PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand the opening movie.

Destai
07-25-2005, 11:59 PM
What town is that exactly that the beastmen invade? Is it just a random town that has been abandoned in the time of gameplay? Can you enter that town or its ruins? Does saving Aldos sister become a part of the storyline or did she actually die?

lordblazer
07-26-2005, 03:29 AM
aldo lives his sister lives and the town is in ruins the only place were people liv ein this town is in the safe hold its on the regional map if you wanna look at it and oyu get to go there once oyu get to a certain point on COP.

Miriel
07-26-2005, 04:05 AM
The town that was attacked was called Tavnazia.

The details of the betrayal (freakin' Elvaans) and the ruin of Tavnazia can be read at the History of Vana'diel (http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/) site under The Crystal War. Be warned, spoilers abound on that site.

Aldo exists in the game, and he does have a sister, but it's not the same sister from the opening movie. I'm sure that Sister died.

Ouch!
07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah, his sister in the FMV--most likely his real sister--was named Evelyn or something to that effect, not quite sure how you'd spell it. In game his 'sister' is named Verena, though I highly doubt they're blood relatives.

That site is magnificent, but like Miriel said, there's a ridiculous amount of spoilers on it. That didn't stop me from reading it, though. It can take a long time to figure out all this stuff (as a lot of it is revealed in RoZ) and at some point you just want things to make some sense.

I also believe Chains of Promathia added Tavnazia as an accessable area.

Lionx
07-27-2005, 05:50 AM
During the time when Sandoria went vs the Orcs in the war, they were in a big disadvantage. So in order to save their city, they gave away a sword of power(forgot the name) to Tavnazia to draw the beastmen away and thats why you see tons of Orc artilery and soilders. As it can be seen the city fell and Aldo fled with the sacrifice of his sister. Aldo resides in the Tenshodo area of Jeuno. And hence Tavnazia is just the sacrifice to make Sandoria live into this current state from Orc invasion..

With the introduction of CoP, Tavnazia is an accessible area that is open once you beat the 3 Promyvions. It is a real town with a AH that links to Jeuno.

Roogle
07-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah, but it's not the real Tavnazia. It's a retreat that the survivors went to — its proper name is the Tavnazian Safehold. You can see parts of the destroyed Tavnazia by looking over the cliff beyond the waterfall at Lufaise Meadows.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey I ahve a question.

Do I have to get to a certain point in CoP before I can goto The Tanvazian region?

Roogle
07-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes. You have to complete Promyvion - Dem, Promyvion - Holla, and Promyvion - Mea.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 07:42 PM
MAn I'm still stuck on the first one because No one ever does CoP.

Lionx
07-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Thats why you ask your Linkshell to help you >_>

KamiTidus
07-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Edit by Big D: spam deleted for being too spammy.

Lionx
08-02-2005, 03:56 AM
http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

Click on the "Crystal War" section for this. If you want you can read every other section but it completely spoils the entire story of FFXI thus far. You have been warned.

Rise of Nations - Crystal War can be read anywhere and arent spoilers, everything else is however.

Roogle
08-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Aldo exists in the game, and he does have a sister, but it's not the same sister from the opening movie. I'm sure that Sister died.

She survived, but she lives a peaceful life in Selbina with no memory of the events that happened in that movie.

Miriel
08-02-2005, 05:17 AM
GAH! I should've resisted the urge to read that spoiler! >_<

UWAOOOOU
08-02-2005, 04:36 PM

She survived, but she lives a peaceful life in Selbina with no memory of the events that happened in that movie.I just met her a few minutes ago in the weavers guild. You wouldnt realise shes the same girl until you talk to her adopted mother.