PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best?

Sepho
07-26-2005, 01:58 AM
The best toy or novelty item you've ever received from a cereal box? I'm not talkin' about those deals where you have to mail in proofs of purchase, then pay for shipping and they send you back something. None of that mumbo jumbo. You had to reach in and, suprise, you got yourself a new shiny. Which one was the most rad?

What's the coolest thing you've ever found on the side of the road? It could be a large sum of money or a CD that worked fine after a good disk doctoring. Or it could even be an old fishnet you found useful in adding to your attire. Or maybe you find a tire.

How about the greatest happiness you've experienced upon finding an old possession that you've been searching for (or haven't been searching for) for months? Have you ever jumped up and down in joy after being reunited with a lost item?

Hawkeye
07-26-2005, 02:16 AM
A flinstones spoon!

kikimm
07-26-2005, 02:24 AM
From a cereal box, my favorite thing was one of those fish you put in water for a certain amount of time, and then they got huge, or something...I don't really remember what they do.

I found 40 dollars on the road before bowling, once. :monster:

Usually once I've lost something, it's gone forever, but whenever I do find something, you bet I'm going to be ecstatic about it. I once lost a necklace that had been given to me for quite awhile, so when I found it, there was this huge wave of relief. xD

:D

-N-
07-26-2005, 02:29 AM
A makeshift 8-ball. I had to put together this six sided paper cube with sayings on it like "YES!", "NO!", "GO FOR IT!" and whatnot. Then there was this snap together container that I put it in and then shook it to get an 8-ball kind of deal.

The coolest thing I ever found on the side of the road was my table fan. I still use it.

I don't really feel a surge of joy upon being reunited with lost items, but I do feel a great sense of relief everytime I find my sunglasses/cell phone/wallet/iPod everytime I misplace it. I misplace things a lot.

XxSephirothxX
07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
I found this spoon thing in a cereal box that you could put on your finger. That was pretty rad.

I've never found money or anything just lying around anywhere...but I used to find money in old clothes/bags and stuff all the time when I was a kid, because I'd forget and leave it there. When I found this really awesome mechanical I'd thought I'd lost a couple months ago, I was really happy. :D

Mitch
07-26-2005, 05:08 AM
A lightsaber spoon :)

Meat Puppet
07-26-2005, 05:10 AM
One time I reached into a box full of thumbtacs and got a cornflake. The best day of my life!

GooeyToast
07-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Drugs.

~Keep it gooey~

Sepho
07-26-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh yeah, my answers:

1. I found a PC game in a cereal box once. It was a really bad FPS game, but hey, it's game, and I played it.

2. I found a tupperware container full of money once, but someone claimed it.

3. I found my transparent green PS1 memory card that had been missing for almost two years. It was completely full of mostly RPG gamesaves, and I was ecstatic when I found it. Then I lost it again, and now I still don't know where it is. I don't know where any of my old memory cards are =[

Blackmageboi
07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
in a cerial box a lightsaber
and on the roa was a NEW dvd in its box fully wrapped 'twas a series of unfortunate events

Caspian
07-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Secret decoder rings for the win.

Tama2
07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh yeah, my answers:

1. I found a PC game in a cereal box once. It was a really bad FPS game, but hey, it's game, and I played it.

Are you talkin about Chex Quest?

fire_of_avalon
07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Cereal box = Various color change spoons. My answer WOULD be a Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers Gadget action figure, but my awful cousin stole it by cheating and digging through the box.

Road = Before my dog Butch ran away for good, he would wander off for days at a time. The first time this happened, I was a very upset eight year old. We were driving to the grocery store one day and found him taking a nap on the side of the road.

Just before I left for college, I was in the basement and found my baby Grover toy from Sesame Street. He was filthy, but I became immediately reattached. I gave him to Matt two Christmases ago, and I still see him every now and then.

Sepho
07-26-2005, 10:31 PM

Sounds about right. I thought it was heaven at the time.

Old Manus
07-26-2005, 10:32 PM
I thought the cornflakes were the free toy.

Psychotic
07-26-2005, 10:33 PM
A water pistol shaped like a hammerhead shark. :cool:

black orb
07-27-2005, 03:18 AM
The best toy or novelty item you've ever received from a cereal box?
>>> The cereal itself

What's the coolest thing you've ever found on the side of the road?
>>> Money

How about the greatest happiness you've experienced upon finding an old possession that you've been searching for (or haven't been searching for) for months?
>>> When I found my lost ID card and keys

Have you ever jumped up and down in joy after being reunited with a lost item?
>>> ID card and keys again..

Shlup
07-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Red lightsaber spoon came in the Corn Pops. Woo!

Tama2
07-27-2005, 04:54 AM

Sounds about right. I thought it was heaven at the time.

But in the end it was awful.

Meat Puppet
07-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Oh there was another question. Well, I found a girlfriend off the road, if that counts.

or was that just a dead frog

doesn't matter anyway

Silmaril
07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
From the a cereal box, I got a games CD, which was pretty nice. I never found anything on the road (but my cousin found an emerald ring once). I'm pretty relieved when I found things that I've lost but I lose a lot of stuff and few things come back to me. :cry: