PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Champloo

Dreddz
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I aint actually seen any episodes of it, Im downloading some now.
Just wanna know if its any good and if it is as good as Cowboy Bebop
Thanks...

kikimm
07-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Personally, I think the show's great. Really, really good. From what I've seen, it's not as good as Cowboy Bebop, but just as addicting. I love the way it's animated/drawn, the voice acting is good, characters are all really likeable. The action scenes are really fun to watch too.

Good stuff. Really good stuff. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just don't go into it expecting Cowboy Bebop, `cause it ain't gonna happen.

:D

ughhis
07-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Cowboy Bebop :<3:
is better in every possible way. Art, music, animation, characters, story, humor, etc.
I didn't like Samurai Champloo. At all, really.

Just don't go into it expecting Cowboy Bebop, `cause it ain't gonna happen.

DK
07-25-2005, 12:03 AM
I never knew cowboy bebop was so highly thought of. *_*

Razael: The Angel Slayer
07-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Samurai Champloo is O.K for a contemporized tale on the Edo Age.
It's enjoyable but for good samurai action you can't go past Samurai Deeper KYO.

Shoeberto
07-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Champloo's great.

Razael: The Angel Slayer
07-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Meh.

-N-
07-27-2005, 01:05 AM
The first couple episodes were amazing, but I stopped following at 10 when it devolved into worthless episodes. I heard it picked up in the end and rocked hardcore, though, so don't let me stop you. I need to pick that back up anyways.

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 01:15 AM
SamCham is better that CowBop. Actually, I just don't really like C-Bebop in particular.

It's enjoyable but for good samurai action you can't go past Samurai Deeper KYO.
I hate DEK/Kyoshiro, but the other characters are cool.

Sepho
07-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, looking at my avatar will tell you am I fan (if you've seen the last episode anyway). I have both Champloo and BeBop sitting on my hardrive, and both will offer you fantastic direction with beautiful animation and a great soundtrack, as well as interesting characters. Which one you like better probably depends on a few general anime areas of preference.

I personally prefer Champloo because I like swords better than guns, because I favor modern or historic settings over sci-fi or futuristic landscapes, and because I like Mugen better than any of BeBop's characters, save for maybe Ed. I won't argue, however, that BeBop doesn't have a deeper plot. Maybe I like how Champloo keeps it simple, though.

Optium
07-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Think of the fights in Bebop, then give all the characters swords and
instead of jazz add some crazy ass hip hop beats and make some of the
characters breakdance when they're fighting, and have like 10 times more
fights in the series. I don't think anyone can judge how good it is compared
to Bebop until they see the full series. From what I've seen though, it's
near the level of Bebop in my opinion. The fights are just soooo beautiful.
Oh my god. (I've only seen the first like 10 eps or so though)

.opt

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I liked this anime especially episode 14 when those mountain men rap.

and the beat boxing episode.Anyway this is a nice show actually.It gives you a feel of feudal Japan as it was turning into a high powered industrial super power.A nice feeling really.The music the scenary.Everything about it is good.The only thing that makes Cowboy Bebop better is the setting.

Cowboy Bebop did a futuristic aproach and it wasn't your ordinary futuristic approach.No one was shooting laser beams.Cities still looked the same.The only thing that changed was a few technologies.But weapos were still guns and not laser beams :P.

Anyway I love both of 'em. I can sum cowboy bebop up as a soap opera with guns in the future.

edczxcvbnm
07-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Anyway I love both of 'em. I can sum cowboy bebop up as a soap opera with guns in the future.

I got one better for you

Futuristic Noir

I stopped watching champloo at about episode 7 when it was airing because it went no where. I do plan to watch the series but when a series goes no where fast I can't watch it unless I have pretty much all the episodes in front of me. Then I can just blast through it. I had the same problem with cowboy although that show was a lot funnier because of its more western appeal.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah I seen them all at once in one sitting on my PC.I love it.This show is like bebop in a sense that it has episodes with random crap in it but they all seem to fit together once you watch them all.

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Im on episode 9 atm
I think its good, definatly not Bebop

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I won't argue, however, that BeBop doesn't have a deeper plot. Maybe I like how Champloo keeps it simple, though. :confused: I don't recall any deep plot in Cowboy Bebop and I watch it every saturday at 1:30am (technically it's Sunday). I used to watch it every night at 12:00am. The only 'plot' I can think of is that Faye has no memory and is trying to get her past back and Spike has the whole Vicious deal. That's all I got out of it.

How many episodes did you people watch before you decided SC had less plot that CB?

Optium
07-28-2005, 05:42 AM
I won't argue, however, that BeBop doesn't have a deeper plot. Maybe I like how Champloo keeps it simple, though. :confused: I don't recall any deep plot in Cowboy Bebop and I watch it every saturday at 1:30am (technically it's Sunday). I used to watch it every night at 12:00am. The only 'plot' I can think of is that Faye has no memory and is trying to get her past back and Spike has the whole Vicious deal. That's all I got out of it.

How many episodes did you people watch before you decided SC had less plot that CB?
Yeah, it's obvious that you haven't seen the whole series. So how many
episodes of CB did you watch before you decided that it didn't have
any deep plot?

.opt

Rengori
07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
I aint actually seen any episodes of it, Im downloading some now.
Just wanna know if its any good and if it is as good as Cowboy Bebop
Thanks...
XD! Samurai Champloo sucks and Cowboy Bebop is just plain boring.

Optium
07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Luckily for everyone, each of Ren's statements is cancelled out by the
other.

.opt

lordblazer
07-28-2005, 06:16 PM
at the last episode on smaurai champloo you get to see the three people parting ways and playing some pretty good rap music.ITs called Sanfrancisco.

crono_logical
07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I'll watch Champloo some time, it's sitting on one of my various HDs somewhere. From what I've seen of it so far, I liked it better than Cowboy Bebop, I found Bebop boring :p

Eternal Dark Night
07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I'll watch Champloo some time, it's sitting on one of my various HDs somewhere. From what I've seen of it so far, I liked it better than Cowboy Bebop, I found Bebop boring :p
same here.

Dreddz
07-28-2005, 09:30 PM
I like the change init with the Rap music, all seem to be like heavy metal which I dislike

krissy
07-29-2005, 12:59 AM
champloo rulz
bebop rulz
great music in both

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-29-2005, 01:01 AM
MUGEN IS THE NAME PAL

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 01:03 AM
one thing i never got about cowboy bebop is is there 2 ending on it? i mean i saw one were that refridgerator slime killed them all then one were the main guy forgot his name goes into that building kills that guy who has the sword walks outa building and then dies

ZeZipster
07-29-2005, 01:06 AM
I like the style. Exaggerated, yet unique.

krissy
07-29-2005, 01:07 AM
the slime didn't kill them, it just took 'em out

also i've never seen a champloo dub are they good?
or a bebop dub for that matter...

kikimm
07-29-2005, 01:08 AM
I think both Bebop and Champloo have excellent dubs, but then I am more partial to dubs. :monster:

But I think most people will agree with me.

:D

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-29-2005, 01:17 AM
The Bebop dub works because (a) the script and acting are good, and (b) it kind of makes more sense to hear some of those characters speaking English. The Champloo dub gets kind of awkward when the actors struggle to pronounce words like "ryo."

Optium
07-29-2005, 02:30 AM
Don't any of you want to put some spoilers around the END OF A SERIES?
Come on, common courtesy.

.opt