PDA

View Full Version : Last battle with sephiroth

0mNiS|aSh
07-25-2005, 05:04 PM
As you probably all know, the absolute final battle with sephy is just kicking his butt with Omnislash. But what if you don't get Omnislash before you beat him? Has anyone tried this? Do you just use something like Braver or Meteodrive on him, or is that scene just a bonus for getting omni and don't show up unless you have it?

Whaddaya say people?

Anyone tried beating him without getting omni?

ZuZu
07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
I didn't get the Omnislash and I still used it the Final battle with Sephiroth

0mNiS|aSh
07-25-2005, 05:12 PM
wow, trippy. :p

redxiiii
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
The first time I played I beat him with everyone on level 64 with Barret,Tifa and Cloud and only Barret had his level 4 limit break and only Barret had his Ultimate weapon........Man that was a hard battle but I beat him.

DK
07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Once I beat him with a normal slash. :D?

Perducci
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
You get to use Omnislash whether you got it at the Golden Saucer or not... It's like a little treat that Square gave us for finishing the game... Just like the updated graphics they had in that battle.

If you wait until your limit gauge is filled up but don't attack him, he'll attack you and you'll counter attack with a normal slash and kill him.

Masamune·1600
07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
The battle against Final Sephiroth occurs under certain guidelines. The most significant of these, of course, is that you cannot lose. While Cloud's ATB gauge rises, so does his Limit Gauge. The Limit Gauge will fill and Cloud will have opportunity to unleash Omnislash. Even if you never acquired Omnislash, it is the only option available.

If you wait for a period of time, hesitating (or Defending or Row Changing) rather than using the Omnislash, Sephiroth will attack first. This attack will hurt quite a bit, but will not kill Cloud. Ever. Cloud will immediately counterattack, regardless of any materia he may have had. The counterattack will defeat Sephiroth, no matter how much or how little damage it inflicts.

This counterattack is not the result of Counterattack materia. Cloud counters Sephiroth's attack, no matter what. As a matter of fact, it should be argued that Cloud has no materia at all during the fight. This is clear from certain facts. An obvious one (unless you're playing a no materia game, in which case the question is obviously irrelevant) is that all magic, summons, and other commands are gone. Further, if your HP, for example, was artificially augmented thorugh HP Plus materia, you'll notice in this fight that it has returned to its natural levels.

The battle cannot be lost primarily because it is not a physical duel. Rather, it shows Cloud fully throwing off the malignant influence of Sephiroth.

Barney
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I loved that bit at the end of the final fight because my Cloud was my strongest chracter at level 59 and I had never god Omnislash or even seen it before , i only had like his first level 3 limit break (Meteorain) , so when i saw it i was like wow, amazing ,as i had always wnated it so that made that part of the final battle seem amazing for me lol.