PDA

View Full Version : You're in the army now. WOOOOOOOOW .

Levian
07-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Ok, so are you going to the army when you grow up, or perhaps you've already been there? Let me know of your expectations or experiences of the army.

me? Oh, I was a first class soldier. I learned lots of neat stuff and got to fight with strong feminine guys with long hair. Actually this one time when we had to go up in the mountains and check out this old reactor we met huge /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing monsters and we slayed them, or at least that feminine guy did. But me and me pre-emptive materia helped an awful lot. awful lot.

discuss.

Rye
07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm much too wimpy for the army. I'd start crying the second I got there. xD

Did you have high yellow hair when you were a Soldier?

Primus Inter Pares
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I am going to Sjokrigskolen in a few years that's the Norwegian Naval Academy if anyone is curious... Officer training... Only the best for those of us with blue blood XD

Military service is compulsory in Norway :)

UWAOOOOU
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
<!--AERIS DIES-->

That really has no pertinence to this conversation. Additionally, I'd thank you to take a look at the latest announcement. --foa

Chris
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm in-listing in the army this fall - I'm kinda excited. :hyper:

DarknessFromAbove
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
lol "feminine guy" . . . I hate the millitary, except in video games :D my dad's in the millitary, and it sux. We move all the time, and I never see him. Millitary housing sux too :mad: :cry:

GooeyToast
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, i always dreamed of getting blown into tiny bits....

~Keep it gooey~

Zeldy
07-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt mind being in the army, i think it would be coolies :cool:

Levian
07-26-2005, 04:23 PM

how did you know?! I bet you were one of the monsters we encountered. :cool:

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
lol me too! acually that is how i wish to die :\ hmmm... anyways

in in afjrotc now (speaking of which my stupid mom needs to take my uniform to get cleaned! lazy biotch!). im planning on going to the air force acadamy and you have to join the af asap if you go there, but you're automatically an officer o-1 or o-2 if you get lucky and are grand victorian and stuff. its like the hardest college in america to get in to

ha ha stupid bri is in the njrotc in georgia! what a deuche! she shouldn't have moved!! :mad2:

*afjrotc- air force junior reserve officer training corps
*njrotc- navy junior reserve officeer training corps

ThroneofDravaris
07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
I was in the army....

It didn't work out as I had expected....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1046083/stepguy.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1046083/evastep.jpg

Ouch

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
hmmm.... did you start out an E-1?

Rye
07-26-2005, 04:27 PM

how did you know?! I bet you were one of the monsters we encountered. :cool:

Well, did you see any of these:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/ryeryechu/bobsponge.gif http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/ryeryechu/raichu.gif

:o!

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
XD lol

theundeadhero
07-26-2005, 06:46 PM
When I grow up I want to get out of the Army :p

Caspian
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
That signature is awesome. ^

UWAOOOOU
07-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I like the pirate cat and the robot. ^

Hawkeye
07-26-2005, 07:43 PM
If I were to go into the services, I would want to join the navy and go to the academy and become an officer right as I graduated

Levian
07-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I am going to Sjokrigskolen in a few years that's the Norwegian Naval Academy if anyone is curious... Officer training... Only the best for those of us with blue blood XD

Så jævla kult. Trudde faen meg ikke det var norskinger her, men det var det vett. Jeg skal i garden i Januar. Hvorfor jeg kom til garden veit jeg ikke. Jeg satte opp tre ønsker og ingen av dem var garden. Hvor i Norges vide land befinner du deg da?

Aphelion
07-26-2005, 07:51 PM
No. I won't let that stupid government send me to a remote island to fight against rebel robots. :D

Seriously, no, I don't plan to.

Alive-Cat
07-26-2005, 08:43 PM
I've been in the army. But when I started thinking that I'd been created, I kinda went insane and tried to take over the world.

War Angel
07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm in the army now, and I can't say much of it, for reasons I can speak nothing of, either. It's hard, very hard at times... but it's my contribution for the nation's survival.

Meat Puppet
07-26-2005, 09:29 PM
I went to kill Vietcongs and save the life of my lieutenant. Didn't find his legs though, which is a shame.

Sasquatch
07-27-2005, 03:54 AM
I actually enjoy being a Soldier. Sure, Iraq sucks, but there's much more honor and pride in the military than in any civilian profession. I have barely more than three years left until I can re-enlist (which means I'm halfway through my contract!), but I probably will. I always figure it's better for me to go off and fight than for some guy with a wife and kids back home.

Officers are wussies. Usually no better qualified for their positions than any of the Enlisted men, but get paid a hell of a lot more, and get more authority to abuse and misuse. Our branches always make fun of each other, but a lot of it is true--Marines are dumb and Air Force are spoiled wimps, mainly. But it's like a brotherhood--yeah, we pick on each other, we may even fight, but we're still brothers, and we're still American military, the most honorable profession in the world.

ZeZipster
07-27-2005, 04:01 AM
If my parents treat me the way they treat my brother when I'm 18, I will join the Navy.

Jebus
07-27-2005, 04:09 AM
I don't believe in military service. I'm a pacifist.

In my opinion violence should only be used in defence as a very last resort. And even in that case, there should be no killing. I'd sooner die myself, than kill someone else, even if they're trying to kill me.

Killing someone is murder, no matter the reason.

Doomie
07-27-2005, 04:30 AM
I considered it.

CloudSquallandZidane
07-27-2005, 06:54 AM
I joined the Air Force instead. A place where my skillz will be appreacited.

nik0tine
07-27-2005, 08:00 AM
I don't believe in the military.

Primus Inter Pares
07-27-2005, 09:40 AM

Så jævla kult. Trudde faen meg ikke det var norskinger her, men det var det vett. Jeg skal i garden i Januar. Hvorfor jeg kom til garden veit jeg ikke. Jeg satte opp tre ønsker og ingen av dem var garden. Hvor i Norges vide land befinner du deg da?
Stavanger naar eg komme tebage :)

Cruise Control
07-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Levian stole my story, get your own memories. I'm secretly a wimp and would be a tech guy if I was in the Army

Old Manus
07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I would, but the Borgs say I need surgery. Some special eye, or something.

Itsunari 2000
07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I've considered the military before in the past but, nah,I don't relish the idea really given today's circumstances ie. becoming cannonfodder " peacekeeping " in the Middle East.My personal convictions are too strong to serve my country for something I don't believe in.

Anyway,I've got other things to pursue.

Sasquatch
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I've found that most people who resent the military usually don't have the courage themselves it takes. There's a certain sense of honor and duty that's required to enlist, and with quite a few people, I'm glad they will never be behind me in a firefight, because I don't have confidence/trust that they'd cover me.

And there's a big difference in killing and murdering, by the way. Defending yourself, or others, is nowhere near murder.

herbie08
07-27-2005, 09:41 PM
im planning on going to the air force acadamy and you have to join the af asap if you go there, but you're automatically an officer o-1 or o-2 if you get lucky and are grand victorian and stuff. its like the hardest college in america to get in to

Actually, it's the Coast Guard Academy, but only because they only accept 275 whereas all the other Academies accept 1200. the Air Force Academy is allright...if you like getting your asses kicked by Navy Football, that is.

Me, I love the U.S. Naval Academy. Not only is it a great education, a great training program, and a beautiful campus; but we've also got the movie Top Gun and Tom Cruise on our side. I get to travel the seven seas and expand my culture, and I get to do it going twice the speed of sound (maybe three times pending advances in technology). Plus chicks totally dig the uniform :cool:

Sasquatch
07-28-2005, 04:18 AM
DCUs are better than all the Navy uniforms...except y'all's Dress Whites, we gotta give you that. The Dress Whites are awesome, much better than the "pickle suit" we get (Army Dress Greens). But the Army's got much better movies, without having Tom Cruise in 'em, and that's a bonus for us.

As I've said before, most Enlisted men don't like Officers too much, but at least the Officers that go through a Military Academy are better qualified than just any ROTC program. Most of the time, the only difference between an O1 and an E-3 is that the butterbar gets paid a hellovalot more...they don't know any different, don't get (or deserve) any more or less respect, and both usually have attitudes because they outrank some people.

Blue_Mage
07-28-2005, 04:39 AM
I would not last long in the milatay. I have a very strong will & I would not let those drill sargenst yell in my face & get away with it. Luckily I am flat footed so I have an escuss. :)

Meow
07-28-2005, 04:49 AM
i'd join the army, but the horn section might get in the way.

Old Manus
07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
The army is like Shinra

Jebus
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I've found that most people who resent the military usually don't have the courage themselves it takes. There's a certain sense of honor and duty that's required to enlist, and with quite a few people, I'm glad they will never be behind me in a firefight, because I don't have confidence/trust that they'd cover me.

And there's a big difference in killing and murdering, by the way. Defending yourself, or others, is nowhere near murder.

I have a sense of honor, as a matter of fact, I have a stronger sense of honor than most people, and I personally believe that killing, even in self defense, is murder.

While I will fight to save someone else, I will do it only as a last resort. If the choice is kill or be killed, I chose to die.

Shoden
07-28-2005, 12:03 PM
not really unless i could shove pineapples down the leaders arse

silverpigeon97
07-28-2005, 12:11 PM
my family expects me to go to sandhurst when im 21. Thats the officer training academy for the british army in case you dont know.

Squall04
07-28-2005, 08:51 PM
im planning on going to the air force acadamy and you have to join the af asap if you go there, but you're automatically an officer o-1 or o-2 if you get lucky and are grand victorian and stuff. its like the hardest college in america to get in to

Actually, it's the Coast Guard Academy, but only because they only accept 275 whereas all the other Academies accept 1200. the Air Force Academy is allright...if you like getting your asses kicked by Navy Football, that is.

Me, I love the U.S. Naval Academy. Not only is it a great education, a great training program, and a beautiful campus; but we've also got the movie Top Gun and Tom Cruise on our side. I get to travel the seven seas and expand my culture, and I get to do it going twice the speed of sound (maybe three times pending advances in technology). Plus chicks totally dig the uniform :cool:

Oh you can just STFU right now. We had the Commander in Chief's cup like the five years before this one. Besides, you didn't kick our asses, you won by a last minute field goal. Trust me, I was there in the sea of blue! (Actually it was the sea of green that night because for some reason they had us in BDUs for the game). Next year, though, mark my words, we're getting that dang goat! Besides, Tom Cruise sucks.

If you couldn't already guess, I'm a cadet at the Air Force Academy right now. I like it, it's what I've always wanted to do, but it's not for everyone. I hope not all enlisted disrespect officers like someone here said. I know brand new butterbars can act like they know everything and that's a shame, because hopefully that isn't representative of the officer corps.

It's been said that for every cadet at USAFA, there are 12 others that applied to be there, so I don't know how that goes for competitiveness. Oh, and somebody was mistaken, once you graduate, you are commissioned as an O-1 no matter what, nobody gets O-2 no matter what your class standing was.

theundeadhero
07-29-2005, 05:44 AM
The rumor is that in the Army if you graduate from Westpoint instead of anywhere else you start off as an O-2.

XSabinX
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't believe in military service. I'm a pacifist.

In my opinion violence should only be used in defence as a very last resort. And even in that case, there should be no killing. I'd sooner die myself, than kill someone else, even if they're trying to kill me.

Killing someone is murder, no matter the reason.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Del Murder
07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Son in Law was better.