PDA

View Full Version : Got any tips?

FinalBob42
07-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Okay, so, after making a fool of myself, (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1229242#post1229242) here is my post again:

I'm looking into playing this game (FF6!)...got any useful advice for playing? How hard is this in comparison to, say, FF7?

Desperado
07-26-2005, 02:37 AM
The game's fairly straighthrough, like any other Final Fantasy, and if you fight most of the fights and do a couple side-quests at the end (there are quite a few) you should get through this game with as much difficulty as prescribed for an RPG: A few tricky bosses, a strange path to follow, and that's about it.

Of course, if you run from too many battles and don't care to do many side-quests at the end, you'll end up like me, scraping through the game at the end with a couple tricks of the trade and lots of trial and error. Kefka's Tower is a b**ch if you aren't at a good level.

Compared to FFVII, it's slightly easier.

Sasquatch
07-26-2005, 03:08 AM
It's easier to understand than FFVII, and there are no stupid bosses just for the sake of fighting a boss--as was discussed in another thread here. Many people believe it's a much better game than VII, but it might be hard to convince somebody whose experience with FFVII first attracted them to Final Fantasy.

Frankly, other than getting characters, there aren't many side-quests at all. There are a couple hidden characters and Espers that you might not find without being told about, but if you search thoroughly, you shouldn't have any problems at all. And if you do, everybody here'll be glad to help, I'm sure.

nik0tine
07-26-2005, 03:13 AM
It's easy, as is all Final Fantasy (except freaking tactics) but it's one of the best games ever made, in my opinion.

boys from the dwarf
07-26-2005, 07:02 PM
it is hard at the end if you have one party of good characters in kefkas tower and 3 partys of characters that can hardly win one normal battle.(trust me.thats the reason i havent completed the game yet and also my disk snapped."cries"i only just found out when i wanted to retry the game which was anoying.)so dont just use one party once you get to the world of ruin and once you are there and have assembled all of your characters level up as even as possible and use your best characters for the final battle.

Sasquatch
07-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Also, when you're getting your characters (or getting them back), the higher level YOU are when you get them, the higher level they will be. So if you don't want to spend the time leveling everybody equally, just do it with the first party you get, and everybody else will be decently leveled when you find 'em. They just won't have learned any magic, like your original guys.

theundeadhero
07-27-2005, 06:00 AM
I recommend not dieing.

boys from the dwarf
07-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Also, when you're getting your characters (or getting them back), the higher level YOU are when you get them, the higher level they will be. So if you don't want to spend the time leveling everybody equally, just do it with the first party you get, and everybody else will be decently leveled when you find 'em. They just won't have learned any magic, like your original guys.
thats not entirely true. when i got gogo he was only lvl 35 when the rest of my characters were at lvl 50.

Slade
07-27-2005, 12:21 PM
For me, VI was the second hardest final fantasy ive played. Second only to V which was freaking hard in my opinion. And for the record, VII was the second easiest ff ive played, second only to IV :D