PDA

View Full Version : Obel Lake Mystery

Beclem
07-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Did anyone do this side-quest? You know, the one where you talk to a 'creature' in the lake, he tells you to find the monkey in the forest, then you start looking for rocks then go hunting for treasure etc.

I did it, and thought it was boring, pointless and at times a little annoying.

Easily the worst side-quest.

BG-57
07-25-2005, 02:46 AM
I liked Mr. Monkey. :)

Xaven
07-25-2005, 02:46 AM
Did anyone do this side-quest?
No, I have not. I've heard of it, but never had the will to do it.

Big D
07-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Mr Monkey rules. Best NPC ever, even though you never get to see him. Who else could deliver such a razor-edged insult about mothers and shellsuits?

The side-quest is good if you want to take the long way toward getting those hidden treasures. The chats with the spirit in the lake were interesting, too.

boys from the dwarf
07-25-2005, 09:08 AM
its looks cool.when i first read it on the internet because of its stupid i thought it was a rumour but when i got the strategy guide OMFG its true.i cant do the quest though because i was realy pissed off when i found out its the only sidequest you cant do in the future.i completed the alien one in the future i completed the chocobo one in the future i completed the deep sea reasearch centre in the future.(apart from bahamut who i had already.)but i cant get the fucking obel lake sidequest to work.

Future Esthar
07-25-2005, 09:56 AM
In every FF I played I always have a special save in the moment we get a flying vehicle.
Special in the sense that I never delete nor overwrite it.
I do this because this tends to be the moment you can explore the world map by your own.And this tends to be the moment you can do nearly every side quest.