produced. American McGee's Alice in Wonderland, published by EA Games, was not a well advertised game, though holding a strong hold of fans, the creator of this version has spent alot of his time getting the movie into the beginning marks, though I have yet to see anything "factual" or solid as to prove it REALLY is being produced... Its mainly all rumors.

Freya
07-26-2005, 02:28 AM
I heard American McGee's is in production and Sarah michelle gellar is goign to be the so called "crazy" alice. In fact i'm gonna google it. i just want to see the creepy cheshire cat (http://host.km.ru/bim/files/images/Alice/koncept/artpic_03.JPG). It's gonna scare the socks of some people. oie googled it and
http://www.killermovies.com/a/americanmcgeesalice/articles/5233.html