PDA

View Full Version : All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

Pages : [1] 2

blackchocobo9999
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I like all of them Metal Gear Solids!! I own mgs 1 for the gamecube, i own sons of liberty and substance for ps2 and Snake eater for the ps2 as well. I cannot wait for mgs4:no place to hide! (I think thats its name) The graphics on them are really good, and so is the gameplay and mabye most of all, the storys and cutscenes. A lot of people dont like Mgs because of there long, 30 minute cutsecenes, but it dosent really bother me, but i dont like it when the codec (or on mgs3, the radio) carrys on for about half an hour, like at the end of mgs2, when they are all going mad over the codec, it takes about 30 minutes!!!
But other then that, its one of the best games i have been on!! :D

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 02:39 PM
No place to hide is the theme of the game but not the name.

UWAOOOOU
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I Loved I&II (especially II). I didnt like 3 though. It wasnt as fun. I dint like the jungle parts.

Psychotic
07-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh goody, an MGS thread. I like MGS threads because I get to say "ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11" I guess I'd better get on with it, really. ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11 Ahhh, that feels a lot better now.

blackchocobo9999
07-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I Loved I&II (especially II). I didnt like 3 though. It wasnt as fun. I dint like the jungle parts.

How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!

UWAOOOOU
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM

How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!I told you, I didnt like the jungle stealth. It was boring :p

Necron
07-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I loved MGS3, its my favourite of them all! Although alot of people hate fighting the End, I actually really liked that battle! Mainly because it is a battle of stragtegy, and there are so many ways to win (I love strategy games). MGS3 is my favourite game at the moment. As for the other MGS's, i think MGS1 is better than MGS2 (i hate raiden). Don't you think that 'Sniper Wolf' from The Twin Snakes looks loads like 'Eva' On MGS3? :mad:

Maxico
07-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I own mgs 1 for the gamecube.

Eww, I'm sorry but that game is terrible and should in no way represent the series.

Oh goody, an MGS thread. I like MGS threads because I get to say "ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11" I guess I'd better get on with it, really. ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11 Ahhh, that feels a lot better now.

"LOL WTF IN MGS 1 SOLID SNAKE SHOOTS LIQUID11!!!!1"

Note to self, stay far away from GameFaqs.

blackchocobo9999
07-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Why dont you like the Jungle stealth, I thought it was cool!! And anyway, there are loads of indoor bits close to the end

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Something tells me MGS4 will be the worst in the series. I heard Hideo made it so hiding and sneaking is no longer available. Something tells me it'll be just a wild "shoot them all and let god sort them out" game. I'll bet the story will be nifty too. I'd like to see them add to the mindfuck that MGS2 ended with. (play the game and watch after the credits roll by, and you'll see what I mean)

Lindy
07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Actually, all that was stated was that there would be "nowhere to hide", meaning that there'll be stealth, just much of an alternative to prior games.

Maybe even more of an emphasis on camouflage, and less on hiding behind walls.

And every MGS game has a post-credits Ocelot conversation, they're all confusing, though MGS2 wins for the dumbest lines ever.

"Oh, I forgot, your heart is on the other side"

Eww, I'm sorry but that game is terrible and should in no way represent the series.
Direct remake with MGS2 control system? With exactly the same story, rooms, enemy placements and everything? Exactly how is it terrible when it's exactly the same as MGS, but with a more fluid control system?

Hello, may I ask who is calling? Logic? Sorry, we don't need you here.

UWAOOOOU
07-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Bah, I hope they ditch as much camoflouge as possible (however its spelled). I liked the system in MGS1 and 2. MGS2 in particular because I hate snake fanboys and I especially hate how Kojima has gone to there side and mocked his own game (MGS2) any chance he gets. (Well two chances to the best of my knoweledge but it still irritates me)

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, maybe MGS4 will be like 3, only a direct sequel to 2. Hopefully hiding will be easier than it was in 3. I just couldn't adjust to playing without a radar and guards that can see ten feet in front of them.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 08:17 PM
The problem with 3 was that, for a game about being in wide open spaces, the camera sucked. You couldn't see far enough ahead to do anything. The camera worked in the first two because of how limited the range is and it isn't hard to tell who is around you in a corridor. They are one way or the other and are easy to play through even without a radar.

Lindy
07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
MGS3:Subsistence is supposed to add a new camera angle to fix that, but I bet it'll still be lovingly awkward to control.

Hooray for having to stop and look in first person every three steps.

Maxico
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Direct remake with MGS2 control system? With exactly the same story, rooms, enemy placements and everything? Exactly how is it terrible when it's exactly the same as MGS, but with a more fluid control system?

Hello, may I ask who is calling? Logic? Sorry, we don't need you here.

Yes thats part of it. The levels in Metal Gear Solid 1 were not designed to be used with Metal Gear Solid 2's control system. You can often enter a room, go into first person view and tranq every guard in the area before moving on. It completly throws everything off balance.

Not to mention the terrible, terrible cutscenes. Snake does about 5 backflips throughout the game, one on to a missile. The director just did everything over the top and that really doesn't suit Snake as a character. And seeing as Metal Gear Solid is around 50% story and cutscenes thats not a good thing.

I guess its down to opinion really. Enough people hate the twin snakes for it to be widley accepted as terrible but some people think its much better than the original. Go figure.

blackchocobo9999
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM

You missed out Graphics!

Yes thats part of it. The levels in Metal Gear Solid 1 were not designed to be used with Metal Gear Solid 2's control system. You can often enter a room, go into first person view and tranq every guard in the area before moving on. It completly throws everything off balance.

Have you only done Twin Snakes in very easy mode or something? On all the other modes, they spot your laser on your socom and immediatly take cover, and call for back-up, so you cannot always just aim and shoot, you have to do it tactically, like on the original, except you do it in first person view.

edczxcvbnm
07-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Have you only done Twin Snakes in very easy mode or something? On all the other modes, they spot your laser on your socom and immediatly take cover, and call for back-up, so you cannot always just aim and shoot, you have to do it tactically, like on the original, except you do it in first person view.

I blasted my way through the game on hard the FIRST time I played it. I never ran into that problem. Probably because I just shoot and kill really fast. The bosses were made stupid easy but First Person. Ocelot, Mantis and Raven were just piss easy. Raven all you had to do was take your gun and just aim at his head. He would never come close to you.

I think you just suck.

blackchocobo9999
07-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I blasted my way through the game on hard the FIRST time I played it. I never ran into that problem. Probably because I just shoot and kill really fast. The bosses were made stupid easy but First Person. Ocelot, Mantis and Raven were just piss easy. Raven all you had to do was take your gun and just aim at his head. He would never come close to you.

I am not stuck, just you can tell the difference and its just not that simple. I have completed it on all modes

edczxcvbnm
07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
I didn't say you were stuck but that you sucked. Huge difference in the word.

The game really isn't hard to complete on all modes. It wasn't in the original and now that the bosses have become piss easy. They should have added a new difficulty called "smurfing your ass" where the enemies basically have super everything and you can't take a step without them RUNNING to find out what that noise was.

I am a Metal Gear Vet all around so I just found the update to be overly easy and messed up the level design way too much.

Cloud No.9
07-27-2005, 05:12 PM
the nowhere to hide thing.

i think it actually will refer to a wholy different ai and patrol paths. like they won't be set and maybe setting off the alarm once will set it off permantly.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 05:30 PM

How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!
Yeah everyone with a brain hated MGS 2.

Lindy
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah everyone with[out] a brain hated MGS 2.
People disliked it for two reasons, Raiden and the fact that they really didn't get the story.

Raiden wasn't fantastic, but he WAS a good character, he covered something that had never been in Metal Gear games, and that was a character who had never performed a stealth mission before, he was playing it just as fresh as the player. The way Raiden was set was that you as the player could identify more with him.
And yes, the story was silly in parts, but it wasn't as awful as people say, it was just confusing.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
lol I didn't like it because you only got to play as snake at the very begining and the rest of the game i played as some lame person named Jack.

I got the sotryline and thought the storyline and gameplay was genious.But those two factors I just said above outweighs everything else.
lol I wanna play as snake not as Jack lol.And I also hated Fortune's flare for drama all the time.

Lindy
07-27-2005, 06:17 PM
So, because a game has quality gameplay, an interesting and involving story, but you play as a different character means that it's awful?

Aww, poor baby, I think SOMEBODY is allergic to change, diddums.

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 06:22 PM
lol I'm not allergic to chang eI just love snake ^_^ lol. PLus the torture of me having to see Jack naked.lol.And did I mentioned Fortune's Flare for drama?

blackchocobo9999
07-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Stop using LOL AHHHHH!!! Anyway, i heard that at some bits in mgs4, You actually go out into the city and like do normal things! Just a rumor, and thats only at the begining i think. Anyway, i hope Raiden is in mgs4, but not a playable character, or mabye just play with him for a bit, like a couple of cutscenes, and mabye a boss. Anyway, i didnt hate mgs2 at all, i actually really liked it, like i did them all, it is the worst one, but it is still better then most games.

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Il oved MSG2, I just wish Raiden wasn't all whiney. Plus saving was annoying

*beep beep*

Raiden: Rose, I want to save.
Rose: Jack, do you remember what's so special about tommorow
*insert long dramatic sappy conversation*
Can this end, I really need to pee!

Lindy
07-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Raiden is in MGS4, he was shown in concept art along with his HF Blade and a baby in a sling, purportedly Rose's.

Shoot down Seagulls with your sniper rifle and Rose will leave Jack, what fun.

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Shoot down Seagulls with your sniper rifle and Rose will leave Jack, what fun.

Wait, you can do that and Rose will go away? Who will save your game then?

Lindy
07-27-2005, 07:31 PM
She apologises to him in the next conversation and they get back together.

I secretly wished they'd have brought Mei-Ling back, but alas she was only in the secret Codec on the Tanker.

Also, the Triangle button is your friend, seriously.

Rose : "Jack, do you want to save? Oh and..."
*Triangle*
*Save*
Rose : "Be sa..."
*Triangle*

Cz
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I wasn't too impressed by MGS2, admittedly due in part to the story (I understand it now, but during my first playthrough I almost gave up towards the end) but for a couple of gameplay reasons as well. However, it's not a bad game, or even a mediocre one. It just doesn't quite compare to its predecessor, which is perhaps my favourite game of the Playstation era.

But every game in the series is a classic in its own right, and MGS4 should be no different, so I'm not complaining. :)

UWAOOOOU
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
You see the problem with MGS2 is Snake fanboys are awful picky whores.

blackchocobo9999
07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Raiden is in MGS4, he was shown in concept art along with his HF Blade and a baby in a sling, purportedly Rose's.

Where did you see the concept art from? And if it is the sequal to Mgs2, then the baby might be Olga's, because she told Snake to save her baby, but Raiden might have instead....

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 09:49 PM
at the end of MGS2 Rose points out that she's carrying Raiden's baby.

Lindy
07-27-2005, 10:11 PM
The picture is from the Kojima Productions website you can go to through the Konami site, it has some stuff on Subsistence as well as MGS4 pictures, it's pretty old news.

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 10:16 PM
MGS was the best followed by MGS2 and MGS3
MGS is a good franchise but what could they actually do that drastically different from the others ?

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
She may be carrying his baby, but he went out on a mission to save Olgas, and if it was his, then why would he be holding it with a Hc blade in his hand?
Is the site www.konami.com or something? Or is it www.konami.jp? if not can you give me a link to where it was?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Olga's kid was already about a year and a half old at the end of MGS2. By the time MGS4 happens (one or more years after MGS2), he should be looking older than the kid Raiden is holding in the MGS4 concept art. Meanwhile, Rosemary hadn't even given birth yet at the end of MGS2, so their kid would be at an age that fits the artwork much more closely.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
That and the simple fact of why the hell would Raiden be with Olga and not with Rose, when Jack and Rose are together at the end of MGS2?

I would have thought simple logic would prevail there.

And Olga's underarm hair.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/index.html

Surprisingly easily found there kiddo.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
That and the simple fact of why the hell would Raiden be with Olga and not with Rose, when Jack and Rose are together at the end of MGS2?Obviously no one would be with Olga, since, you know, she died and everything. What makes some people think it's Olga's kid is that it was kind of a loose end in MGS2's story, and at the end, Snake said he'd take care of it.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
SNAKE IS THE FATHER OF OLGA'S CHILD ZOMG SPOILARS!

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Snake isnt the father, she is already pregnant when Snake meets her at the Tanker, because her father is telling her to leave because she is carrying her grandaughter.
O, and on one of those pictures on the MGS4 art, someone as only 1 eye, and you know who only has one eye!! :eek:

edczxcvbnm
07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Snake isnt the father, she is already pregnant when Snake meets her at the Tanker, because her father is telling her to leave because she is carrying her grandaughter.
O, and on one of those pictures on the MGS4 art, someone as only 1 eye, and you know who only has one eye!! :eek:

1) You failed to note the IMMENSE SARCASM
2) Dead Boss?

Cloud No.9
07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
did anyone like the original two on the nes and msx?

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 02:55 PM
I have never played the original 2, but i have played the begining of one on the Game Boy.
O, and Big Boss might have some how, been brought back to life with some strange Metal Gear type twist...
I really like playing as Big Boss in MGS3, but did he turn bad the same way as the Boss, or did he just turn evil?

Lindy
07-28-2005, 03:11 PM
He didn't turn evil, if you even paid the slightest attention to MGS3's story, you would know what the view is over the concept of good and evil.

Big Boss just becomes disillusioned.

And Dead Boss has already been confirmed as a character for MGS4 anyway, along with Naomi.

Welcome to months ago when the rest of us knew this.

Aphelion
07-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I've played through MGS1 and 2, and I'm, well, not very inclined to buy MGS3 (I'm not your regular jungle guy...). I'll end up buying it, but I'm looking forward to MGS4 (please, go back to the factories...)

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes, i know now why Big Boss went a bit mad, i mean i would, if my former trainer who was liek a mother to me for 10 years, had, what he thought then, betrayed him and then he had to kill her, then he found out she was just doing her job, so he was really sad then as well, then he goes home and gets it on with EVA, then she goes back to China, and reveals that she is a spy, and he has lost his eye, so i see why he went a bit power mad and created Foxhound.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
maybe this Dead Boss is another clone of Big Boss himself

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes, Darth holmes, you may be right, but if you are, why is he missing an eye?? Unless he is actually an exact clone of Big Boss

Doomie
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
MGS1 was great because of Mei Ling. Ohhh, she taught me so much. And the bosses were cool. Vulcan Raven, Psycho Mantis, Ocelot (I loved this one), and the fist fight with Liquid Snake is great. I also thought the wolf scene was genius. :love:

MGS2 was ok, Raiden was a pretty cool character. Just because Snake isn't there for all those fan-boys out there, doesn't make it a good game. I'm actually glad Raiden will be back. MGS2 must have had the craziest and most confusing storyline.

MGS3 was on the whole the greatest of the series. The stealth missions and actually finding your own food was great. You actually had to heal yourself and remove your bullets to survive. You needed to eat. Unlike the other two where all you had to do is have a ration, this one went all out in order to bring that feeling of reality.

EDIT: And the fact that in the other 2 games, if you were being chased by enemies, all you have to do is run out of the room. However, there isn't s cheap trick like that in MGS3. Stealth % instead. :love:

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
It's cool how Mantis reads your memory card and says stuff depending on what you have. "So, you like fighting games.... you like SUIKODEN."

Lindy
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Or.

Dead Boss is Big Boss' corpse, hence the name.

Rye
07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I've only played MGS3 as I just started playing the series, but it was great. I really liked how you had to heal yourself, take out the bullets, etc. And hunting for food was awesome too. It was a really good game. :)

Doomie
07-28-2005, 04:12 PM
It's cool how Mantis reads your memory card and says stuff depending on what you have. "So, you like fighting games.... you like SUIKODEN."

I don't think he does it if you put your player 1 controller into slot 2.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 04:19 PM
He does it in the cutscene to prove his powers.

As if the fact that he can float and posess Meryl isn't enough.

silverpigeon97
07-28-2005, 04:24 PM
i loved all of the mgs games, especially 3, but did anyone else think that sons of liberty was just a little bit short i mean you could easily complete it in 6 hours first time

Lindy
07-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Same goes with MGS, it's no longer or shorter than any others.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Or.

Dead Boss is Big Boss' corpse, hence the name.

Maybe they did it the same way they revived Grey Fox.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 06:34 PM
On the gamecube version of Mgs1, he tells you to put the controlor on the floor if it is laminated, and he says, "i will make the controler move" or something like that, and of course, it moves, and he says things like "i see you already have a save on this game," and he says, " I see you like Super Mario sunshine" Some of the stuff is hilarious what he says, and when you put it in controler port 2, For about 2 minutes, he cannot read your mind, so then, you have to put it in 3, and so on....

Lindy
07-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Do we need spoiler tags for game as old as MGS? Especially when the topic is flagged as having spoilers.

Dead Boss isn't in a ninja suit, and the suit is all that was keeping Grey Fox alive.

I smell supernatural.

edczxcvbnm
07-28-2005, 06:38 PM
did anyone like the original two on the nes and msx?

I own the NES version and it is CRAP! I have not played the MSX version of 1 but I have played through 2(which is only on the MSX). It was awesome. Think Ghost Babel and then enhance everything a little bit. It is much better than Ghost Babel from a gameplay/graphical stand point. If you liked Ghost Babel you should like this one even more...except for the stupid boss names. Those are worse.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Metal Gear 2?

Wasn't that the one with squeaky sand, rooms full of guard statues and deadly, poisonous hamsters?

Oh, and anti-strangling missiles.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe it might have something to do with The Sorrow.

Cloud No.9
07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
i am purely buying subsitence for the perfect versions of mg 1 and 2. i don't do online gaming so those two and the new camera and whatever vr and extra stuff they put in there are my only reasons. is it a waste of money for me then? yes. do i care? no.

such a shame they will never include snake's revenge and ghost babel. yes snake's revenge was pump and not actuall part of the story but meh it has it's place.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I doubt there will be VR in Mgs3 subsitence, becasue we are talking about the 60's.But i think there will be some sort of VR thing, like mabye field training, becasue Snake mentions that he as done snipering in field training, but only in a built up place... Wait, does that mean there may be a sniper fight in buildings on mgs3 subsitence???

Lindy
07-28-2005, 08:24 PM
On the matter of The Sorrow, he's doubtful to come back, but one thing you have to remember is this from MGS3.

Ocelot was the child of The Sorrow and The Joy, it's a tricksy thing, but it does make itself apparent after...err, well, I forget when, but it does. Ocelot has The Sorrow's powers, which actually if you think about it, links in with Liquid's arm and why it affects Ocelot so much. Since Ocelot is, and always has been, a pawn of The Patriots, you could think that he was deliberately given Liquid's arm in order to draw out Solid Snake. A side effect of that could be Liquid's desire to continue on the legacy of Big Boss living on in Ocelot, and to that end, maybe he DOES get Boss' body and somehow brings him back to life.

I doubt that's what you were getting at, but it's my feelings on the matter.

-N-
07-28-2005, 08:35 PM
On the matter of The Sorrow, he's doubtful to come back, but one thing you have to remember is this from MGS3.

Ocelot was the child of The Sorrow and The Joy, it's a tricksy thing, but it does make itself apparent after...err, well, I forget when, but it does. Ocelot has The Sorrow's powers, which actually if you think about it, links in with Liquid's arm and why it affects Ocelot so much. Since Ocelot is, and always has been, a pawn of The Patriots, you could think that he was deliberately given Liquid's arm in order to draw out Solid Snake. A side effect of that could be Liquid's desire to continue on the legacy of Big Boss living on in Ocelot, and to that end, maybe he DOES get Boss' body and somehow brings him back to life.

I doubt that's what you were getting at, but it's my feelings on the matter.Whoa, I missed that one.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Here are some more juicy gossip about MGS4 i would like you to hear, i found it on www.wikipedia.org
It is said that Meryl is in mgs4, even though she died, if you read natashas report of Shadow Moses on Mgs2, it is said that she is meant to have survievied, that Snake escaped with Meryl, even though you get a choice. Also, i heard that Niomi is in it too, she she must have got bail out of prison, and Vamp must not have died, because it says that he is in it too.
That is all the information they said they have confired, but some of it sounds a little fishy...

Lindy
07-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Old.

Why is it spoilers for a game YET TO BE RELEASED?

Naomi has been confirmed yes, and the MGS storyline follows the Meryl ending, since regardless of Snake leaving Shadow Moses without Otacon, the two could still work together and Otacon would still have given Snake the Stealth Camo, so of course Meryl would come back too.

Snake in MGS2 states that he's sick of tomboys, or something like that. Pretty clear sign he was with Meryl.

And Vamp very CLEARLY didn't die, since he was shot in the head, drowned in water too heavy for normal men, beaten down by sniper fire and just kept on running.

Again, the supernatural element.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I put it in Spoilers because.... well from now on, only put MGS ac!d in spilers because i have never played it yet because in UK we dont have the PSP yet :mad2:

Lindy
07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Just put Ac!d and MGS3 spoilers in tags, since they run into the rules on spoiler age.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2005, 10:36 PM
There were two outcomes of MGS1, one where she lives or dies. The official ending allows her to live.

And I think it's easy to say why Ocelot is sometimes possesed by Liquid, mainly it's because he's the son of The Sorrow. But the question is, wouldn't Ocelot have to actually let Liquid's spirit posses him.

Maxico
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Every "new" piece of information has been common knowladge since May. In fact there hasn't been any news on it since E3.

Oh and you forgot that Vamp appeared in the background during the final scene.

Also the fact that Snake points to his bandana and says "infinte ammo" is a pretty clear indicator that Meryl survived.

Also I have super high res pictures of the concept art for MGS4 (3624x5098) and some interesting things to note that I'm not sure are visible on the smaller versions.

Ocelot seems to be wearing a trench coat with a bare chest and dogtags, exactly what liquid used to wear, perhaps signifying that Liquid has completly taken him over?

Vamp seems to have ditched his knife for a kind for a freddy style bladed glove.

And also I don't think I've ever seen Otacon wear black gloves before, doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would have if he was only giving support from afar.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Ocelot doesn't KNOW he's the son of The Sorrow, he doesn't know what powers he has, so how could he have control over it? I'm sure the whole concept of Liquid's arm was staged by The Patriots, they always know what's going on, but Ocelot never does.

That's what I think, and what I've gathered anyway.

Maxico
07-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, there are some people who think that Big Boss is still dead and that the picture just shows that his corpse is important to the story. It would make sense with him being naked and not a cyborg.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, i think Big Boss must be a main character, because it showed you a concept art picture of him on Kojimas site. As anyone seen the Mgs4 Teaser? That was quite funny, its is confired that Snake is going to be the main character by the way, the one that you play as.

Maxico
07-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Not really. Alot of anal retentive fans have noted that whenever anybody sits in a chair that has their role on it, a ding noise appears. But when Snake sits on the chair there is no noise. Then at the end we see Raiden climbing up, the lights go out and we hear a ding.

Kojima said there were loads of hidden messages in it and its pretty hard to dismiss.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I like how, in the MGS4 artwork, Shinkawa has retroactively made Meryl look like Olga, since Olga was supposed to look like Meryl in the first place.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 11:14 PM
But when Snake sits on the chair there is no noise.
thats cuz snake is liek stelth he make no noise lol

UWAOOOOU
07-28-2005, 11:21 PM
But when Snake sits on the chair there I think the all round message of the trailer was that Snake will be the main character.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 11:23 PM
If you totally ignore all the stuff Maxico mentioned, sure.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I think I could even live with Boss' corpse as a main character if it had good gameplay and an engrossing storyline.

Though playing as a corpse would really add new tactical advances, I mean, why would you need the Fake Death pill for a start?

blackchocobo9999
07-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Not really. Alot of anal retentive fans have noted that whenever anybody sits in a chair that has their role on it, a ding noise appears. But when Snake sits on the chair there is no noise. Then at the end we see Raiden climbing up, the lights go out and we hear a ding.

Kojima said there were loads of hidden messages in it and its pretty hard to dismiss.
The Rai9den thing at the end is just teasing you to think that Raiden may once again be the main character, but Hideo defenetly knows that a lot of people hate Raiden, and i dont know why, yeah, hes defenetly a puff, but if he wasnt the main character in 2, and if Snake was, then you wouldnt have much to do, and you would only fight 2 boss', Olga and Fortune.

Excelsior
07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I dont understand how anyone can not like MGS 3, especially if they like the other ones. MGS 3 was a masterpiece of art and deserves to be preserved throughout the rest of time in a museum. (not really, but that would be totally sweet.) oh yeah, and Lindy made a good point when he said people dont like MGS 2 because of Raiden and they didnt get the story, which reminds me of the people who dont like any FF game besides FF7 because there all whiny sephiroth fanboys. And anyone with a brain could have understood the plot to MGS 2, it just required you to think a little bit more then usual. As Lindy would say, "Aww, is the little baby gonna cwy cuz story too complicated and requires some thought?" (or something to that effect....)

Lindy
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Except I'd spell it cry and use the word 'cause.

I do admit that, at times, MGS2's story is a bit of a joke.

"*gasp* THE LA-LI-LU-LE-LO!"

Yeah, that was dumb, the rest was fun though.

Also, I really didn't like the gameplay of MGS3, but the story was very enjoyable.

blackchocobo9999
07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
MGS4 is meant to beat the Jungle stealth and the 1 and 2 stealth, Well, thats what it says on Kojimas site.

Maxico
07-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Sorry I have to say that "A surveillance camera!?" is probably one of the more stupid lines in the series.

Why yes Snake, surprisingly enough there ARE surveillance cameras in heavily guarded nuclear weapons disposal facility.

or the whole

Vamp is not called vamp because he's a bloodsucking, immortal goth who can move fast enough to dodge or deflect bullets and can jump 20 feet in the air... its because he's bi-sexual... the whole vampire thing is just a coincidence.

thing

Lindy
07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
"Oh, I forgot, your heart is on the other side!"

UWAOOOOU
07-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I just beat Boss in MGS3. Wow. Once the music started to play I felt it was the most epic fight I'd ever seen and played with one minute left to kill her. Im watching the rest of the ending right now.

Maxico
07-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the fight with The Boss, it seemed too dreamlike and lacked impact.
And I much prefered the (rather underplayed during that game I think) take of the Metal Gear Solid theme while fighting the shagahod.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2005, 12:29 AM
The MGS3 version of the MGS main theme actually plays quite a bit throughout the game. It's just that only parts of it play in each scene, so there are times when you can't even tell when it's the theme playing. And then there's the fact that the MGS3 version of the MGS theme generally sounds nothing like the MGS1 and MGS2 versions.

Teek
07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
I'd like to see them add to the mindsmurf that MGS2 ended with. (play the game and watch after the credits roll by, and you'll see what I mean)That's already been explained in MGS3.

blackchocobo9999
08-03-2005, 05:37 PM
The Boss fight is really good, but it makes your heart beat really fast, when she on really low health and she says, 30 seconds, your like "OMG, where the F**8 is she!!!"
But why does she leave her top unbuttoned?? She could camoflauge herself better with it buttoned up.

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050801.jpg

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Thats a good comic, did you find it on a website? O, its www.vgcats.com, is there anymore MGS comics on there??

Big D
08-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Anyone considered that Dead Boss could simply be Solidus' body? I think this was the speculation in the first EoFF thread on this very topic.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of the series. It'll be yonks before I can play it since I won't be buying a PS3 for a long time, but I'll probably get there eventually.

Some conclusion, or at least a few answers, would be nice. The exact nature of the Patriots organisation, for instance. They obviously aren't immortal spirits of all the past presidents - like 'Campbell' says near the end of MGS2 - since that's just plain stupid. Similarly, I don't think they're as all-powerful and all-controlling as they like to believe. Their specialty is in manipulating information; by convincing enough people they're truly in charge, they could create that illusion. We know they're the US branch of the Philosophers, the international elite of businesspeople and power-mongers who faded away after the Second World War... but without any of the original members, ideals or objectives.

Plenty of possibilities, there.

It'd be nice if we could finally see Snake gain some true understanding of what Big Boss was really trying to do - challenging the dysfunctional and manipulative world politics that devalued human life and thrived on war. A kind of 'reconciliation' would be good to see, since Snake and Big Boss are both good men who deserve acknowledgement.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM
The corpse in the MGS4 artwork isn't Solidus. Solidus lost his left eye, not his right.

The exact nature of the Patriots was explained in MGS3; in fact, it's prettymuch just as you said in the last sentence of that paragraph. To summarize, they're simply a group of shadowy guys at the top of the U.S. government. The twelve members of the Wisemen's Committee lead them. When a Wiseman dies, a new member succeeds his position. All that "we're not what you'd call human" stuff at the end of MGS2 was pure hubris. The list of guys that died "about 100 years ago" was the original Wisemen's Committee, who were all dead by 1930.

By the time he was leading Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, Big Boss was no longer a good man by any means. Attempting to sink the world into a constant state of war isn't exactly a noble pursuit.

Big D
08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
The corpse in the MGS4 artwork isn't Solidus. Solidus lost his left eye, not his right.

The exact nature of the Patriots was explained in MGS3; in fact, it's prettymuch just as you said in the last sentence of that paragraph. To summarize, they're simply a group of shadowy guys at the top of the U.S. government. The twelve members of the Wisemen's Committee lead them. When a Wiseman dies, a new member succeeds his position. All that "we're not what you'd call human" stuff at the end of MGS2 was pure hubris. The list of guys that died "about 100 years ago" was the original Wisemen's Committee, who were all dead by 1930.Yep, that much I remember... but the mysterious list of the wisemen included no names of living people, only the original members. That is the interesting part - since their 'true' membership died by the '30s, who were the actual Patriots/Philosophers after then? Both EVA and The Boss were raised by the Philosophers, and Ocelt's entire life was sculpted by them, but both Adamska Ivan and EVA are too young to have been around while the original Philosophers were alive. The Boss and others seem to mention that the last of the 'actual' Philosophers died in the 1930s; the entire point of Operation Snake Eater was to secure the funding to 'revive' the organisation. For me, that just raises the question of who's actually been in charge since the '30s...

It'd also be interesting to find out why the Patriots are also known by what looks like a line from one of the Japanese alphabets - La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.

By the time he was leading Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, Big Boss was no longer a good man by any means. Attempting to sink the world into a constant state of war isn't exactly a noble pursuit.Was he really trying to achieve that, or was he actually waging war against the Philosophers and their vile machinations? He couldn't openly declare war on them, because everyone would think he's nuts - taking on an invisible, pervasive 'world order' that no-one else knows about. Also, his true motives wouldn't have been revealed to the likes of Snake, who were supposed to oppose him.
But then, I've not played the original games, and my only knowledge of them is what's provided in the original MGS.

Maxico
08-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Considering that we have seen a ghost/spirit medium, successful human cloning and somebody living through an arm I don't think we can rule out the original wisemans comitee being revived just yet.

Big D
08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmm... perhaps Big Boss was used not only for cloning expriments, but also for pioneering cryogenics? His body was frozen, after all. Could explain his re-appearance... somebody living through an arm Thankfully, that's not the case. The arm was just acting like a "conduit", allowing Ocelot's latent psychic powers to channel Liquid's spirit.

silverpigeon97
08-04-2005, 12:36 PM
you may be taking mgs just a bit too seriously there

Destai
08-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Its all in good fun.

edczxcvbnm
08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Hmm... perhaps Big Boss was used not only for cloning expriments, but also for pioneering cryogenics? His body was frozen, after all. Could explain his re-appearance... somebody living through an arm Thankfully, that's not the case. The arm was just acting like a "conduit", allowing Ocelot's latent psychic powers to channel Liquid's spirit.

It would be his talking to the dead powers. He is the long lost son of The Sorrow right?

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 01:28 PM
It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork. He was using the arm to get his way into the body. The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!

Maxico
08-04-2005, 01:51 PM
It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork.

I said that last page.

The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!

Big Boss never turned to anything. He was creating a society in which soldiers would be appreicated for what they have done, and other countries saw it as a threat.

"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." is rather fitting in this situation.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 01:55 PM
It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork.

I said that last page.

The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!

Big Boss never turned to anything. He was creating a society in which soldiers would be appreicated for what they have done, and other countries saw it as a threat.

"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." is rather fitting in this situation.
O, i didnt noticed what you had put, but you must be right :D
And i meant by turned as in he left America to do what he thought was right, but America (or should i say, the patriots) didnt like that, and sent in Solid Snake and Grey Fox (I think) to go and eliminate him, becasue it was a threat to America and the Patriots power.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Actually, he was creating a society of mercenaries who could fight in perpetual world wars that he would instigate with Metal Gear, simply because warriors only feel alive on the battlefield, or somesuch.

Sadly, those mercenaries included Running Man and Ultrabox, so you can tell what kind of society it was going to be like.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I also, have never played the first two Metal gears, only the Metal gear solids, so i only know what i have heard and read

Lindy
08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
You're not missing out on much, trust me.

Maxico
08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Both games will be playable on MGS3: Subsistance anyway. In all their Poisonous Hamster and Hi-tech NASA Ninja glory.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Anti-strangling missiles plzthnx.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Will they? Cool. Do you know if subsitence will have something like VR missions?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Was he really trying to achieve that, or was he actually waging war against the Philosophers and their vile machinations? He couldn't openly declare war on them, because everyone would think he's nuts - taking on an invisible, pervasive 'world order' that no-one else knows about. Also, his true motives wouldn't have been revealed to the likes of Snake, who were supposed to oppose him.
But then, I've not played the original games, and my only knowledge of them is what's provided in the original MGS.I don't buy that everything Big Boss said to Snake before their fight in MG2 was just a smokescreen, and his actual motive was to fight the Patriots. That just cheapens everything.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
The storys cocked up i think at bits like the original metal gears didnt plan the sequals to have the patriots in and stuff, and in the next installments of games you found out more, e.g,ocelot been a child of the Sorrow who can posses powers to bring the undead back sort of, like what happenes to Liquid, and that he is a child of the patriot and so on, but it dosent go with the previous game, like you think at the end of MGS2, where Otacon says the Patriots have been dead for 200 years, but that was just the original members who were dead, as it explains on MGS3, which took place before MGS2 . It sort of crosses it-self with storys. :mad:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
No, it actually all flows very smoothly. MG and MG2 only stand out because their stories aren't as complex as those in the MGS games, but that's not a point of conflict.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, i have never played the original Metal gears, but i doubt that they would have had a more in-depth storyline because, games them days didnt really need storys, because people thought that games were to play, not watch half an hour cutscenes.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I FEEL ASLEEP!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I GOOFED! THE LORRY HAVE STARTED TO MOVE!
Well, i have never played the original Metal gears, but i doubt that they would have had a more in-depth storyline because, games them days didnt really need storys, because people thought that games were to play, not watch half an hour cutscenes.That's actually where the Metal Gear games stood out. In addition to favoring stealth over action, they were also uncommon in their focus on plot. Then, in the PlayStation era, when plot had become more important in games, the MGS games took it even further. You could say the series has always been ahead of the game when it comes to plot.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 09:50 PM
MG and MG2 had quantity over quality for the most part though.

Either that or it was just awful translation that didn't help.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I just saw metal gear crisis 1.2 on Newgrounds, its pretty good, there is a link to it in legendary frogs site, which is in my sig

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm sure that in 1987, Metal Gear's plot was nothing short of stunning. If not for the drama, then for the bits out of Kojima's eccentric psyche, like the fact that Jennifer won't respond to your radio unless you have a four-star rank, the times when you call Diana and instead get her brother Steve ("This is Steve... Diane? You again! Stop coming on to Diane!"), Big Boss's "post-modern before post-modern was cool" order to TURN OFF THE MSX, and of course, the fact that equipping cigarettes makes the self-destruct timer at the end of the game give you more time.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
There arnt voices on the originals are there?

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, fine, I'll give you the MSX MG, but MG on the NES and MG2 were...lacking.

There arnt voices on the originals are there?
Of course there are, all console games in '80s had voices.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Is that sacasme or are you telling the truth, coz all the nes games i been on aint had voices

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Congratulations for answering your own question, it's quite a useful talent.

Cloud No.9
08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
didn't final fantasy have voices?

mg2 was never released on the nes. that was snake's revenge and was absolute crap.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 10:25 PM
MG2 had even more of that stuff, though! Having to listen and actually use Tap Codes in order to get a frequency, equipping the right kind of ration to appeal to a pigeon's appetite in order to get the note it was carrying, being able to catch a cold, sneaking into a women's bathroom in order to rendezvous with an ally, using an owl's hoot to trick a guard into thinking night was coming (as little sense as it made), using the chocolate contained in another kind of ration to dissolve toxic puddles, the boss fight where the enemy is invisible and the only way to spot him is to listen to the sound of his footsteps and figure out what surface he's standing on, taking advantage of the temperatures in a sauna and in a refrigerated food storage room to change the shape-memory alloy in a certain item, being able to use a recording of the soldiers' national anthem to make them stand at attention, and yes, being left without any equipment for the final battle and having to assemble a makeshift flamethrower out of a lighter and an aerosol can.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/mg2-439.gif

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/mg2-440.gif

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/mg2-445.gif

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/mg2-447.gif

Classic.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
http://slowbeef.com/MG2/images8/fMSX0080.jpg

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 10:30 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/mg2-343.gif

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:36 PM
http://slowbeef.com/MG2/images0/fMSX0010.jpg

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
It looks really good that, is there any emulators you can get it on which isnt illegal?
Is that the second one?

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:38 PM
http://www.msxnet.org/gtinter/mg2-emu.htm

They're always illegal, genius.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Well, just someone in there sig says they got FF emulator which are not illegal so i just thought....

Is it avalible to buy off of E-bay for pc?

Edit by D: Don't double-post, please.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
...It was on the MSX, not PC, and I just gave you a link to download it, what the hell is wrong with you?

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:44 PM
:sleepy:
lol, i am tired, i didnt sleep, i might go to sleep now

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 10:46 PM
You have some options.
Go to great expense to acquire an MSX and an MG2 cartridge. Lament that you can't understand any of the text and have no idea how to progress because the game is in Japanese.
Use a highly illegal emulator such as fMSX or BlueMSX to play a fan-translated ROM image of MG2. Live the rest of your life in guilt and fear of the Internet police coming to your house and placing you in prison for the rest of your life.
Wait until Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is released to legally play MG2 with updated character portraits, a new item or two, and an official translation. Lament that some character names were changed and complain that the fan translation and MSX portraits were so much better.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
ok.... i get it now..... dont download it becasue it is a waste of time and space and it is in a different language and it is really illegal and you could get arrested... ok, ill wait till MGS3: subsitence :D

Lindy
08-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes, the police are coming to your house right now because you downloaded a game and emulator for a console that most people don't even know about, better get packing for the long prison sentence you'll recieve for emulating a game.

Cloud No.9
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
just wait til subsistence.

Destai
08-04-2005, 11:13 PM
...It was on the MSX, not PC, and I just gave you a link to download it, what the hell is wrong with you?You and your attitude problem clearly. Sheesh s/hes not an expert on the subject like you so give him a break for not reading your mind.

Lindy
08-04-2005, 11:14 PM
...Or reading the thread, where it has been stated that MG2 was for the MSX.

I have the attitude where I can't bear people who are too lazy to read people's posts which contain all the information they need, which you also seem to have done.

Destai
08-04-2005, 11:19 PM
...Or reading the thread, where it has been stated that MG2 was for the MSX.

I have the attitude where I can't bear people who are too lazy to read people's posts which contain all the information they need, which you also seem to have done.Yeah maybe thats it but I'll just go out on a limb and make my assumptions. Simple questions and you took your cheap shots any chance you got.

Erdrick Holmes
08-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Notice how the Genome army in MGS1 was stated to have highly advanced sences of hearing and vision. Yet if you're nine feet away from them they can't see you.

Is Metal Gear 2 worth playing at all?

Lindy
08-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Only as the highest form of comedy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I'd say it's equal to MGS1. Mainly because MGS1 ripped so much stuff off from it.

Lindy
08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes, I loved the part where I had to blast Otacon off my back using Nikita Missiles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh, if only.

Erdrick Holmes
08-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Does somebody piss their pants in MG1 and 2? Because in all three MGS games somebody pisses their pants in fear.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately not. MG2 did have a naked guard (well, except for his beret) in the sauna, though.

Erdrick Holmes
08-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Did it also have a radar and guards that couldn't see nine feet in front of them like in MGS1 and 2?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2005, 01:07 AM
You can see the radar in the screenshots; it's just like MGS1's, right down to the kanji, except you can't see each guard's "cone of vision." They simply appear as dots, so if they're offscreen, you can't tell where they're looking.

As for the guards' intelligence, it's advanced in comparison to the first game, where they could only see in the direction their bodies were facing. In MG2, they gained the ability to actually look around. Revolutionary!

Lindy
08-05-2005, 01:08 AM
...Maybe looking at the screenshots we posted would help, you know, they're more than just deeply amusing displays of how Big Boss is Sean Connery and Snake is Sly Stallone.

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW SNAKE!

blackchocobo9999
08-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Yes, the police are coming to your house right now because you downloaded a game and emulator for a console that most people don't even know about, better get packing for the long prison sentence you'll recieve for emulating a game.
I didnt download it, i didnt say i did

Erdrick Holmes
08-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Oh, I didn't see the radar on those 'shots.

Maxico
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
It's a big green thing to the right, split into 9 parts.

And Snake really does look terrified by the Radio's antenna.

blackchocobo9999
08-05-2005, 06:57 PM
It looks like they have cocked up on the colours for his bandana, it looks like Big Boss' from MGS3, because it is green

Maxico
08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Well if I'm not mistaken Big Boss gives him that Bandana in the first game.

blackchocobo9999
08-05-2005, 09:03 PM
o, right, why is his blue in MGS 1 and 2 though? wouldnt he use the same?

Cloud No.9
08-05-2005, 11:02 PM
cos his suit was blue and it would have not been in co-ordination then.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Well if I'm not mistaken Big Boss gives him that Bandana in the first game.Nope. It's cool to think Snake's bandana is the same one that Big Boss used to wear, but there's nothing to really substantiate it. That, and the MG2 manual states that the bandana is standard issue for all members of FOXHOUND.

Erdrick Holmes
08-06-2005, 01:08 AM
I used to think that Snake's headband used to be the one that Boss wore in MGS3.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-06-2005, 02:04 AM
how can u forgot abou the old metal gear for nintendo?

Lindy
08-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Because it was an awful rape of Metal Gear for the MSX?

Big D
08-06-2005, 06:02 AM
I used to think that Snake's headband used to be the one that Boss wore in MGS3.Big Boss has Boss' old headband, but Snake's bandanna is entirely his own.

blackchocobo9999
08-06-2005, 10:08 AM
If all FOXHOUND members had to wear a bandana, why didnt Grey Fox?? or did he?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Gray Fox did in fact wear a bandana, but it's never said that members are required to wear them; it's just one of many pieces of equipment they are provided. You'll notice none of the FOXHOUND members in MGS1 wear bandanas, although they are kind of rebelling anyway.

blackchocobo9999
08-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Well, i wouldnt do something which my former commander told me to do if i was on 'strike' or rebbeling, so yeah, thats why they arent weraing there bandanas, but i think i would if i really liked my bandana. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Instead they're all wearing matching trenchcoats.

blackchocobo9999
08-06-2005, 10:35 AM
It might be their signature thing as a rebellion...

Princess_Yuna
08-06-2005, 12:09 PM
:save:I've played Metal Gear a bit..........:save:

blackchocobo9999
08-07-2005, 01:04 PM
When is Subsitence actually coming out?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
November 14 in the States. No word on Japan or Europe.

blackchocobo9999
08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Damn, i need to know when it comes out in Europe, it'll be around feburary my guesses for Europe and mabye december for Japan.

Cloud No.9
08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
i have a problem with my mgs.

i just completed it. and the credits went down. then it seemed to get stuck at the konami bit of the credits at the end is that meant to happen?

Maxico
08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
It happens when you play the first Metal Gear Solid on PS2. It happens to everybody as far as I am aware.

Cloud No.9
08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
what? so it's unavoidable and won' let me go beyond that point?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I've only ever played MGS1 on PS2, and it's never happened to me.

Cloud No.9
08-09-2005, 07:08 PM
could it be the disk? or do i have to try it on a ps1?

Maxico
08-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Well it happened to me, all my freinds and I read of it happening in several magazines when I got my PS2.

All of those sources were Engish however so it may be different in different reigons.

Cloud No.9
08-09-2005, 07:20 PM
well i'm in uk pal too so maybe that explains it.

blackchocobo9999
08-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Or it may only happen to big ps2's, just like the thing with the blue disks, which they fixed for the slimline, i own both fat and thin and it is right how they fixed it because i can play all my blue disks on the slimline, so it may be the same case for the thing happening to your metal gear if it happened to so many gamers. Did you use a slimline ps2 Kawaii?

Cloud No.9
08-09-2005, 08:38 PM
i have a slim line one

okay here's a puzzle name as many metal gear characters as you can by their real name (full).

donut dubbel post plz ~ D

Big D
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
I use a PAL PS2 and MGS works fine for me. The Special Missions disc, however, is completely useless.

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
well, i am totally clueless, it may only happen to certain ps2's. mmmmmm.......

Cloud No.9
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
my special mission disc works fine.

i'll start of my little quiz.

big boss - john doe.

gray fox - frank jaegar.

can anyone get the other ones?

Edit by Kishi: It is like you cannot listen.

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
erm.... Big Boss= jack .T. Miles
John Doe isnt his real name, it is his pretend name he gives to para-medic, as a joke, she says she is called jane Doe, and he knows she is lying and says John Doe, as a joke, same with Ocelot

Cloud No.9
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
missed that as i only played the first hour of it.

doesn't major tom (not telling his rel name yet) refer to big boss as john at the start of mgs3 when he is breifing him?

what's solid snake's second name?

Lindy
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Solid is David Hayter, they just named him after his voice actor.

Plus that adds to the beauty of Otacon's real name.

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
No, he referes to him as Jack, and Major Tom changes his codename back to Major Zero because of reasons. Tom isnt his real name.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Yet more beautiful little jokes, Kojima must be a Bowie fan.

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
He based Snakes alias for MGS2, iroquis Pliskin, on a guy or band called Pliskin Snake. He also based Emmerick, on his favorite movie directors surname.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 03:57 PM
For one, just no.

Snake HIMSELF was based on Snake Pliskin in Escape from New York, he was exactly like Snake's character, he also had an eye patch like Big Boss, there was a virus akin to Fox-Die involved, a Colonel just like Campbell, a Doctor just like Naomi. The story also involved rescuing the President, I believe, or maybe his daughter, I forget, it was a pretty goofy film.

Secondly, Otacon's surname is Emmerich, not Emmerick.

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but, i was half right lol

Lindy
08-10-2005, 04:12 PM
...Exactly which half of that was right then?

blackchocobo9999
08-10-2005, 04:31 PM
The snake was based on someone called Snake Pliskin and that Hals last name was based on Hideo's favorite Director.

Maxico
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
John Doe is a name used by Police to address an unidentified corpse (not directly obviously).

He uses it twice. The first time to Paramedic and she calls herself Jane Doe to show that she doesn't want to give him her name.

The second time to Ocelot, he replies with Adamska, using the Female suffix, to show that it is not his real name.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Solid is David Hayter, they just named him after his voice actor.Not at all. He's just "David," no last name given, and he was named after David Forrester, Meryl's counterpart in Policenauts. And also, like you said, David Bowman from 2001: A Space Odyssey, to complete the "HAL and Dave" joke.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Hate you.

But at least I got the one up with the Escape from New York reference >=(

...Though I'm sure you knew that as well.

Actually, doesn't Snake just say his name is Dave, not David.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 09:06 PM
He calls himself David, and then Meryl/Otacon calls him Dave.

As for Big Boss, the official MGS3 website specifically says that Jack is his only his nickname. And since Jack is a nickname for John, he must have been telling Ocelot the truth inside the WiG.

Cloud No.9
08-10-2005, 09:39 PM
i thought so. is solid snake's second name not available?

Cruise Control
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Sons of Liberty and ACID were the best.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
They certainly had the twistiest storylines.
is solid snake's second name not available?Yes.

Cloud No.9
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
what about liquid and solidus?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Solidus is George Sears, and we don't even know Liquid's first name, much less his last.

Big D
08-10-2005, 10:32 PM
The second time to Ocelot, he replies with Adamska, using the Female suffix, to show that it is not his real name.That's a feminine form? Hmm. We know that Ocelot's surname is Ivan, since Raven calls him "General Ivan" in MGS. I guess his first name would be... Adam? Adamski?
I'm curious about the translation of "Shalashaska", too.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Liquid's name is Cam Clarke lolz

Maxico
08-10-2005, 11:04 PM
That's a feminine form? Hmm. We know that Ocelot's surname is Ivan, since Raven calls him "General Ivan" in MGS. I guess his first name would be... Adam? Adamski?
I'm curious about the translation of "Shalashaska", too.

Ivan was a common nickname used to refer to the Russians.

Shalashaska is slang for 'prison' in Russian, and apparantly it was given to him during the Soviet invasion of Afganistan due to his reputation as a Sadist.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes, "General Ivan" is just a nasty remark referring to the fact that Ocelot is Russian. Vamp calls him "Crazy Ivan" in MGS2, as well, but it's not his actual name. It's the same as calling an American guy "Johnny," a Mexican guy "Miguel," etc.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I'd call a Mexican Pedro, personally.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
And an American G.I. Joe.

Lindy
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
So, did you fork Johnny's dad, or was a cigarette seduction more your style?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
I usually use the radio frequency to unlock the cell door while he's using the bathroom. I enjoy listening to him remark on the volume of his diarrhea while the prisoner he's supposed to be watching is walking out the front door.

And it's Johnny's granddad.

Maxico
08-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Technicaly its also Johnny. All the first born males in his family are called Johnny.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Obviously, but by default, "Johnny" refers the twenty-first century version we've come to know and love.

SHUT UP IN THERE WILLYA

Lindy
08-11-2005, 12:19 AM
I do hope Johnny returns in MGS4, as a secret playable character.

I'm sure he could produce an amusing mini-game.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 10:50 AM
In MGS3, i broke out in all the ways, i used the frequency the first time i played, and the second time, i quit and reloaded to get the secret mini-game, then when he woke up, he got the secret cutscene, then when Johnny gave me the food, i threw it back to him 3 times, and a secret cutscene came up, telling him about his family and how he used to live in America, and thinks that not all americans are dogs, and saying that all first borns in his family are named Johnny. Then i spin Snake round on the cure menu loads of times, then in gameplay, he gets sick, and Johnny comes in, opning the door, then i attack him with the fork, and kill him. I didnt wanna kill him :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
He never would have died if he'd been like his grandson, who would have just served up Big Boss a nice big shutupintherewillya.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 02:01 PM
mmm... Well, it never officially says it is his grandad, it may be his dad, and the one who you are on about may be the one from 1 and 2, because he would be old enough....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 02:05 PM
MGS3 Johnny's son had already been born in 1964. That would put the other Johnny in his forties during MGS1 and MGS2, and he clearly isn't that old.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 02:16 PM
But you never do actually see his face. Also, wouldnt the Johnny on MGS1 be a Genome Solider? And if he was fit for his age, he would be able to run and stuff, so you never know, but yes, i do think Johnny on MGS3 is his grandfather, but he may not be.....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 02:18 PM
If nothing else, you can tell by his voice.

Lindy
08-11-2005, 03:08 PM
And the...bowel problems.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, he defecates like only a robust youngster can.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
So, is he a Genome Solider?

Lindy
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm sure explosive diarrhoea is part of the Genome soldier's genetic makeup, yes.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 10:16 PM
But wouldnt he die in the explosion at Shadow Moses, because it says all traces of the Genome Soliders were destroyed, including the Genome Soliders themselves.

Big D
08-11-2005, 10:21 PM
He clearly escaped, since he's in MGS2. Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced the entire facility was obliterated. I doubt they'd bomb the entire Genome Army just to keep them secret; they were already well hidden. The goal was to keep the public from finding out; a bit of media spin could fix that. I know that Ocelot tells Solidus, "the entire unit was wiped out", but I figured he was referring to Foxhound.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah.... but..... If he joined the Sons Of Liberty, wouldnt they know that he was a Genome Solider, unless Ocelot personally ranked him, seen as he might have know his grandfather, and that himself was part of the Shadow Moses incident....

Lindy
08-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Ever thought that he was in the Russian army?

Gurlukovich donates troops to Liquid, Johnny would be one of them, since his grandfather was in the Russian army, it would also explain Johnny being with the unit in MGS2, the same troops.

Maxico
08-11-2005, 10:45 PM
He didn't join the Sons of Liberty. He ended up with Gurlukovich's troops (refering to them as "pretty decent bunch"), which fell under Olgas command when Sergei died.

blackchocobo9999
08-11-2005, 10:55 PM
i wonder where he'll go next.....

Big D
08-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if he survived the activation of Arsenal Gear... but I suppose it's to be expected.

Excelsior
08-12-2005, 04:29 AM
oh of course he survived you big sillies! :p johnny is as always in metal gear games as chocobos are always in FF games.

blackchocobo9999
08-14-2005, 11:23 AM
What do you think Radiens real name will be in MGS4, because at the end he says he'll change it (i am saying it in a short way, so dont scream at me if i am missing the point) I dont know what it may be, he may even change the code name Raiden. and he may not act like such a puff.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 11:42 AM
We have this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=67921) thread for MGS4 predictions.

blackchocobo9999
08-15-2005, 10:29 AM
We have this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=67921) thread for MGS4 predictions.
O, sorry

how does Liquids arm actually get onto Ocelot, it never tells you...

Big D
08-15-2005, 10:42 AM
how does Liquids arm actually get onto Ocelot, it never tells you...Transplant surgery. Ocelot needed a new arm, Liquid wasn't using his, so Ocelot had it cut off and then surgically re-attached in France. At one point, he tries to blame the French surgeons for the "possession" incidents that plague him periodically. "I never trust a Frenchman!"

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 12:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/arm.png

blackchocobo9999
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/arm.png
I love that animation by LegendaryFrog (my favorite) and NALO. In the second animation, when Snake kills Liquid, Ocelot found his arm, 'yoink'.

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 02:39 PM
How on earth did Ocelot get possessed by an arm anyway? Second brain?

blackchocobo9999
08-15-2005, 02:42 PM
How on earth did Ocelot get possessed by an arm anyway? Second brain?
Well, he is the son of the sorrow as hinted in MGS3, so thats how he got possesed by the arm

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Ocelot needed a new arm, Liquid wasn't using his, so Ocelot had it cut off and then surgically re-attached in France. At one point, he tries to blame the French surgeons for the "possession" incidents that plague him periodically. "I never trust a Frenchman!"The irony of it all is that Ocelot was born in France.

blackchocobo9999
08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Ocelot needed a new arm, Liquid wasn't using his, so Ocelot had it cut off and then surgically re-attached in France. At one point, he tries to blame the French surgeons for the "possession" incidents that plague him periodically. "I never trust a Frenchman!"The irony of it all is that Ocelot was born in France.
Is he, i thought he was born in Russia? And even if he was, it didnt mean he lived there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
He was born in Normandy, France on June 6, 1944.

Lindy
08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
It seems like SOMEBODY completely missed the whole JoyxSorrow = Baby concept.

blackchocobo9999
08-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Ok, i get it now, he was raised in Russia, but born in France.

Big D
08-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Yep. His mother was an American soldier - The Boss (though goodness knows why and how a full-term expectant mother was able to go into war and his father was Russian. But he was never really working for any specific country; rather, he was serving the interests of The Philosophers' organisation.

blackchocobo9999
08-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Yep. His mother was an American soldier - The Boss (though goodness knows why and how a full-term expectant mother was able to go into war and his father was Russian. But he was never really working for any specific country; rather, he was serving the interests of The Philosophers' organisation.
And the philosophers wanted him to serve Russia for a bit of the time.