PDA

View Full Version : God of war

Dianom
07-26-2005, 11:47 AM
When I read about this game, I just thought it was just gonna be another, slow game, with crappy slow fighting, and useless graphics, but when I bought it bout a week ago, I was completely proven wrong, this is by far one of the greatest games of this year, mabye even the greatest.

The graphics are amazing, fighting superb, and the story is completely absorbing. I only finished it last nite, and the ending is just as good as the story itself. If u've played it and finished it, I ask u not to reveal the ending, because anyone playing the game has to finish it and find out themselves, thanx!

What do you out there think?

GooeyToast
07-26-2005, 11:50 AM
It was great, but im sorry to say, wasnt quite as good as i had hoped for.

I just wish there were more, challenging puzzles, more combos, more bosses, and i wish Kratos could jump better.

But i guess we'll just have to wait for the sequal for all that.

Otherwise, it was a terrific game with awesome music. :D

~Keep it gooey~

Rini
07-27-2005, 07:47 PM
I loved it too. As always, with all the hype, no-one had said anything bad about the game, it made me think it was perfect... But it wasn't. There are always things that people want more, and I'd wanted more lenght to it. Not that Pandora's temple wasn't long enough, it was.However I had hoped that it wouldn't have been so easy to return to Athens and ... so forth.

The final battle was a bit disappointing, since it didn't require much tactics, just plain bashing and a bit parrying, no more. Otherwise, I enjoyed the bashing combos and flocks of monsters I just had to "L1+square", you know. that pirouette thingy.
Oh well, there's always the God Mode...I'm still just not brave enough to give it a try *heh*

I also liked the "trashbin" stuff, like the deleted levels or deleted characters and stuff. It was very interesting to watch how different characters, especially Kratos, had evolved from scrap into the actual game version.

Vyk
07-27-2005, 07:52 PM
One of the few recent games I've actually played through. Deffinitely up there on production value. Its a game with a story. A short story. This could be something Disney could make if they had a dark side. So yeah, it's short, but very sweet. It takes a rare game to capture my interest for even the 7+ hours it takes to beat this one. And I still wanted more. But the challenges at the end were... well, mind-numbing and left a lot to be desired. But the game itself: awesome. If you're into darker mythology or anything. I love games that are short and awesome. Ever since MGS I crave these kinda games.

JaytodaP
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
this is the best damn game ever. Its got everything a good game needs.
Its got fast and simple fighting. Combos couldn't be easier to pull off then in any other 3D action game. you get Powers of the Greek Gods. SWEEET. Zeus's bolts are such a cool skill for long range. The Artemis Blade is cool for hacking heads off of enemies. Poseidons Lightning thingie is the best though. Ive taken out so many people with it. This game is awesome. Its so fun to go around decappitating everything you see. And, the puzzles actually took some thought. To top it all off.......WAAAAAAAAMMMMMM! Boobs on the screen. When you thought it couldn't get any better. I dont mean to sound like a perv, but man, theyre everywhere....literally. If you havent already, buy this game for the funnest adventure ever......EVER

Vyk
07-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Uh yeah... you sound like a perv. I only noticed one scene that had boobs, and it was in the beginning of the game. Unless you're counting Kratos' pecks or something

MecaKane
07-29-2005, 01:26 AM
He's counting the oracle of athen's see-though and moving around top. And also all those freaky Gorgons and Sirens which aren't attractive in the least.

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Medusa could get it.

Slothy
07-29-2005, 02:53 AM
I got the game awhile ago. Currently on the cliffs of madness, and this game is just freaking fun. I'm not usually a big fan of games that focus so strongly on action (I get bored of them after awhile), but this game does a lot of things right. The camera angles are almost always good. The puzzles often require a little thought, but don't bog down the pace of the game. The levels are varied and cool enough to keep me from feeling like I'm running through the same area over and over. Battles often provide at least some challenge, and best of all, there's little to no back tracking and it's always pretty clear which way you have to go. I get bored with some games just because I run around for an hour trying to figure out what the hell I need to do next, but it isn't a problem here. This game impressed me just for managing to avoid a lot of those action/adventure game pitfalls that most developers are too lazy to fix.

Dianom
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
He's counting the oracle of athen's see-though and moving around top. And also all those freaky Gorgons and Sirens which aren't attractive in the least.

The harpies too, u kno the annoying things with the wings, that get pulled off, the only reason I noticed this is cuz I wotched all the movies last nite, that wud make an awesum movies, and the story line for the second one, loox to be kool, but I seriously don't think Kratos's brother is gonna stand a chance, seriously.

And for anyone thinking of trying God mode, good luck, its freakin impossible, even the little rats on the very first ship will be challenging, it takes about 5 hits to kill u, but its way more intense, I definitely prescribe it for the ones who have finished the other difficulties, and are wanting more.

Shoden
08-29-2005, 02:24 AM
The only thing that sucked was the ammount of glitches in it. It hardly loads up on my PS2, the game should of been longer, and it is biased with the newer PS2 models, not my fault the old thick ones have crappy lasers, the game is so gory and fun especially with cheats.

MoonsEcho
08-29-2005, 07:10 AM
I absolutely loved this game. My husband got it for me for my birthday, and at first I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, because it didn't look like the kind of game I'd like very much, but as soon as I started playing, I was hooked. Getting in there with Kratos and tearing crap apart is definitely good stress relief. :) I started over on God Mode after beating the game, but I haven't played it since we moved so I'm still at the beginning. God Mode is a good deal harder. ^^;

But I have to agree about the glitches. Mine didn't have any problems loading, and there really weren't that many glitches, come to think of it, except for the end. My game froze twice during the final battle with Ares, and I had to restart the game in both cases. Not a HUGE deal, but irritating nonetheless.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Dreddz
08-29-2005, 12:08 PM
GOW is hyped.......

Vyk
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
GoW earned its reputation and appreciation. That's not what I consider "hype" ;P

Spammerman
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
If i get it, after i beat it, i would want toi use the dairy bastard suit.

Shoden
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm in the challenge of Poseidon and after the puzzle with the moving walls in the flooded hallway i go down and the 2nd wall is still there. I've pulled every switch/lever and it remains shut, I'll start the game again soon.

Dianom
08-31-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm in the challenge of Poseidon and after the puzzle with the moving walls in the flooded hallway i go down and the 2nd wall is still there. I've pulled every switch/lever and it remains shut, I'll start the game again soon.

If u want a hand with it, pm me.

Shoden
08-31-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm going to restart the whole game, I don't understand why it wont open as every lever has been pulled.

Dianom
09-02-2005, 02:02 PM
I think its got sumthing to do with those nymphs? not too sure

Shoden
09-02-2005, 02:22 PM
"nyads"? I seen all of them and made them run.

Dianom
09-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Ain't kratos supposed to get sum action from them? I think I must replay the game, after I finish star ocean, and kingdom hearts and max payne and LOTR third age, crap Y did I buy so many games

Shoden
09-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Kratos just kisses them.

Dianom
09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Kratos just kisses them.

yea then they disappear, normally give u sumthing, I think. When u've found all of them, go bak to where u found the first one, and I think u swim up a tunnel that was above here, this is from memory.

Shoden
09-02-2005, 02:54 PM
ah theres something I never knew. *tries*

nothing happens the 2nd door with poseidon on wont open, the door after the moving gate puzzle.

Dianom
09-05-2005, 10:57 AM
ah theres something I never knew. *tries*

nothing happens the 2nd door with poseidon on wont open, the door after the moving gate puzzle.

Ok, now I'm confused, and want to go find out wots up, I can remember I was stuck here 4 a while, so I just turned it off and went to sleep then a mate came up the nxt day, and summit just clicked and I solved it in my head, do the holding R1 thing, the charge move, and u ram sumthing, although wot is still escaping me

YukiKiro
09-14-2005, 05:08 PM
it was better than i expected. everyone kept talking about it and i didn't see the hype. once i finally got the chance to play the game i found out it lives up to the hype that preceeds it.

kratos_GoS
10-03-2005, 08:55 AM
I loved this game
my hands were shakeing the first time i was done playing it
in the beginningI thought it was very violent but now it dosnīt efect me
I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing

Mythra
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I really enjoyed the game, however the game's hard mode was the easiest thing I've ever done. I had everything upgraded about half-way through Pandora's Temple and from there it was a breeze. But the extras were worth it because I believe two of them led to inclinations of the sequel.

annslow41
10-06-2005, 03:59 AM
lol yes, what a great game! my only complaint is that it was a bit short, but pretty much every other aspect of it rocked! cool, unique fighting system, sweet puzzles that really made you work to complete them (tho i do recal a good bit of backtracking)(and they REALLY make you work for it! i remember finding this one out-of-the-way area via a timing puzzle and i was thinking to myself "damn, that was pretty clever of me to figure that out!" only to realize a few moments later that you have to go there to continue... lol), i DEFFINATELY liked how the weapons on his back and all improved visually too when they got upgraded!, and the extras after beeting the game were pretty sweet too! DAIRY BASTARD FREAKING ROCKS!!! lol, looks like those dudes had fun making it!

deffinately a good use of MY time!

Skarr
10-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Me want to play God of War so badly, but alas, me have no ps2, me have to wait until me obtain ps2, then i shall kill, kill, kill! Me, however, very sad, me wan play God of War now! Me playing Chrono Cross to calm the anger me have!

DUDE~me very bored now

DMKA
10-06-2005, 05:34 AM
I heard it was satanic.

Mythra
10-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Whaaaat(in my best impersonation of Moe)????

vivi knight
10-16-2005, 06:37 PM
it.s a really good game:D :D :D :D :D

ffxfreak93
10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
god of war was a good game beside the nudityi am not a perv