PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden III

Blue_Mage
07-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I have heard of Suikoden before & I know its an RPG. So I asked the guys at the forums at Kingdomhearts2.net & they said I would realy love it & that you realy dont have to play I, II or IV first. I found out lots info at IGN.com & Konami.com. I am very excited about it. I want to get it for my birthday (Aug 28). But I just cant find it anywhere, well, new at least. I know I can get it used at Gamestop for 25$. I searched Amazon , Ebay & other places on the net for a new one but they cost 75 - 100 smackers, ouch! So, does anyone know any other way to get a new copy of Suikdeon III for less than 50$? If it coems down to it I will have to buy a used copy at gamestop & hope for the best.
Woooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im just so excited! I cant wait! Everyone says the only competition for Suikoden III is FFX, so it has got to be good. :hyper: :excited: :drool:

Black Mage
07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
You're not going to find a cheap new copy of Suikoden III.

Buying used it pretty much the only way to go. I suggest picking up that copy they have at your local Gamestop. You may also wish to invest in a Disc Dr. or whatever they're called. They work very nicely on used games.

Suikoden III is a good game, and though you don't need to play Suikoden I or II first, I think the experience is more enjoyable if you do.

And for what it's worth, I enjoyed Suikoden III much more than Final Fantasy X.

Lindy
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I think any half-decent RPG shatters FFX, the Crash Bandicoot of RPGs, so something like the much venerated Suikoden games should easily topple any love you have for the game.

Kamiko
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Yup yup. The graphics aren't exactly on par, but then, you aren't so controlled. I remember I was really angry at 10 because I had just beaten 8 and I felt so boxed in...

Erdrick Holmes
07-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I own Suikoden III. It's the best game on the PS2 so far. Suikoden kicks FF's ass so much. You can probably find it on ebay for under 50 dollars, like I did.

Blue_Mage
07-27-2005, 03:34 AM
:excited: :roll: :hyper: :bigsmile: :bgl: :drool: :grinpink: :love:

OMG! I cannnot wait! *starts shaking from excitment* Cant ..................... wiat ................................ must .................. get....................... Suikoden III ............................... right ..................... now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *explodes*

You make it sound sooo great! I just cannot wiat till my B-day! (Aug 28) Hopefully I can get it a little earlyer.

PS: Whats a Disc Dr.?

black orb
07-27-2005, 03:43 AM
>>> Like any other Suikoden game, S3 is awesome.
it doesnt have flawless graphics like FF10 but Im sure you`ll like it..

Black Mage
07-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Disc Dr.

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 05:24 AM
You might want to play 1 and 2 first. There's alot of stuff in 3 that makes sence if you play 1 and 2 first.

Blue_Mage
07-27-2005, 03:34 PM
It was a bitch trying to find Suikoden III. It wil be even harder to get I & II. Plus, thier 2D *shudders*.

So thats what a Disc Dr. is. Hm, Illl just check the disc & find any scratches or defects. If it does then Il try another oen. The Gamestop near my house has like 5 copys. So Im bound to find one thats perfect.

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 07:29 PM
It was a bitch trying to find Suikoden III. It wil be even harder to get I & II. Plus, thier 2D *shudders*.

What's wrong with 2D?

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 07:33 PM

What's wrong with 2D?
2D is better..

Yep, Europe gets another kick in the balls as guess what...Suikoden III wasnt released over here :D.........../xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

Lindy
07-27-2005, 07:46 PM
And yet Suikoden 4 was, pretty silly.

Stop whining about the UK not getting the games you want, if you wanted them that badly, you would import them and play them on a Modded console.

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Actually, there's a tutorial on Suikosource that shows how to get NTSC-U games to play on a PAL PS2 without mods.

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Can you give me a link please, I would apreciate if you did

Erdrick Holmes
07-27-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143