PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter series

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2005, 03:48 AM
No pool due to the sheer amont of games. Which one did you like the best?

Personally, I'm at a dead tie between Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Rengori
07-26-2005, 06:22 AM
There are just way too many versions of SF2 to make an educated vote.

Lionx
07-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Generally, Super SF II Turbo is the accepted platform for high level play for the oldschool SF games.

CvS2 D: But since its not an SF i am very into the SFAIII game, it has -isms although V-ism feels broken where you dont have to go full bar to activate a Custom. Everyone just goes for that half bar and customs like a mofo =/

NM
07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I'd have to go with 3rd Strike. The parry system just add's so much to the gameplay. It may not have all the classic character's in it, but some of the new one's are good and a few are blatent copy's of old school character's. Remy = Guile as an example.

Dreddz
07-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Street Fighter Alpha 3.

MecaKane
07-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Super Street Fighter 2.
It was exactly the same as every previous and subsequent game, true. But it had super in its title so it must be best!

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Not exactly, Super corrected some of the balance issues and perfected the gameplay, plus it added characters to add to the storyline.

Aphelion
07-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Street Fighter Alpha 3. A good, solid and deep fighting game (though I suck at them and I never get to know any kind of good combo or special attack and just mash the button...).

Lionx
07-27-2005, 01:57 AM
One thing i like to wonder is, why are people bashing the SFII line? SFII and Turbo were yes kinda retarded in that the only difference was bosses and speed. However to me it does make alot of sense why SFII is the same. Street Fighter II was the start of defining the fighting game engine, and back then when not even Fatal Fury or KoF matched up to SFII(they were copies that just wanted money on some fad). They were defining the role of fighting games. And i think were establishing what is a "good fighting game". So of course theres going to be alot of rehashes, but there were alot of little fixes that made the game move forward that people who dont play deeply into these games not appreciate and know.

SFII started by giving more different variety of fighters that are more unique than the Ryu Ken choice in SF1. Speed was a big issue in how intense the game is, as well as touched up deeper gameplay(remember SF1? that was crap gameplay), then they added a Super Bar in Super SFII Turbo. Testing out what happened to spice things up if they added a super bar. Then SFA series came out with revamped Supers and added alot more balancing the health with it(as the SFII series did not). Then different super bars. Now SFIII is testing out what happens if everyone can block all your moves if predicted and testing out the value of only having 1 super(and therefore many different versions of the same character with different supers and how to link into it as its different link per super).

So while to the people who dont play the games that deeply wont see any difference but minor changes, i think it came a long way into establishing what a fighting game is, as well as experimenting different things while putting it high into tournament play. Almost all SF games are tournament worthy.

-TIDUS-
07-27-2005, 02:12 AM
SONIC BOOM!.....sorry is just had to say that. Street Fighter 2

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 02:47 AM
If you ask me, SFII is the grandfather of fighting games. If that game never existed we'd never have games like Tekken, Soul Calibur, or Mortal Kombat (maybe that's not a good idea).

Actually, alot of stuff has been used in MK was based off of the SF franchise. Like the "Finish him" fad, the dizzyness was based off of SFII when you pummel the opponent enough for him to get dizzy. I also think Liu Kang was based off of Ryu and Fei Long.