PDA

View Full Version : Who should play the voice of cloud

Fonzie
07-26-2005, 05:52 AM
I wish it wouldn't be a japan dude, but it will be probabley. I would want like some really famous dude to play the voice of him. I wouldn't want a fucking japanese dude to play the voice, it would piss me off. I would want like to try a-bunch of good actors to play the part. I really can't say who i would want him to sound as, but the person would have to have a really good-in-depth voice. (Also, the perfect song when Cloud is caring Aeris body in the pool would be Foo Fighter: Best of You) Who would you think should play the voice of cloud and many other charaters in the movie. Cause i really don't have the voice in my head that would fit clouds being.

kawaiileena
07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
As much as your opinion is concerned, fellow member, I think a Japanese Voice Actor portraying Cloud would be really nice (in my opinion, that is). His voice in the Advent Children trailers sounds really hot, but, of course, if it is going to be dubbed, they have to find a good voice actor, not some lame guy... that would be so a turn-off...

UChessmaster
07-26-2005, 04:38 PM
u said would like 13 times.... anyway as long as the voice doesn`t suck ill be happy

DarknessFromAbove
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm all for subtitles really. DON'T CANGE ANYTHING! :D

Fithos
07-26-2005, 10:49 PM
well, i belive that the voice of barret should be done by mr. T. dont get me wrong, i dont really like Mr. T. but barret just looks so much like him its uncanny. :)

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Ernie Reyes, Jr.

If another person says Mr. T should play Barret, I'll boycot the film before it gets here. It should be someone like Wesley Snipes.

Fonzie
07-27-2005, 01:20 AM
mr.t

-N-
07-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Mr. T should play Barret.

*takes Mercen-X's copy*

StarlightAngel
07-27-2005, 02:25 AM
I'd only dare watch it in Japanese with English subtitles.

Kakashi509
07-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Mr.T should be barret
Liam aiken might do a good cloud voice
a dead monkey would be perfect for aeris's voice

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 05:43 AM

*takes Mercen-X's copy*
Hello? If Mr. T played Barret, I would so not buy a copy. You'll have to make due with the Japanese version. I hope you "nihongo-ga wakarimas."

Kilrane
07-27-2005, 06:01 AM
what about the guy that plays obi wan in the new movies. he would make a pretty good cloud no?

-N-
07-27-2005, 07:13 AM

*takes Mercen-X's copy*
Hello? If Mr. T played Barret, I would so not buy a copy. You'll have to make due do with the Japanese version. I hope you "nihongo-ga wakarimas."
You should be thanking me for saving you money.

Shoden
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
michael jackson

Kiana Artemis
07-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Yea, maybe Cloud should be played by a famous dude (who can actually speak ENGLISH) or something....
....Maybe Cloud should be played by Jesse McCartney, nah-JOKES! I think that the person acting as Cloud should have a really nice voice...what am I talking about?? Umm...I mean like a husky voice, that would be cool. Tifa should be played by...ME!!! Sorry, bad joke. I'm running out of ideas, but hey, I can dream....can't I??? Who ever plays the characters has to be good at it, or else it would just ruin the whole movie.....right?

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 05:38 PM
You should be thanking me for saving you money.Why? No nation's currency concerns me.

Captain Maxx Power
07-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Why? No nation's currency concerns me.

What about your own?

Shoeberto
07-27-2005, 06:39 PM
For the people that are worried...you do realize, of course, that Squeenix will most likely provide dual audio, right? For Japanese and English? That would mean two different voice actors. Meaning that, yes, one would speak English. So I don't really see where the concern lies.

Meat Puppet
07-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Damn, I come in here and Mr. T and Michael Jackson have been taken. I guess I'm just going to have to stick with Hilary Duff on this one. :\

Kiana Artemis
07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Umm....dumb question, but, who the HECK is Mr. T?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Please please PLEASE tell me 'coz I'm new and I don't know what the heck is going on....

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Mr. T hmmm you ever watch not another teen movie? he is the janitor that talks to kid about football and stuff well anywayz i think that after serouis consideration mr.t for barret and michal jackson for cloud and adam sandler for sephiroth

Kiana Artemis
07-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the info =)
I don't know who should do the voice acting for the characters-so long as they know what they're doing.

Mercen-X
07-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Why? No nation's currency concerns me.

What about your own?
When I've succeeded in conquering the U.S, after I've renamed it Karmine America, I'll have all currency returned to the state capital and our country will return to the way of the Pilgrims, resulting in fair trade and one fewer reason to kill.

liahna umiheart
07-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I think that Jonny Depp should play Vincent Valentine. He-he-he..!

Kakashi509
07-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I think Janet Jackson would do but another great option is...this guy (http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/pepper1.jpg)

Kilrane
07-28-2005, 05:10 PM
I think that Jonny Depp should play Vincent Valentine. He-he-he..! actually Depp probably woulnt make a bad cloud or vincent. hell he could pull of sephiroth too if he wanted to. sorry i'm no good with quoting people

Taiyou
07-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I think that for the dub, Steve Burton would be good for Cloud again. He did him in Kingdom Hearts, I know he'd do a good job. I've heard him in other things than Kingdom Hearts -- I watch the show he's on every day and he's a VERY good actor. Ironically, his character on GH is like Cloud. @_@

Fithos
07-28-2005, 05:27 PM
how about.......... David spade?

MAS82587
07-28-2005, 08:06 PM

*takes Mercen-X's copy*
Hello? If Mr. T played Barret, I would so not buy a copy. You'll have to make due do with the Japanese version. I hope you "nihongo-ga wakarimas."
You should be thanking me for saving you money.
on offense, but i dont think that would work at all.

Mercen-X
07-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I said this a long time ago . . . lately I've been thinking differently. Whoever plays the voice of Jin on Samurai Champloo . . . I think he'd be a good match.

Kiana Artemis
07-29-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm SOOOOO proud that people are quoting my baby sister-but is that a good thing or a bad one?? Anyways, Jonny Depp would be good for Vincent I reckon, maybe Cloud-but I don't know.

what about the guy that plays obi wan in the new movies. he would make a pretty good cloud no?

Yeah, he might do....who knows?

Fithos
07-29-2005, 04:44 PM
what about billy crystal, he could make a good voice for like one of the enemys.

by the way, are you taking about Ewan McGregor?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-29-2005, 05:19 PM
With regards to the first post, what, exactly, is wrong with a Japanese voice actor doing the voice for a movie made as the sequel of the game originally made for the Japanese made in Japan by Japanese people?

In any event, I'm not too familiar with good voice actors, be they American or Japanese, but if Michael McConnohie, who did the voice of Captain Gordon in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness did Cloud's voice, I would be content :D

Kiana Artemis
07-30-2005, 12:41 AM
what about billy crystal, he could make a good voice for like one of the enemys.

by the way, are you taking about Ewan McGregor?

Yeah...Who would play Tifa?? Maybe Jennifer Lopez....JOAX! I dunno.

liahna umiheart
07-30-2005, 04:18 AM
yea the voices are tricky but im serious that johnny depp should really play vincent valentine and cloud should be played by.....sum famous person who plzyas the voices on anime shows aye?? :D

man is any1 there anyhows..........i think finding who should play cloud might be the hardest thing yet
:confused:

ok...if i watch that movei im ay cry because.....the voices will be great..and.....there will be death.....and......love..lol.....and it will touch me coz i luv these types of moveis (i wish i had a dvd)but i will cry u know i even cried through the OC soapopra!!! :cry:

Edit by Kishi: Definitely don't triple-post.

Kiana Artemis
07-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Leah.....I mean liahna umiheart, SHUT UP!!!! That's my lil' sis for ya.

true_bacon22
07-30-2005, 09:31 PM
well, i belive that the voice of barret should be done by mr. T. dont get me wrong, i dont really like Mr. T. but barret just looks so much like him its uncanny. :)
YA MR T lol clouds voice sould be the guy who does aurons voice

JulioA
07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Cloud: same guy who did his voice in KH, or someone kinda like Raidens voice in MGS2
Cid: CLint Eastwood, Or Grey Fox/Frank Yeager from Twin Snakes
Im still thinking on the others

Kiana Artemis
07-31-2005, 05:02 AM
liahna umiheart
DO NOT triple post.

She's too chatty for her own good...

Ohhh
07-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Cloud should have a sexy voice :love: the Tifa's and Vincent's voice in the japanese AC really suits them i think

Rengori
07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Umm....dumb question, but, who the HECK is Mr. T?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Please please PLEASE tell me 'coz I'm new and I don't know what the heck is going on....
:lol: He' s the black guy who "pities da foo" and has a very strong resemblence to Barret..

Fonzie
08-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Cloud: same guy who did his voice in KH, or someone kinda like Raidens voice in MGS2
Cid: CLint Eastwood, Or Grey Fox/Frank Yeager from Twin Snakes
Im still thinking on the others Thats who i'm thinking of for clouds voice. You hit the hammer right on the spot.

Kiana Artemis
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
:lol: He' s the black guy who "pities da foo" and has a very strong resemblence to Barret..

Thanks, that helps ALOT!!

Fithos
08-01-2005, 04:00 PM
what about if james earl jones did barrets voice. i think that could work out well.

also, phillip bartlett could make a good voice for like yazoo or kadaj.

Ouch!
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Am I the only one who wants absolute nobodies to do the English voice acting? I don't suppose it really matters; I'll be watching it in Japanese with the subtitles.

NotQuiteNecessary
08-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Cloud
Anime Voice Actor: Johnny Young Bosch(Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin, Vash the Stampede from Trigun). He could pull it off, but that might sound a little too boyish.
Famous Person: Billy Crudup. He was amazing as Prince A/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifaka in Princess Mononoke, and this should be no different.

Barret
Anime Voice Actor: Beau Billingsale(Spike from Cowboy Bebop). He has a deep enough voice.
Famous Person: Samule L Jackson. Three words: BMF

Aeris
Anime Voice Actor: Monica Rial(Haruka /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifow from RahXephon, Kirika Yuumura from Noir). Very girly and bombastic, but she can also pull off a much quiter tone when needbe.
Famous Person: Mandy Moore. She was a kickass Aeris in Kingdom Hearts.
Other: I'm all for the dead monkey.

Yuffie
Anime Voice Actor: Hilary Haag. She's the one of the only voice actress to date I've seen that can pull off a little-girl voice.
Famous Person: No idea, though they'd probably get someone dumb and airheaded like Hilary Duff. Haag versus Dugg, Haag wins anyday.

Vincent
Anime Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman(Amon from Witch Hunter Robin, Tsume from Wolf's Rain). His voice is serious and calm and can switch to being serious and harsh in an instant.
Famous Person: Johnny Depp because hell yes.

Tifa
Anime Voice Actor: Kari Wahlgren(Cher Degrey from Wolf's Rain, Robin Senna from Witch Hunter Robin, Haruko Haruhara from FLCL, Raine Sage from Tales of Symphonia, Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura). She's versatile, look at those all of those roles. All of them are vastly different. If anyone should play the female lead, she should as she has a great track record of making a strong female lead beleivable.
Famous Person: Hilary Swank. For obvious reasons.

Cid
Famous Person: Clint Eastwood is Cid. Cid is Clint Eastwood. There you go.

liahna umiheart
08-02-2005, 11:35 AM
hi bros hi sis anyways bout the voices hmmmmmm...... man cloud should be indeed be played by sum1 tough/cute really hot and really tough man i could try find out using my brain who should play him aye....i feel sry for clouds gf who died b4 but his new gf has big thing which is weird unlike his old g who was kool and nice but when a girl dies u know that sumthing kool will cum out of it aye..Meaning the player of the voice of cloud should be played by sum1 kind of like vegetas voice of dbgt but not to raggedy aye a little softer id say..yep!! :cool:ANS I TOLD U VINCENT SHOULD BE PLAYED BY JOHNY DEPP BECAUSE IT SHOULD AND THEY NEARLY LOOK THE SAME AND THE VOICE WILL SOO MATCH HIM DONT CHAS THINK?? :love: :love:

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Stevie Wonder.

Mercen-X
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Cloud: Johnny Young Bosch.

Barret
Anime Voice Actor: Beau Billingsale
Famous Person: Samuel L. Jackson.

Aeris: Monica Rial.

Yuffie: Hilary Haag.

Vincent
Anime Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman
Famous Person: Johnny Depp because hell yes.

Tifa
Anime Voice Actor: Kari Wahlgren
Famous Person: Hilary Swank. For obvious reasons.

Cid: Clint Eastwood.
Yeah, well, as long as there were no "Vash" moments, he'd probably work.

Jet from Cowboy Bebop. I just really don't think Beau's a match. I think Sam would be a great match to Barret.

Ok, I don't know who Monica Rial is. Aeris didn't have a really big part in KH, so it's not really possible to judge whether Mandy Moore was "kickass." I can say this though. I was unimpressed. Only voice-actor worse than her was Christy. Hedy Buress (Yuna FFX), I think, would do better.

Hilary Duff . . . airheaded. (do I maybe sense some jealousy issues?)
I think for Yuffie, Tara Strong (Rikku). I don't know why people insist the two are so different. Just pay attention. Look at them and listen (or read). They have the same basic attitude, they're both fighting for their respective people. It's not like they're night and day. Why should they not have the same voice actress?

Amon was cool.

Mmkay.

No.

NotQuiteNecessary
08-02-2005, 08:58 PM
No, Tara Strong shouldn't play Yuffie. She tends to be a bit too airheaded, and while Yuffie is a BIT airheaded she tends to be more childish than anything else.

liahna umiheart
08-03-2005, 08:45 AM
hehe pplz i guess dat chick would be airheaded but other wise im saying yes!!! JOHNNY DEPP SHOULD PLAY VINCENT VALENTINE OR WAT EVER HIS NAME IS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :love:

Winter Nights
08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
hi bros hi sis anyways bout the voices hmmmmmm...... man cloud should be indeed be played by sum1 tough/cute really hot and really tough man i could try find out using my brain who should play him aye....i feel sry for clouds gf who died b4 but his new gf has big thing which is weird unlike his old g who was kool and nice but when a girl dies u know that sumthing kool will cum out of it aye..Meaning the player of the voice of cloud should be played by sum1 kind of like vegetas voice of dbgt but not to raggedy aye a little softer id say..yep!! :cool:ANS I TOLD U VINCENT SHOULD BE PLAYED BY JOHNY DEPP BECAUSE IT SHOULD AND THEY NEARLY LOOK THE SAME AND THE VOICE WILL SOO MATCH HIM DONT CHAS THINK?? :love: :love:

Make it STOP!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Clint Eastwood is Cid. Cid is Clint Eastwood. There you go.
That actually would work pretty well.

Memory Of Lightwaves
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I think Mr T would suit Barret. I really dont want in to be in Jap and have to read Eng subtitles. i find that in subtitled movies im always reading and not paying attention to whats going on in the movie. like freaking boosting GFs in FF8!!! You can still see whats going on but most of your attention is focused on the reading the words before they change

Kenshin IV
08-06-2005, 05:42 AM
I would love it if Steve Burton returned to do Cloud, Mandy Moore returned to do Aeris, and Kim Possible returned to do Yuffie. They all did a great job in Kingdom Hearts, I doubt it's gonna happen though.

The only one I really care about is the one I know has no chance of happening. I want Brian Drummond to do Sephiroth. I mean, that man was born to voice him. That has zero chance of happening, though.

GooeyToast
08-06-2005, 08:52 AM
A guy named Joe

Rase
08-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Cloud (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11653)
Tifa (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11653)
Barret (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11653)
Cid (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11653)
Repeat for every character in the movie. :p

UWAOOOOU
08-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Lance Bass should voice Cloud. that would be awesome.

Wilder
08-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I would, The guy that did the voices in kung pow

KuroYuna
08-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't care who plays Cloud voice, as long as this voice is shexy sounding like Vic M. from the Voice After DNAngel as Dark Mousy.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 06:15 PM
No, Tara Strong shouldn't play Yuffie. She tends to be a bit too airheaded, and while Yuffie is a BIT airheaded she tends to be more childish than anything else.
What if she was playing Yuffie as Raven or Mandy or Yumi or Bubbles?:lol:
I would love it if Mandy Moore returned to do Aeris, and Kim Possible returned to do Yuffie. They all did a great job in Kingdom Hearts, I doubt it's gonna happen though.

The only one I really care about is the one I know has no chance of happening. I want Brian Drummond to do Sephiroth. I mean, that man was born to voice him. That has zero chance of happening, though.Um . . . Mandy wasn't great. Christy was even worse. Worst out of KH was Haley Joel Osmont although editing could have fixed all of those awkward dialogue moments.

Who's Brian Drummond?
A guy named Joe
ME! Or at least, that's what people call me. Even though I tell them not to. Damn it. Why are people stupid?

Discord
08-10-2005, 03:30 AM
How about Eddy Murphy?:D

-N-
08-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Brian Drummond is some Gundam dude.

Oh yeah, and Mr. T for Barret. *flees*

Mercen-X
08-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah you better run.

Ice Cube plays Barret

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -kikimm

Shoden
08-23-2005, 02:12 PM
In the Japanese version the voice actor for Kazuya Mishima from Tekken is playing Sephiroth thats the only japanese voice actor that i know so far.

crazybayman
08-23-2005, 02:34 PM
I vote Tony Danza to do Cloud.

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
In the Japanese version the voice actor for Kazuya Mishima from Tekken is playing Sephiroth thats the only japanese voice actor that i know so far.
And the voice actor for Lei plays Cloud, lol.

Hwoarang = Reno
Jin = Rude
Heihachi = Barret
Asuka = Tifa
Xiaoyu = Yuffie
Law = Cid

Shoden
08-24-2005, 12:50 AM
if that were true Cid would sound very gay but Hwoarang for Reno sounds good actually.

Takahiro Sakurai .... Cloud Strife (voice)
Ayumi Ito .... Tifa Lockheart (voice)
Tsuduruhara Miyuu .... Marlene (voice)
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Chris Edgerly .... Cid
Keiji Fujiwara .... Reno (voice)
Kyosuke Ikeda .... Denzel (voice)
Yumi Kakazu .... Yuffie Kisaragi (voice)
Yûji Kishi .... Yazoo (voice)
Masahiro Kobayashi .... Barret Wallace (voice)
Taiten Kusunoki .... Rude (voice)
Toshiyuki Morikawa .... Sephiroth (voice)
Shotaro Morikubo .... Kadaj (voice)
Kenji Nomura .... Loz (voice)
Toru Ôkawa .... Wheel Chair Person (voice)
Walter Roberts .... Promotional Movie Narrator
Michelle Ruff .... Elena (voice: English version)
Maaya Sakamoto .... Aeris Gainsborough (voice)
Shogo Suzuki .... Vincent Valentine (voice)
Kenichi Suzumura .... Zack (voice

thats the info i got

Dr.M
09-02-2005, 06:32 AM
the dude in kindom hearts that did cloud! oh, whpoos thats sounds wrong!
um... i don't know his name but yeah.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I think Marilyn Manson would be ok for either Vincent or Sephiroth

Cruise Control
09-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Mr. T
I'm concerned with Sephiroth, I can't think of how he should sound, let alone who should voice him.

Prancing Mad
09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I think Tifa would have to be played by your mom.

nevermind6794
09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Putting a Foo Fighters song in anything Final Fantasy-related would be the worst idea ever.

FantasyStar
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Ok i know hes chinease but cloud does kinda look chinease so i think Jet lee would be awesome for cloud :D

oh yeh for the music linkin park would be cool, my december for the buriel of aeris and faint for an action part oooo :love:

Vin diesel has a cool voice for a charachter maybe barret?

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Light Mage
09-07-2005, 05:03 PM
I think we should have Jennifer Lien for the voice of Aeris (Kes from Star Trek: Voyager).

Desperado
09-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Mr. T
I'm concerned with Sephiroth, I can't think of how he should sound, let alone who should voice him.

Lance Bass should voice Cloud. that would be awesome.

Lance Bass does Sephiroth's voice in KH. Wacky.

Vyk
09-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Cam Clarke. He's in everything now

FFX_fanatiq
09-14-2005, 06:01 AM
sssssssssss

Styx
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
How about David Hayter the man behind Solid Snake? :)