PDA

View Full Version : Maple Story :):):):)

Markus. D
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
sorry if this topic has already been brought up.

i just downloaded it 2 days ago, its awesome now that im level 15.
everythings great exept... theres no pvp system :mad:

tell us your characters current name/stats/lvl and why you like this game... or hate it, also your fave skill to use.

name: KazeCaster
Lvl: 15
Class: Swordsman Warrior.
fave skill/s: Power Strike and Slash Blast.

ps: another tiny thing i dont like is how mages seem to KS alot.

Tama2
07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Let's see if I can remember correctly.

Tama2
Rogue
multi strike

I think that's it. :D

Lindy
07-26-2005, 05:49 PM
It's the biggest pile of azn pride on the internet, even bigger than PG.

You can't move a step without seeing an azn or vi3t somewhere, horrible.

2D, side-scrolling, KSer filled, limited RO.

What fun.

Tidus Andronicus
07-29-2005, 05:37 AM
lol, I just started playing this about 2 weeks ago, I'm at lvl 24-25 right now... ^_^;

Its lots of fun! lol very adictive... and I love the backgrounds!

The other game I'm trying to play, although I dont think I will much, is FlyFF. heh

Rather than make another maplestory post:
You know you've been playing MapleStory too much when::
-you dissect a green mushroom expecting to find a panlid.
-when someone mugs you in an alley, and you say "FINE Ok...take the money... but, wheres the defame button?"
-you wake up at night, to the horribly wonderful sounds of mushrooms dying.
-all the houses in your town start to look like mushrooms...
-you rumage through your whole kitchen, looking for that rare 10 def panlid, and wont give up until you find it! >=3

^_^... oh please continue this! XD

Meat Puppet
07-29-2005, 05:39 AM
I used to like maple syrup, but it's too expensive now.

Mercen-X
07-29-2005, 05:53 AM
^_^... oh please continue this! XD
I would gladly, if I had any idea what this thread was about . . . (Maple Story PC MMORPG-thing?)

Tidus Andronicus
07-29-2005, 06:31 AM
http://www.mapleglobal.com/
major fansite : http://www.sleepywood.net/
needed guides for new players : http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/924697.html

Maple Story is a unique 2D side view game, where you controll a little anime-ish avitar, similar to the sprites in RO.
Its one of those MMOs that started in Korea... there's very little story besides you going on an adventure...
The game has tons of maps and locations, and hidden places... Items, equiptments, guilds, parties quests... ect... you name it... this is a completely full featured MMORPG!
Plenty of complex stuff to get into, and its very well ballenced... there are 4 first lvl jobs, and each of those have 2 or 3 second lvl jobs to choose from, and there are even 3rd lvl jobs!
This is also a perfect place for beginners to MMOs to start at... because the stats and skills are simmle to learn and understand, and while the lvling gets a little slow, its not the worst out there....
Lets not forget that when your character becomes higher lvl, there are plenty of custumizations you can use to make your character unique, and even at low lvls its rare to run into someone EXACTLY the same as you.
The backgrounds and art in this game is really just beautiful and the music is nice and wont drive you nuts!

Also, MapleStory seems known to be easilly hacked... lol true that its more Client based than the good majoraty of mmos out there... BUT hacking or using hacks of any kind WILL get you banned, and even botting can get you suspended! (like it or not, lots of people report botters) If you want to use anything in this game to cheat a little... I suggest going NO farther than an auto-loot macro... seeing as that just makes it easier for you to pick up your own drops. ^_^; ALSO beware, there are a TON of scam hacks out there, that just take your account... so thats another reason to stay away from hacks!!

Anyway, without playing the game, you can't really make good "you know your addicted" jokes... hehe So I suggest everyone at least give this game a try... =3
You may not like the people there, you may not like the art style... the LVLing grind may drive you crazy, but if you can overlook those things... you may also love this game, or grow to love it! ^_~

I can't wait to become an Ice-Lightning Wizard! >=3 And go to the other island! hehe

You know when your addicted to Maple Story when:
-you jump up the stairs instead of walking
-you stand perfectly still on a high ledge after you get hurt
-you're the only one at the pool whose compleatly estatic about owning an innertube.

Black Mage
07-29-2005, 06:50 AM
From the looks of it, it reminds me of that Unichat program from awhile back.

Other than that, I can't say it looks to be all that fun.

Markus. D
07-29-2005, 07:06 AM
it kinda sucks at first with all the snails... and newbies.... and spammers..... and snails...

but once you get to victosria island the game takes a major turn around to most awesome mmo ive played so far.

SomethingBig
07-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Is it free?

Tidus Andronicus
07-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Of course its free! ^_^/

I only play free MMOs... cept Guild Wars... but thats no monthly fee so... I guess I only play games with no p2p monthly fees... xD
Not counting free RO... XD

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:51 AM
hmm how long would this game take for 56k to dl? lol

Tidus Andronicus
07-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Well, its a 204mb download, so I'd suggest using a Download manager... so that you can resume... cause 204mb on a 56k... might take a whole night... =/

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:55 AM
o lol yea when i dled conquers it took like 18 hours to dl or more lol

Tidus Andronicus
07-29-2005, 07:01 PM
oy, yea, 56k sucks man... I could never even think about goin back to that...

Well, I wish you good luck with your download speed! ^_^;

Craig
07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
I downloaded it earlier. I'm a level 8 Magician.

Tidus Andronicus
07-30-2005, 04:44 AM
lol, yay! XD

Personally, I suggest the Bera server, its got less people, so less Kill Stealing... AND its got 2x money drops on, which seems like its gonna stay on forever! ^_^;
The advantage to the Scania server, is that its got a better economy, and if you have friends that have played the game for a while, its likely they are on that server. Although I can't think of anyother reason to be on that server...lol

I'm at lvl 25 now, and I wish I could get more than just one lvl a day... but I'm a slow lvler... @_@ I really want to get to at LEAST 30 soon! I want that next job! =3 Ice-Lightning Wizard here I come! XD
I also want to be able to go to the next Island soon! =3

Markus. D
07-30-2005, 05:13 AM
my character is named KazeCaster so whisper me and we can all make a big team and ks the high levels and newbies and the noobs.

by the way tidus, shouldnt you have like gone to oddysia by now, or at least been in the dungeon or something.

Tidus Andronicus
08-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Well, I went to the next island earlier... and even at lvl 26, I could only kill these little flying ball things... @_@...Everything else was too hard...
Am I doing something wrong??? I put all my ap points into INT, cept of course the points for LUK to be 3 higher than my lvl... >_> and my skills are perfect too. XD

Although, I can do pretty good in the dungeon, things still hurt me a lot... but I can kill enough of them.

My only problem with what I'm doin right now, is I'm having the most annoying time finding a freakin pan lid!
I've killed over 2000 Green Mushrooms... and I haven't seen ONE Pan Lid! o_o... frankly, I dont care if its got low def... although for what I've been through, it better be a 12 DEF one XD.
I've even tryed to buy one... but it seems like people are never selling them, or they are trying to be arses about it, and say they're selling it when they're not. XD
Someone said they wanted to sell a 10 DEF one, so I was talkin to them about the trade... I offered him all I had, 240k mesos, plus I offered a Zeco, with 66 attack, worth 90k when sold to an NPC (more if sold to a player probably) But even so, he must have figured it wasn't enough XD... cause he just closed the trade, and didn't talk to me again... @_@...
I really want a panlid! XD And I can't believe how hard they are to find, or that they are worth more than 330k! (I would prefer finding a high def one, but whatever v.v)

ALSO, lol the other day, I was just minding my own business... talkin to a friend, that I was helping out lvl, and I had just bought something for them... When along comes this n00b, shouting out can I have money...Although I hadn't even seen him, cause the croud around us was sooo big... too many people... I generally dont give out money... Anyway, he sent me a trade request, and asked me for money (don'r remember the amount, I think it was 5k) And I told him Sorry No, and closed the chat window, cause I was busy and trying to talk to a freind... AND HE DEFAMED ME!!!!!!! >: ((( THE STUPID N00B DEFAMED ME!!!!
I would have defamed him for that stupid move... but I didn't know where he went... and I was busy at the time, so I didn't even know who he was!!! T___T jerk...
It sucks that just anyone can come along defame you for no reason... T_T I think they should make a better fame system, like maybe you can only fame/defame after you complete a trade or a party or something... or maybe like if you defame someone, you also lose a fame point (or half a point)...

Another thing I'd like to mention, watch out for scammers, they seem common @_@... I NEVER fall for them (cause I'm not stupid, and anyone that tryes to scam someone is a total n00b)... but no matter what, no matter what they claim to be offering, never give out your password to ANYONE... and don't follow instructions from a stranger while in a trade chat window (like dont let them tell you to push certain buttons XD).
Examples I have seen:
1. durring a trade, they ask you to do something strange like push tab space then enter XD
2. they promise you something like 100k and free good items, then direct you to a website, where you are supposed to put your account name and password, and you'll get your stuff tomorrow... XD
If you see someone try that stuff, take a screenshot, and report them! And if you fall for their trick, I hope you learn your lesson, and become smarter. XD
Also, look out for morons that say "trading fame"... While some are ok, Some of them just wait until someone fames them, then run away! o.o As if for some reason, exchanging the nice gesture of faming u back, makes them lose something... there is no such thing as selling fame, yea, they can give you fame in exchange for money, but it doens't cost them anything! And if you give someone else Fame, it doens't cost you anything... althout its nice if they fame you back (if your trading fame).

Ok anyway, done with rant on stuff I was bugged by today. XD

Daggers64
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
lol, Tidus, that sucks! x3 i feel sorry... lol but I've just had a worse time, after I hadn't played for a long time... i saw this thread, so I started playing again... anyway, I'm killing green mushrooms, and this guy, i forget his name, but one of his chars was liltomtom... I was moving a few things in my inventory, and dropping crap i didn't need, and all the sudden my virus checker kicks in and lowers my MS window! @_@, when I got back in the game, a pretty decent item was on the floor, that I accedentally dropped... this guy came over and picked it up real fast!
i asked him a few times to give it back... then he just hung around... finally left.... I followed, and defamed him, and went back to playing...
all the sudden he comes back, defames me, logs off then on a different character and defames me 2 more times... he took away all points that my friends gave me!!! T_T Its bad enough he took an item and was a jerk about it... why he have to defame me 3 times! T_T jerk jerk jerk... I hope he gets banned... then raped... then shot... >: (
then to make it worse some other jackass out of no where, came up and defamed me AGAIN... T_T//// waaaaaaaa..... and he was a jerk all night, i couldn't even get away from him, he followed me! @_@...

anyway... yea, seems like the jerk count on this game kind of went up since I played...

Ok, well! x3
1-You pluck out mushrooms from the ground and wonder why they didnt drop money.
2-When someone tells you to get off the couch, you say 'Hang on, my MP's almost done.
3-When you go to the local forest and try to find Sleepywood village.
4-When you actually can kill the Balrog! @_@
^_^;;;lol

Tidus Andronicus
08-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Wow, daggers, that sucks even more @_@...

You know your playing Maple Story too much when:
1- You pay someone 480k mesos plus a 66attack Zeco, for that 10def panlid you've been killing all those thousands and thousands of Green Mushrooms for... And you continue to kill Green Mushrooms afterward, to lvl more and in hopes of finding a 12def panlid. (if they exist XD)

Markus. D
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
i started again with one of my buddies, ranger aint so bad, i donno whats with me a melee battling.

Craig
08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, I'm a lvl 18 Magician now.

Tidus Andronicus
08-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Finally broke the 30 lvl barrier! lol! ^__^ yay wizardness! *teleports around the room*

You know your playing Maple Story too much when,
You drink lots of Pure Water, because you know thats the best way to recover a lot of MP fast!

Markus. D
08-09-2005, 02:39 AM
congrats, ive paused my playing maple and gone over to neverwinter.

Markus. D
08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
sorry for double posting.

im nearly level 20, ive decided to play it again.

Dignified Pauper
08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I love that game, but I won't be playing it until I get back to college on Sept. Same with FFXI and some other Online Games.