PDA

View Full Version : Did you complete the card collection?

Beclem
07-24-2005, 10:20 PM
I got every one except four.

I didn't get the Chicobo card, because I couldn't be bothered to do all the Chocobo forests, and of course this prevented me from getting the Fat Chicobo, Doomtrain and Pheonix card from the Card Queen.

I was quite happy with what I got though... the hardest one I thought to aquire was the Leviathan card from CC Group Joker. What about you?

Rini
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I did the chocobo quest thingy, but didn't bother to go through the Card Queen quest, because it's possible to get all those cards from the CC group in disc 4. That is if you have completed the chocobo quest: There are three doors in front of ulti's castle. one of them takes you to Great Grandidi forest in Esthar, through there you can get to chocobo holy region, from where you can go to the Kashkabald desert with the chocobo, where lies the Ragnarok, and the CC group within it. only you needto press triangle when getting inside the cockpit so that they will appear to talk to you as soon as you get in.

And yes, I've got the star next to the Card selection in the menu ^^

Beclem
07-24-2005, 10:49 PM
I got every one except four.

I didn't get the Chicobo card, because I couldn't be bothered to do all the Chocobo forests, and of course this prevented me from getting the Fat Chicobo, Doomtrain and Pheonix card from the Card Queen.

I was quite happy with what I got though... the hardest one I thought to aquire was the Leviathan card from CC Group Joker. What about you?

Well I didn't know that, you learn something every day. :)

What about hardest card to aquire?

rubah
07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Laguna's card was the last I got, 'cause I had to win it from queenie in disc 4. So yeah, I finished it.

Beclem
07-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I got my Laguna card from Ellone.

I thought that was the only place you could get it.

Sepho
07-25-2005, 01:07 AM
I've had all the cards at one time or another, but I've never had them all in one save game, and I don't care enough about that star to attempt it.

BG-57
07-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Triple Triad was very fun and addictive. It took me a long time but I managed to get a complete set. :greenie:

Of course I only refine duplicates. I'm such a pack rat/collecter in real life I guess it just carries over to video games. :sweatdrop

Without a doubt the hardest card for me was Laguna. Ellone plays with all the rules in effect. I reset so many time it wasn't funny. :mad:

Xaven
07-25-2005, 02:44 AM
No.

Slade
07-25-2005, 05:58 AM
Yeah i got em all. But i did it the cheats way. Well, the last ones from the Queen of Cards Quest i did the cheat way anyhow. Got all the others the proper ways and man was that hard (but very fun). I got too frustrated with the Qoc quest so i just got the cards from the CC students on baord the Raganarok in Disc 4! Aint i a stinker

fantasyjunkie
07-25-2005, 06:11 AM
no, i didn't. I got all the way to end with playing cards as little as possible. I loved the gameplay and the story but hated the cards.

* White Aeris *
07-25-2005, 01:59 PM
i didn't do that Queen thing either but on disk 4 she had all the cards you were supposed to make!! but then, today i modded them all!! it was really sad but i need the items to kill Ultimcia...

Abraxas
07-26-2005, 01:52 AM
I did it! And it felt absolutely great to have that star on the right...
The card that costed me most to get was Alexander. That Piet played very good, besides Lunar Base has all the */·$%&& rules.

Skyblade
07-26-2005, 02:05 AM
I did it! And it felt absolutely great to have that star on the right...
The card that costed me most to get was Alexander. That Piet played very good, besides Lunar Base has all the */·$%&& rules.

Agreed. I hate Lunar Base. Frelling Random rule...

I did them all the normal way, then refined the good unique ones and got them back from the CC Joker in Disc Four (Mwa ha ha ha ha).

rubah
07-26-2005, 05:00 AM
At least piet is near a save point.

-N-
07-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Gotta catch 'em all!

Rusty
07-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I got most of them - the only one's I have never managed to get that I remember was Selphie's and Irvines.

crazybayman
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Laguna's card was the last I got, 'cause I had to win it from queenie in disc 4. So yeah, I finished it.
Can I count on getting Laguna's card from the Card Queen in Disc 4?

I'm currently at the spacestation, and I'm constantly resetting the game, trying to win it from Ellone, and its POISONING THE F#CK OUTTA ME.

So is it safe to just say f#ck it, and get it from the Queen later? I mean, is it a sure thing? Is the Queen easier than Ellone?

Skyblade
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm currently at the spacestation, and I'm constantly resetting the game, trying to win it from Ellone, and its POISONING THE F#CK OUTTA ME.

So is it safe to just say f#ck it, and get it from the Queen later? I mean, is it a sure thing? Is the Queen easier than Ellone?

Not really. The Queen is at the crash site in Disc 4, which means Space Station rules...

crazybayman
07-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Not really. The Queen is at the crash site in Disc 4, which means Space Station rules...
Fawk. :mad:

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
no but i was pretty close

crazybayman
07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Can someone tell me where I can get the following cards:

Irvine
Kiros
Phoenix
Bahumut
Doomtrain
Eden

Rini
07-27-2005, 08:56 PM
crazybayman, you can get them through the Card Queen Quest in Disc 3, go here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_na_card_b.txt) and you should find the instructions there...

The most difficult cards to obtain for me were Laguna from Ellone (this time playing the game it took me THREE HOURS to get the card, and first I lost almost five cards to her and didn't bother to reset... then it was compulsory to get them back of course :P) and Edea from Edea (duh), I hate Centra rules. totally.

Random rule is no problem when you've converted all the lousy cards away (that's what I do), that way you always get good cards no matter what ^^. Oh well, a few of the Boss/GF/player cards aren't really that good, but as long as there's at least one killer cardon the table then all's well. unless....

Plus/Same rules NYAAHAAHAHAAAA D: I go mad! Without the Open rule it's even worse. I can't predict where the opponent's going to put the next card or if they'll get plus or same.
And also. Sudden Death. It's a real killer when there's a tough game and then comes the dreaded "Draw"...

rubah
07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Queenie is easier than ellone for the simple reason that it doesn't take five minutes to reload and walk to where you were.

Doomie
07-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Mmm Hmm. My last card was Eden. It's pretty easy to get all of them.

crazybayman
07-28-2005, 12:56 PM
crazybayman, you can get them through the Card Queen Quest in Disc 3, go here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_na_card_b.txt) and you should find the instructions there...

The most difficult cards to obtain for me were Laguna
Heh, I found getting Laguna to a biatch from Ellone too. After several resets, I finally got it.

That link didn't work for me.......where is the Card Queen on Disc 3? Still in Balamb town? Or is she at the crash site you can find near the Abadon Plains?

rubah
07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
She would be in Balamb, unless you played her and made her move somewhere. She doesn't go to the crash site until disc 4.

I think you get Bahamut and Doomtrain and Eden's cards when you get the GFs themselves. Well, maybe not doomtrain, but you get bahamut when you defeat him and eden when you defeat ultima weapon.

You get Irvine, Kiros, and Phoenix from queenie's quest. I dont' remember which cards you lose to her, but Irvine can be picked up from Flo in F-H (mayor's wife) and Kiros from a NPC in Deling City in the screen where you're staring down the street (I think it's one past the hotel)

crazybayman
07-28-2005, 05:44 PM
She would be in Balamb, unless you played her and made her move somewhere. She doesn't go to the crash site until disc 4.

I think you get Bahamut and Doomtrain and Eden's cards when you get the GFs themselves. Well, maybe not doomtrain, but you get bahamut when you defeat him and eden when you defeat ultima weapon.

You get Irvine, Kiros, and Phoenix from queenie's quest. I dont' remember which cards you lose to her, but Irvine can be picked up from Flo in F-H (mayor's wife) and Kiros from a NPC in Deling City in the screen where you're staring down the street (I think it's one past the hotel)
merci. :)

beaglegod
07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
The only ones I didnt get were from the queen of cards quest, I figured I didnt want to be bothered with it so I moded all my cards toward the end. Now I find out I could have gotten those cards on the Ragnarok from the CC members :mad: :mad: :mad:

aaahh whatever! :mad: :mad2:

Sepho
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I guess I'm just incredibly lucky that I almost always abolish the Random rule from the Lunar region after a few games.

crazybayman
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
That is lucky........

though I'm pretty sure that if you play the guy in Balamb town down by the docks, you automatically abolish all rules you have had to date.

Unless I've been very lucky.......... :p

The Anarchy Angel
07-29-2005, 02:02 PM
I never bothered with cards, that's why all my characters are kinda super charged ^^, but the latest card I've got in my new game is probably Quezacotl, or MiniMog

crazybayman
07-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I never bothered with cards, that's why all my characters are kinda super charged ^^, but the latest card I've got in my new game is probably Quezacotl, or MiniMog
Where did you get Quezacotl?

Rini
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
you get Quezacotl from Mayor Dobe in Fisherman's Horizon :)

Christmas
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I almost completed the card collection until I get lazy with the Queen of Cards quest...

crazybayman
07-29-2005, 02:36 PM
you get Quezacotl from Mayor Dobe in Fisherman's Horizon :)
tank you veddy much.