PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Moments of Final Fantasy Tactics

Vod
07-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Attention world, I made this thread because several people don't notice it but FFT is filled with quite a bit of humor so I want to hear what moments people laugh at the most, for instance one scene I always laugh at is this conversation is chapter 1

Algus: So, where is this Gustav?
Fencer: .... 'Sand Rat Cellar'.
Algus: Sand ra-a-a-ts?
Delita: Algus may not know what they are since he's not from
here. 'Sand Rats' only inhabit the Zeklaus Desert north of
Dorter.
Algus: !?
Ramza: Was there a village between Dorter and Zeklaus Desert?
Delita: Not anymore. But there is a place where desert people
used to gather...
Ramza: ......Gustav and the Marquis may be there.
Delita: Yes, probably.
Algus: What's that mean??
Ramza: 'Cellar' means a rat's nest.
Algus: !?

BG-57
07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
For me the funniest moment was when Worker 8 was activated and all Ramza can think to do is order it to dance. Then, when Mustadio teases him, he orders Worker 8 to hit him. Ramza then has to go scrambling for the pheonix down! :D

Khimbar2775
07-25-2005, 04:29 PM
For me the funniest moment was when Worker 8 was activated and all Ramza can think to do is order it to dance. Then, when Mustadio teases him, he orders Worker 8 to hit him. Ramza then has to go scrambling for the pheonix down! :D
THAT WAS SO SMURFING FUNNY! i love that part!!!! :D :D :D

-N-
07-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Defeat Dycedarg's elder brother.

darkblade117
07-26-2005, 07:30 AM
dycedarg doesn't have an older brother... he is the older brother...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-26-2005, 08:28 AM
That's the point.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Reading the Germonik scriptures and laughing at the translation (or lack thereof).

Despotus
07-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Lede (or was it Celia) grabbing Barinten by the throat, at which he exclaims :tied: *gyyaaaaah*, and then tossing him off the roof of Riovannes Castle. :hahaha:

Vod
07-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Ha ha ha ha, it's funny because someone got hurt!!1 I knew as soon as I made this thread that someone would mention the Worker8 scene, and if someone hadn't I would have probably waited a while...then continue waiting...then fall asleep

DocFrance
07-27-2005, 09:36 AM
There really aren't a whole lot of intentionally funny scenes in Tactics. I can really only think of one. It was a pretty dark, gloomy game. Now, the mistranslations are always funny.

"I got a good feeling!"

Vod
08-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Sure it is, every final fantasy was funny for at least one reason or another, no FF was made with 100% seriousness throughout the story

MushroomZOMBIE
08-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vod-
Ha ha ha ha, it's funny because someone got hurt!!
It's all Fun & Games until someone gets hurt.......then it's HILARIOUS :D.
By th way,what chapter is Worker 8 in?Sounds funny......

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Worker 8 is part of the optional Cloud quest in chapter 4.

Vod
08-05-2005, 03:37 AM
yup and because i'm nice i'll type it all out for ya at the begining of chapter 4 (or at least a couple battles into it) go all the way back to goug, make sure mustadio is still in your team, besrodio will have a strange metal ball that will require an aquarius stone now go all the way up to...where you saved olan (I forget) and listen to the ghost of something rumor, then go to lesalia and you meet a soldier named Beowulf, he will join you as a guest, then you will notice the coal city is red, you will do 3 battles and then a 4th where you must save the holy dragon reis (she's purple) after this fight Beowulf will give you the aquarius stone and you can let him and Reis into your party, then go back to goug and prepare to be delighted (it carries on after you beat adramelk but i'll only mention up to the worker8 scene)

BG-57
08-05-2005, 03:53 AM
During this subquest remember: when in doubt, go to Goug Machine City.

You'll have to be constantly trudging back to Goug to see yet another cutscene involving Mustadio and friends. :mad:

Vod
08-05-2005, 06:16 AM
ya know i've been to lazy to check this out, but after you get cloud in your team, are there any more cutscenes in goug?

BG-57
08-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Go to Warjilis Trade City next to open up Deep Dungeon. If you can't enter yet, go back to Goug.

malucosuicida
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
a good idea from yours today was mine yesterday
go to goug machine city at every month so you can get worker8 and cloud :love:

can anybody tell if find a time machine? a friend of mine told me that there is one at goug,i think it is a lie :confused:
try to send an e-mail for me when you find that.

P.S.:forgive-me for my english,it is my second language. :cry:

Vod
08-06-2005, 03:57 AM
the time machine is what cloud comes out of which I thought was great because it looked a lot like the thing cloud disappears into in FF7 so I think that FF7 and FFT are actually connected in that sense, because cloud says in FF7 that he was in a strane place, and in Ivalice Cloud is said to be wearing strange clothes, and what I meant was after you go do the battle with cloud, and he joins your team, and you go back to goug, are there any more cutscenes? I know about the deep dungeon one with the mean white mage (Byblos is actually one of my favorite characters)

TurkSlayer
08-09-2005, 01:28 AM
When Rafa's brother got killed. FUNNIEST MOMENT EVER.

YukiKiro
08-09-2005, 07:49 AM
i think the funniest part is when the princess and delita stab eachother at the end of the game

TurkSlayer
08-09-2005, 03:01 PM
i think the funniest part is when the princess and delita stab eachother at the end of the game

I cracked up when I saw that scene.

Raven Bladewind
08-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I thought the end of the game was kind of funny ((seeing as FFT isnt the most humorous game)) when Ramza and Alma ride by after there burrial

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-12-2005, 05:30 AM
I thought it was Pritty Funny when I got all the way to Velios, Saved my Game over my previous save.

Entered the Battle, Kills Wiegraf.... Velious Pwns me.... I try again liek 20 times..... Realize i shouldnt have saved over my only Save.

Restarted the Game, and now in Every Game i always Keep Like 2-5 Save Slots :) :p

Russ80
08-14-2005, 01:42 AM
I thought it was Pritty Funny when I got all the way to Velios, Saved my Game over my previous save.

Entered the Battle, Kills Wiegraf.... Velious Pwns me.... I try again liek 20 times..... Realize i shouldnt have saved over my only Save.

Restarted the Game, and now in Every Game i always Keep Like 2-5 Save Slots :) :p

same thing happened to me, although I couldn't beat Wiegraf.

---

The funny bits are always teh one where they obviously translated some japanese word into a long string of english words without looking for a synonym. Everything looks like somebody with a vocabulary consisting entirely of words 6 letters or less said it.

I like a lot of the animations they have. Not really b/c they're funny, but because it's odd that they could make them do things so vividly when the combat movements are so repetitive and basic (like drawing swords, hitting people, reacting from getting hit, and hugging each other). Knowing a bit of code myself, I would find it quite daunting, especially considering when it was made!

Raven Bladewind
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM

Restarted the Game, and now in Every Game i always Keep Like 2-5 Save Slots :) :pi beat velious easily because my game glitched when i turned it on and gave Ramza a mithril gun :D >_> i reset it and fought him again after ((without the gun))

Dark Messenger
09-04-2005, 01:08 PM
One of my funniest moments isn't a scene... it was at the Mandalia Plains (I think) where saw a female Archer. I was like, ah it's an Archer. But this Archer had no bow, she had a freakin' Slasher Axe!! And her sign was Aquarius meaning she was a perfect match for Ramza (Leo), so I invited her and made her a Thief.

Another funny thing is when you fight in Goug, it's funny when Mustadio's trying to Snipe with his hands.

And "Dycedarg's Elder Brother" is unforgettable.

I also like when Ramza ask Balk "What the hell did you spread?".

greymon138
10-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I am always laughing when my enemies are turned into frogs and chickens.

FFGuevara
10-12-2005, 02:48 AM

Leprechaun_boy3
10-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Defeat Dycedarg's elder brother.

By this, Neel WIth A Hat meant the part in which you fight Dycedarg it says the winning conditions are to defeat Dycedargs older brother though they meant to write Zalbags older brother. Though I think they actually write defeat Zalbag and then Dycedarg flashes after that like it always does when it tells you who the target is.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 01:17 PM
This scene is a bit funny to me:
Zerikile Falls

Ovelia: What are you, ally or enemy
Delita: Human, just like you!

feioncastor
10-16-2005, 06:38 PM
"This job is a gift from God"

I've been known to say this, from time to time, in real life.

j.m.ratkos
10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
the battle objective "defeat dycedarg's older brother" is just one of a large number of typographical and grammatical errors in the english translation of the game. "the cellar of the sand [mouse]" is another that comes to mind (as well as the spelling errors during the character presentation movie).

as I recall, the us locationization team didn't really have any input on making a number of corrections as the code for the game had already been finalized and approved by scea.

Roogle
10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Attached: Krizia reads a portion of a proposition report.