PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Video-Game Theme Song

Yuffie514
07-25-2005, 07:06 AM
latest addiction is not really from one of the latest game releases. Silent Hill 3's "You're Not Alone" by Melissa Williamson. 'tis also the first non-Final Fantasy theme music i've enjoyed. and i mean vocalizing, but i guess it'll work either way.

so addicted to any video-game songs lately?

Cruise Control
07-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Simple and Clean-Kingdom Hearts

-N-
07-26-2005, 02:41 AM
The intro theme to MGS2 is pretty solid.

Rengori
07-26-2005, 03:15 AM
Neo Arcadia from Megaman Zero.

Edit: Zero 2's Neo Arcadia theme is slightly better, so I change that.

Hawkeye
07-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Uhhhh... Mario

Vermachtnis
07-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I like end credits to Star Ocean 3. I think it's called Little Bird. Kinda reminds me of a few of the InuYasha credits.

Aphelion
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Omni Legacy, wasn't it "A Little Bird Who Forgot How To Fly"? I'm not sure, but it must be it. It's my favourite right next to Simple and Clean and Melodies of Life...It's impossible to choose between the three.

GooeyToast
07-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Melodies of Life

~Keep it gooey~

Pheesh
07-28-2005, 02:55 AM
the music playing in the kh deep dive trailer. I don't know what it's called and therefore can't download it grrrr.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Jpae33
07-29-2005, 09:01 PM
suteki da ne the korean version, and eyes on me

Odaisé Gaelach
07-29-2005, 11:28 PM
The Best is Yet to Come and Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday by Rika Muranaka in MGS1 and MGS2, respectively.

Shoeberto
07-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Ghostbusters

Krylon
08-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Before I say this, an honorable mention goes to the opening for Super Smash Brothers Melee, which is a great piece of music. Definately gave an epic feel to the game right off the bat.

I can't be certain of my favorite, but I will tell you two that definately made me feel alive.

The first that comes to mind is one that was based on a certain movie. All the music from this game was awesome, but the final piece of music was truly a masterpiece. The moment it started, you felt a rush, from not just the music, but everything... Goldeneye64, Battle with Alec Trevelyan.

The second isn't really a favorite theme of mine, technically, since the game isn't even out yet. However, it shows that Nintendo puts everything they've got into every aspect of their games. Don't Want You No More by the Allman Brothers Band. It's the trailer theme for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Fithos
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Dr. Mario part 3 (Fever)

the opening drum thing to donkey konga is cool though(not the them, just the opening)

UWAOOOOU
08-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Fatal Fight(Jin&Margulis) from Xenosaga II by Yuki Kajiura
Communication Breakdown from Xenosaga II by Yuki Kajiura and
In the Beginning there was... from Xenosaga II by Yuki Kajiura.

StarlightAngel
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Mr. Raharl's Hymn- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

crashNUMBERS
08-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Ghostbusters
I love that song!! >.<. The theme is cool!!

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 11:29 PM
1000 words, simple and clean, mgs2 opening song :D and mgs3 theme song XD

oh and the opening tekken 5 songs cool too

kikimm
08-04-2005, 01:31 AM
latest addiction is not really from one of the latest game releases. Silent Hill 3's "You're Not Alone" by Melissa Williamson. 'tis also the first non-Final Fantasy theme music i've enjoyed. and i mean vocalizing, but i guess it'll work either way.

wanna post ur fav?

Room of Angel from Silent Hill 4 is beautiful.

Here's a lullaby to close your eyes goodbye
It was always you that I despised
I don't feel enough for you to cry, oh well
Here's a lullaby to close your eyes goodbye

:love: :love: :love:

I could never pick a favorite, because there's just too many. Simple and Clean is good, To Zanarkand is good, and the "main song" from Drakengard---the name slips me right now, is beautiful, in both English and Japanese.

:D

Slothy
08-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Like some other people, I have too many to pick one, so here's all the ones I can think of now.

Terra's theme - FF6
To Zanarkand
The song during the MGS credits
MGS2 theme - epic, pure and simple. I still remember watching the original trailer for this game 30 some times and loving it and this song more each time.
Snake Eater - MGS3 (I thought it was surprisingly perfect during the fight with Boss)
Simple and Clean

Rase
08-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Dancing with Domz - Beyond Good and Evil (http://www.zerophoto.net/BGaEmp3/02%20-%20Dancing%20With%20Domz.mp3)

Level I - Super Castlevania IV (http://www.aganazzar.com/Midi/CastlevaniaIV-Stage1.mid)

........... Crap, too tired. I'll post s'more later.

Glitch
08-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I have plenty...

+ I really like the opening for FFII (Dawn of Souls Version). Not sure why.

+ Opening credits for FFVIII and the FMV sequence in the beginning.

+ I love the theme on Mt. Gagazet from FFX.

+ Eternity from FFX-2

And some non-FF themes:

+ The original Halo theme.

+ (Again, Halo) Seige of Madrigal. (Hidden in one level)

I have others, but I can't think of them just now.

Guitar Woman
08-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Chrono Trigger and FF6 have the best theme songs by far, along with Halo, Zelda, And the FF series in general (You know, the harpscore theme they have in every one?)

leon123
08-11-2005, 01:41 AM
the song from doom 3 it is awsome

FFX_fanatiq
08-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Hmm
ffx and ff7
i love stukai de ne
ok cant spell it
and ff7 main theme

Sephex
08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm not going to name any FF, tunes or pretty much anything from Square-Enix games because those have been done to death. So, I'll name a few off the top of my head. I don't know the official track titles so deal with it.

True or Room 312(?) from Silent Hill 2-- An excellent track that perfectly conveys what is going on in the game when the track is played (spoiler, so I'm not going to tell).

That one cool track in Silent Hill 3--I think it is number 9 or something on the CD that game with the first couple of waves of releases. It starts out very ambient and then a HEAVY BASS BEAT kicks in with violinish sounding music that is looped. Excellent track.

Bloody Tears-- The BEST Castlevania track ever. Period.

Getting spotted in the PSX version of Metal Gear Solid--Gets me every time.

The Actraiser soundtrack--I'm mentioning this because at the time, that game had amazing music sound quality.

That one track played in Kirby's Adventure in some level 7 stages-- This is a soft song that really mixes well with me.

Snake Eater theme when fighting The Boss-- Thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Great track. Worked great for the ladder climb as well.

The Best Is Yet To Come from the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack-- Great ending theme that sums up the overall feel of the plot in MGS.

A from DDR--This isn't really a dance song, yet it really works well for the game.

Okay. Time to stop. I'll keep at this forever if I keep going.

Inuyasha0012
08-30-2005, 11:55 PM
My favorite theme song is Final Fantasy x's Otherworld

ILoveTheYellowChicken
08-31-2005, 02:24 AM
I got alot but heres me Best ones from 1(Greatest) to 5 (DA BOMB but on my low side of the list)

1.One Winged Angel(Orchestrial) But i like the new one from FF7AC
2.Devil May Cry 3 Battle song(THERE ALL GOOD!!)
3.FFX OtherWorld
4.FFX Ending Theme
5.Uhhhh.....I forget its name but the song of the Boss Battle When you on the top of the Roof of a tower(Shina Corp i think) And cloud is Fighting the guy in the Grey Coat(God i need to get FF7 Back!!!!)

Lawr
09-05-2005, 05:48 AM
5.Uhhhh.....I forget its name but the song of the Boss Battle When you on the top of the Roof of a tower(Shina Corp i think) And cloud is Fighting the guy in the Grey Coat(God i need to get FF7 Back!!!!)
I dont know the song but the guy is Rufus. I also like that song.http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/0/5/rufus.jpg

Reine
09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I like end credits to Star Ocean 3. I think it's called Little Bird. Kinda reminds me of a few of the InuYasha credits.

'The Little Bird - Star Ocean Version' by MISIA

I liked it too. I got the Fayt Alone ending

That song was in my head for ages...
I also like the song from FF Crystal Chronicles for some reason...

ThroneofDravaris
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Sephiroth’s Theme is far and away the most malevolent theme music ever!

Apart from that, the Final Fantasy Prologue from FFIV is a personal favourite of mine.