PDA

View Full Version : I have a question....

Kamiko
07-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Okay, so according to everyone, Vaan and Ashe are NOT in a romantic relationship, correct? I might be interpreting this wrong but it seems a bit odd to put this in the prologue if they aren't.

A warrior takes sword in hand, holds a stone to chest
Disappearing memories carved onto the sword
Trained skills entrusted to the stone
The story is told by the sword and continued by the stone
Now, let that story be told...

That is the story of a world called Ivalice.

The strong military kingdom known as the Arcadia Empire
That rules the Valentia Continent,
And the Rosalia Empire that rules the Ordalia Continent
Have been continuously at war for long years.

In the midst of it, Arcadia Empire invaded the small kingdom of Dalmasca,
Positioned in the hallway between the two continents and thus is geopolitically important.

Under the invasion of the Arcadia Empire, the Dalmasca Kingdom accepted defeat.
But Ashe, the rightful heir to the trone of Dalmasca,
Joined the resistance army movements to fight against the empire.

The enemy's chase and attack of this girl with the liberation of her mother nation in heart is severe,
But, she can not be defeated.
At this moment, she meets the young man Vaan.
With this meeting, begins the change in Ashe's heart.

And thus...

This is the official prologue from Square. So, anyone care to explain away the romance theory?

Takara
07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
The "change in her heart" part could mean a lot of things. It doesn't necessarily means she falls in love with him.

For all we know, maybe things aren't doing too well for the resistance by the time the game starts, and maybe Ashe is starting to lose hope to see her kingdom freed from the Arcadia Empire; meeting Vaan, who seems to believe a lot in his dream, could bring hope back in her heart.

Mind you, it's just my theory, which is most likely to be proven wrong as the game is finally released. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves. :)

TheAbominatrix
07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Not to mention it could be a one-sided love on Ashe's part.

Change of heart can mean many many things.

I've read on many sites that Penelo is set as Vaan's girlfriend, so I dont see him getting together with Ashe. Not to mention that this game isnt going to have a large love theme.

Big D
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Not to mention it could be a one-sided love on Ashe's part.

Change of heart can mean many many things.

I've read on many sites that Penelo is set as Vaan's girlfriend, so I dont see him getting together with Ashe. Not to mention that this game isnt going to have a large love theme.One part of FFVII's awesomeness is the amount of romantic flexibility. Maybe FFXII will have something similar, with 'affection values' that can be altered by the player's choices, influencing some of the sub-plots?
OK, so probably not, but it'd be great if they re-introduced the idea.
I've always appreciated 'sad endings' to romance plots, because they reflect what often happens in real life, or else 'understated' love stories that are in the background and not the foreground, so you're left wanting more. Another thing that ruled in FFVII.

FranXII
07-30-2005, 03:39 AM
I think they have a romantic relation.......

true_bacon22
07-30-2005, 09:48 PM
the game hasnt even come out yet you really cant say anything yet..............

TheAbominatrix
07-30-2005, 09:53 PM
We can, actually, because Square has been releasing information saying as much.

Kamiko
07-31-2005, 11:08 PM
What d you mean we can't say anything? But if we didn't say anything, we'd have to say nothing. And then the forums would shut down!!! :fpcry:
Maybe it means, Vaan scares her so bad she starts liking other girls???
(Waiting for the alternative lifestyle FF chara))

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Maybe he inspires her or something but I dont see any reason to see a change of heart as something romantic.

crazybayman
08-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Still hard to say at this point. Her change in heart may or may not be romantic.

Perhaps she marries Reks (as some screenshots tell us), and perhaps he dies, and after grieving, she has a change of heart and falls for Vaan.

Or maybe its something entirely different. But its not such a far-fetched idea for Square to have the hero and heroine romantically involved.

Although, hasn't there been rumors of Penolo and Vaan being romantically involved?......so maybe it has to do with the politics in the storyline, and what she fights for...........ah, who knows.

Gameslayer
08-13-2005, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=TheAbominatrix]Not to mention it could be a one-sided love on Ashe's part.

OK, so probably not, but it'd be great if they re-introduced the idea.
I've always appreciated 'sad endings' to romance plots, because they reflect what often happens in real life, or else 'understated' love stories that are in the background and not the foreground, so you're left wanting more.

Man cmon though, I much more prefer the happy endings. When I look at a movie or play a game I do it to GET AWAY from real life. Whats wrong with having a happy ending? Wanting more? Good for a sequel, but if no sequel, a good way to piss people off. The whole reason I bought FFX-2 was to get closure after the very sad ending of FFX (I waited 4 tortured weeks for FFX-2 so I can look at life happily again--pathetic? I dont care)

Stories that u get very involved in that end sadly make me angre or depressed so it better end good! (unless they want me to store my urine and unleash a flood on all the Enix people :D )